Fiesta Inn Puebla Las Animas
$61
Travelocity
$143
$140
All reviewsbusiness class hotelother hotelsrooms are moderngreat hotelhistoric centerbreakfast buffet iswould stay here againper nightrecommend this hoteltwo nightstriangulowalmartgymamenitiessinkmuseopillows
Reviewed October 18, 2012

For UK readers, if I say this hotel is like a decent new Premier Inn with an in-house Little Chef, you'll get the picture. Rooms are modern, clean and comfortable. Staff are friendly and helpful, tolerating my lack of Spanish with a smile. Breakfast offers a good selection and is reasonably priced, but the dining area is high ceilinged, cold and unwelcoming. Dinner... well, just take my advice and eat out. For example, there is a choice of pizzas, but these come from packets on show in a chiller near the bar. It's a shame, because in other respects the hotel is actually pretty good.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim P
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is new, you can see it in all the details. The decoration is simple, clean, I like it. The clerk service is good, friendly. The breakfast buffet does not have variety but have flavor, it is very good. The omellets and quesadillas ladies have a really good numbering method to keep order in the service, congratulations.
The rooms are quiet, relaxing. The location is great because it is in a new and modern area in the city.
Only one suggestion: at the checkout time the clerk must ask if the client has a car in the parking lot, because you have to pay a fee in the front desk not at the parking lot, so you have to go back to pay that fee.

Room Tip: In upper levels you can have a great view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank azb61
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed here for 10 days and I was quite impressed with not only the property itself, but the service. The hotel is brand new and I didn't really experience any problems. It's connected to the mall which makes things easier- especially if you don't want to do room service or eat at the hotel (which I don't recommend because it is pricey...but the breakfast buffet is superb! I highly recommend it...even though it's a little on the expensive side, but it's convenient and delicious...everything made to order and the staff really goes out of their way to make sure we're happy.).
My only gripe is the cab fares from the hotel are way more expensive than if you pick up the cab on the mall side. The hotel has posted taxi fares but don't go by it! It ranges 10-20 pesos more than the typical fares. The hike up the rates since they're picking up customers at a nice hotel. Always ask the taxi driver how much it will be before getting in and if you're not happy negociate. Don't ask the bell hops what a 'typical rate' will be because they will tell you what the posted fare is. Also- it's not necessary to tip the cab drivers (unless they go out of their way to help you out- ie, put luggage in the trunk)...so give them what they ask for...I found out later when my cousin thought I was crazy for giving the cab driver more.
My stay at the Fiesta Inn was wonderful and I'll be returning back here, for sure!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Vanesa L
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have stayed at Fiesta Inn and Fiesta Americana properties all over Mexico. This is undoubtably a step above the other properties I have stayed in. They are always fine, but just that, fine. Kind of like a holiday inn or a marriott, clean but nothng to get too excited about. Nothing you would go out of your way to recommend. This property had a beautiful modern lobby with tons of places to hang out, plug in your computer, an attractive restaurant and good service. What I was surprised by was the pool area, which is quite lovely. Has a view over Puebla that is attractive, and there was even a waiter who stopped by periodically to bring us beers. The room is attractive, with the big basin sink outside of the bathroom so two people can prepare at once. It is connected to a shopping center so a lot of differnet amenities are easily at hand. I found the price very reasonable as well. All in all, if one is to stay In Puebla (but not in the historic center), this is a great choice, a lot less stuffy and boring than a lot of other siilarly priced chain hotels.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I come to Puebla every month. I was the second customer on the opening day, and this was my fifth visit. I can tell you that from day one they have done their job.
The hotel is great in terms of location and amenities.
Is inside a classy and small shopping center named El Triangulo, with good restaurants and Starbucks.
The food at the hotel is excellent. The service has improved a lot thanks to the involvement of the manager. I always see her (Rocio is her name), walking around and cheering customers. Great attitude!

I personally don't like very much the kind of decoration of the room sink area, particularly the mirrors. Everything else is great for me.

Keep returning every month!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business