“The Best choice to stay in Puebla!”

EL Sueno Hotel & Spa
Ranked #20 of 97 Hotels in Puebla
Mexico Df
“The Best choice to stay in Puebla!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Unique concept, every detail makes you feel in a dream! We spent 3 days in Puebla and we had the opportunity to enjoy 2 different amazing suites miroslava and catarina. Great food and amazing drinks. The staff was very polite and well trained.

• Stayed October 2013
HotelPuebla, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at EL Sueno Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Mr. Arroyo, I’m pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Our main goal is to satisfy each one of our guests, and to accomplish that goal our personnel is in constant training. As you said all our rooms are different, each with unique styles and decorations. I’m glad to know you had the opportunity to stay in two of our suites, and I hope you’ll decide to visit us once again to get to know all other 18 rooms!

Irving Miguel Camacho

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We just spent 4 days at El Sueno in Puebla, Mexico. This botique hotel is absolutely amazing! There were 16 of us staying and we all had such a nice time. The rooms were all furnished differently, so we had a ball looking at each others rooms. Rooms are very spacious and the the housekeeping staff does a great job. The entire staff goes out of there way to make sure each guest is satisfied! The location is perfect for walking around beautiful Puebla. Food was delicious with both inside and garden areas to eat in. We would highly recommend El Sueno!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HotelPuebla, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at EL Sueno Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Alice, let me thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I’m really glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is to satisfy our guests by giving them a service of great quality.

I’m glad you had a great time exploring our hotel and our rooms. As you said each one is unique. Each of our 20 rooms is different from one another and you had the opportunity to prove it by yourselves.

It was our pleasure to have you and your family with us, and we hope you’ll be visiting us once again in the future.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I spent my Honey Moon in el Sueno Hotel last year and it was a wonderful time. And last August my husband and I were planning our vacation on de Beautiful colonial City “Puebla de los Angeles” and of course we planned to stay in the same hotel, but when I was checking some reviews I was surprised of all the negatives things people said about this wonderful Hotel. I told my Husband about that and maybe we can look for other hotel to stay in instead. But my husband said to me don’t pay attention to the bad things and he remembered all the great time we had in there and he was right, because one time we arrived to el Sueno Hotel all my worries went out. The hotel has more beautiful Suites and it has a Pool. (it was perfect, because this time we went with our son who is eleven) and the vegetation and plants they had are incredible and the feeling of freshness and the people are really nice, the workers’ attention make you feel so important. The food is Magnificent especially those Chiles in Nogada. Our vacation was really nice, this time our son enjoys the pool, and we had to drag him out of the pool. I want to say thank you to all the personal of the Sueno Hotel for all the attention they gave to us.

Room Tip: if you have kids the best rooms are the ones closest to the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest

Let me begin by thanking you for sharing your experience with us.
I’m really glad you chose to stay with us one more time, and I hope it will not be the last. Here at El Sueño we aim to please all our guests by giving them a great service and offering the best installations.

It pleases me to know you found our cuisine of your liking. Our Chiles en Nogada were the specialty of September, but we always add some specialties every month and change them to always have something new on our menu.

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I remind you we are ready to welcome you with us again and make you feel like home.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I decided to stay at El Sueno because La Purificadora and CasaReyna were both fully booked (no surprise). The hotel looked beautiful online and I liked the concept. First of all, when my assistant made the reservation, she gave them my credit card number so they could charge me for the room. When I got there, however, they told me that they had not charged my card yet, so they asked me to pay BEFORE even entering my room. There was no reason to mistrust them, so I paid AGAIN for a charge that had in fact been made during the reservation.
My room looked better in pictures than in reality. They generally have good taste in decoration, but the quality of 90% of it is very poor and cheap. Definitely not worth the $3000 pesos ($250 USD) I paid for a master suite. The wifi connection was terrible, so I ordered an internet cble, which did not work either and was so dirty and worn out it was disgusting. The food was good enough, but I practically had to beg the chef to make my enchiladas vegan, since there was absolutely nothing on the menu I could eat. The fruit on the welcome bowl was not fresh, and bathrobes and towels were cheap and dirty. Finally, it took me almos 30 MINUTES to get hot water from bathtub (not a jacuzzi, even though it says so on their website). A guy came into the room, turned on my shower and said "see, there's hot water in the shower!". Then he walked across the room dripping water all over the floor and did not seem to care. Furthermore, the water leaks out, so the bathroom floor turns into a very dangerous and slippery risk. I parked my car right outside the door and the valet parking just took my keys and left the car there. Not a very safe parking space. Finally, it was very noisy at night even though I was at the 2nd floor. There was even a person playing the saxophone right outside of my window/door. All in all, it is a great and beautiful concept, and I would have gladly paid the price if they had delivered what they promised... I would not come back again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank m m
HotelPuebla, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at EL Sueno Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear guest, first of all I would like to apology for the bad experience you went through during your stay, but I would also like to thank you for taking a bit of your time to share your experience and comments with us. Remember, we grow better when we know our mistakes.

