“Great History of the Trains in Mexico”

Museo Nacional del Ferrocarril
Ranked #19 of 120 things to do in Puebla
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I really enjoy walking the museum and then getting to actually go on some of the old trains there... great photo opportunities.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My 2 year old daughter is currently in love with trains so this was a must on our list of things to do in Puebla. There is a 12 peso fee to get in but it's worth being able to get up close with the trains. There are so many trains here and a good mix of traditional commuter trains and the rarer trains, such as a mail train. The art exhibit that was in one of the trains was very interesting about the people that ride on top of trains to get across the country. The bathrooms are some of the cleanest public bathrooms that I have seen in Mexico. Be sure you take advantage of that. I wish the gift shop would have been open when we were there but they had just closed and we didn't have time to wait around for them to reopen. I would go again.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

It is a bit of a walk from the Zocalo at a disused station. You can clam be r over the engines and go into the carriages too.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Don't get me wrong, I like trains. The problem with this museum is that the signeage isn't very good, and few of the trains are open. It's a bit out of the way, so I'd give it a miss.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Lots of beautiful old trains in spacious grounds. Not really enough information though - I still don't know WHY there are barely any trains running in Mexico nowadays - and no staff to ask either. There was a weird modern art exhibition in the main building (the old station), with terrible loud audio. Nobody was there. The space should be used for exhibitions that are informative and relevant to the subject of Mexican railways. Gift shop disappointing - no toy/model trains or decent postcards of the trains exhibited at the museum.