Tripadvisor
Puebla

“Good homemade pizza, olives”
Review of Arugula

Arugula
Ranked #99 of 1,088 Restaurants in Puebla
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Good homemade pizza, olives good as well, sauces have room for improvement, the place is named pizza, beer and art... I think the art is missing there... recommended...

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (73)

Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

After spending much time reading reviews and narrowing down the pizza options, I walked around Zocalo area looking at several of the restaurants. Once I made it to Arugula, I instantly new that it was the place for me. It is off the crazy Zocolo strip and a place where you can have a relaxing dinner, be able to hear your table mates, and feel at home.

It has a lovely and inviting atmosphere. Despite having a classy decor, the restaurant has casual elements, such as the color crayons and butcher paper on the tables.

The service was impeccable and the thin cut pizza was simple and just what I wanted. I ordered the margarita and added double mushrooms. The crust was done perfect, there was not too much cheese and it was not greasy at all. I would’ve preferred more basil but it was nice that there were pieces of fresh basil on pizza.

I absolutely loved the totally unique hot oil’s and other toppings that they served with the pizza.

Everyone in the restaurant seem to really enjoy their meals. Most people ordered pizzas but, the people who ordered other menu items appeared very happy with their meals as well.

There is also a full bar.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

Very thin crust that was perfectly baked in their stone ovens. Tons of selection. We had one with eggplant, pesto and great tomato sauce. The 3 salsa choices as toppings were all great and I used much of them. Very interesting peanut sauce, herbed and a sweet spicy chipotle. Our server spoke a perfect English and was very charming. He lived in New Jersey as a kid and was happy to practice his English with us. Nice change from the moles.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed November 19, 2017

Large restaurant in a great people watching street corner selling good value and tasty pizza. Slightly shabby but service, prices and food are good

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed November 8, 2017

This has become our weekly pizza joint, with a diverse variety of salads, pizzas and pastas. Decent selection of beers. As for other alcoholic drinks, the bar is small but full of bottles of every sort.

The pizza is just the best.

Date of visit: November 2017