I would like to steal some minutes of your time to discuss about the problems you encountered during your stay.

-When making a reservation, we only make a verification to the credit card in order to make sure the information is correct; our guests can choose how they want to pay at their arrival.

-Every single one of our rooms is different, with a different special “touch” to it. If we have the availability, we can show the different rooms to our guests in order for them to choose the one they like the most.

-We are currently working to make sure our guests have no problem with connecting to our Wi-Fi, and we are making sure the cables we offer have the quality they deserve, by replacing the old ones with new ones.

-Our menu is updated regularly adding new dishes and a variety of new options, including vegan and light options, and each week we offer a special dish of the authority of our chef, in order to always offer something different to our guests.

-We have an always-on cauldron and solar panels to make sure our guests have access to hot water 24/7, and our personnel is being trained constantly to make sure they can solve your demands. If someone refuses or isn’t able to solve your demands, we train them so they don’t make the same mistake twice.

-We have a private parking lot, so each time a guest arrives at our hotel we take the cars there so they can be stored safely.

I’m really sorry we didn’t fully cover your expectations, but I would like to remind you that we work harder every day to grow better, and would be honored if you chose to give us a second chance.

Houston, TX
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, with each room having its own decor but all fitting into the unique and fresh feel to the entire hotel. We were a large group staying, so we freely went between several rooms and they were all very comfortable and elegantly decorated. The staff is incredibly friendly and most speak English (for any travelers concerned about that.) They were happy to help with anything that we needed or wanted. The one downside is that service speed for meals was glacial at times. However, their menu is very diverse, presentation is beautiful and flavors fantastic.

Room Tip: The Catarina suite is lovely, in the back of the property and well put together as a suite.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kate N
Ensenada, Mexico
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Love the whole concept behind this hotel, blending old with modern and creating an eclectic mix. Really enjoyed our stay there. Breakfast was excellent. The Restaurant and Bar are great, try the Martinis they are really good.

Service was awesome all throughout, they really go out of their way to make you feel at home.

The only thing they have to improve on is the Internet which goes and comes at times. But then this might be positive as it makes you go explore the city instead.

It's ideally located, walking distance to everything. Mattresses are some of the best hotel ones I've ever slept on.

Room Tip: Try the Tamarindo Martini from the bar and the Mole Chilaquiles for breakfast.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I would love to give this hotel 5 stars. The rooms are gorgeous. The staff are friendly and professional. Breakfast was delicious. Massage was great. The whole place has a really lovely, relaxed feel.

Except when you are trying to sleep.

We stayed in Tamara - a lovely, spacious and quirky room that we really loved. But on the first night, a saxophone player (not my favourite instrument at the best of times) was literally standing on our doorstep serenading some diners.

Night 2, and the entire foyer, restaurant, and - pretty much the whole hotel, was given over to a Mexican wedding reception that you had to navigate just to get to your room. Then right on cue ie: bedtime, a violinist arrived on our doorstep, serenading more diners...

If you want some sleep - this is not the place to stay. also - if you stay in Tamara, bring an eyemask as the room is very bright and there are no blackout curtains.

If you don't mind a boutique party atmosphere, you may like this place - but if you like your sleep, definetly stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: Don't choose Tamara unless you have an eyemask. the room is bright all night from the street.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joeschwaa
HotelPuebla, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at EL Sueno Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Each comment from our customers is paramount and we work every day in their welfare.
thank you for choosing and care provided, hope to serve you again in the near future.
Best regards!