EL Sueno Hotel & Spa
  • Room Service
$66
$61
Priceline
All reviewsbreakfast and dinnerkind of hotelhotel is situatedbed was very comfortablesmall hotelroof terracewalking distanceair conditioningmexico citythe main squarefridasuitecathedralmiguelmuseo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 29, 2011

It was my second time at El Sueno, I was so excited staying at one of the master Suites this time. Being a native New Yorker I love great food. El sueno has good food not great but one of the best I've ever had in Mexico. I was even recognized by one of the staff there from my previous visit. I was really happy with my room for price and its location to the center of town. I was in need of extending my stay was informed they were booked solid for the upcoming weekend. I had one hour to check out so I got up from my breakfast table in an empty dining room. I forgot my ipad at my table in the corner. Needless to say it broke my heart because I could never stay there again or in good conscious recommend it to anyone.
I was so hurt and disappointed with the staff. I would never set foot in that place again.

Room Tip: Go some where else!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank NativeNewYorker138
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We first booked the Jr. Suite which wa absolutely awful. The decor, the layout and the orientation within the hotel all felt like an afterthought. We viewed the master suite which was equally atrocious and ultimately chose a deluxe room. The deluxe room was clean, well laid out and on a beautiful floor in the hotel. I'd highly recommend it to folks, and Puebla itself is charming and lovely. Just go with a regular room and you'll have a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank hellokate
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Somehow, this hotel misses the mark. The location is astounding...with the zocolo and cathedral only a couple of blocks away. The room looked great...but it just wasn't that comfortable. The ceiling is two stories high, so you have an allusion of space, but the only space you really have in the room is the bed. We did use a pretty seating area outside of our room. The room was also dark...with just one very small window. I thought the shower, with some sort of wooden floor, seemed odd.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We where recently in El Sueño Hotel in Puebla.
I am a Physician in Mexico City and my and my girl friend are considered to be relaxed, tolerant and easy going when you go for a vacation.
El sueño became a Nightmare.
The Spa Room is in the roof with a horrible decor and very smal and not private space. The massage guy didnt even ciose a curtain when my girl was undressing. The massage was more a boxers massage than therapeutic masssage and lasted 40 minutes when we had payed for an hour. The jacussy was cold and the cleaning guy came in whithot knocking to tell us the time was over.
The next morning we had a nice breakfast and went back for a nap, but this was interrupted by a clumsy reception guy who told us we had to leave the room because the cleaning maid was leaving so she could clean the room.
When in our last night we were bathing in the outdoor jacussi that was very cold, the cover of the jacussi got loose and then the same cleaning gut came to scold me and my girl that we had broken it. I told him that he was unkind and lying and with frustration hit in my fist on a table. They called the Police in Puebla and they ravagely came in to our room and kicked us out.
The food is good and the house is quite.
The rooms are not very clean, with cold water in the showers and with horrible plasticlike wooden floors.
We are about to make a law suit against the hotel and some of their staff.
We are very decent and outgoing people and realy advice not to go there.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Malkah N
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Great location, this place is absolutely beautiful, cocktails are great, service is top class. They even provide us an extra early breakfast. Only tiny improvement could be the curtains of the room.. light coming through the windows, I was unnable to sleep.
Not Hotel fault.. however we could not get our company invoice, booked through Despegar.com and still not having our invoice for tax purposes.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business