All reviews home away from home private bathroom mexico city lucia hosts richard
Reviewed April 6, 2015

The hosts were very hospitable & we enjoyed many interesting conversation with them Breakfast is freshly prepared every morning & includes option of a Mexican dish offered with much pride. Very comfortable & pleasant stay.

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2014

Situated near the top of the Avenue Juarez, this cozy spot is ideal if you want to see the city on foot. The area is well-to-do with plenty of trendy bars and classy restaurants. The many students/universities nearby add to lively atmosphere.

the b'n'b is run by friendly and informative family who know puebla well. The breakfast was varied each morning, prepared by chef which was top quality.

Would recommend especially for english speakers learning spanish!

Stayed 3 nights Nov 2014.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2014

We had 4 very pleasant nights here, well looked after by the family that run it and enjoyed our visit to Puebla. One disadvantage is that it is an hour walk to the centre of Puebla along busy roads or 15 mins in a taxi. Compensations are the varied and really good Mexican breakfasts and the friendly, informal atmosphere, talking with the owners and other guests.

Reviewed November 14, 2014

I was in Puebla for a week, on a business trip.. I had tons of appointments, lasting all day long - and then long-distance grad school projects that kept me awake into the late late evenings. The Stones made me feel so comfortable in their home. I honestly felt like a part of their family. I can't thank them enough for making my stay in Puebla so complete!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

You should know at the very beginning this not my first time here. These people who are here for youmake you comfortable. My flight always comes in late to the local airport, and there's always someone here to greet me. If my flight leaves very very early in the morning, they set an alarm, and come down, and let me out and secure the house again after I go.

This house is a perfect location in Puebla in a district called La Paz. Its very safe at the house. The house has lots of security if you're concerned with security issues. It's located in a nice neighborhood. I never had to lock the door to my room, or worry about anything in the house.

Richard and Lucia the owners (bi-lingual), make you incredibly welcome at this house. Their sons Elliot and Sam are plesantly asking me if I need anything.

There are several rooms to choose from, they're all clean, and spacious, and modern.

They have always been very very nice about calling for taxi cabs, and restaurants in making reservations, and never complain about it. Wonderful customer service. Many near by local restaurants and bars to choose from around here. I'm a little confused about how about their hours of operation, but it never stopped me from enjoying myself.

The entire family is very personable and the family histories fascinating. They're very knowledgeable and very well educated in this family.

Sitting in the evening out in the patio on the front with a book, and a cool breeze to relax you is a wonderful way to spend time relaxing.

The breakfast. I have to talk about the breakfast OMG. They have an in house chef named Yaz. She is a Culinary School graduate. Just wait until you see the breakfast. Everyday something completely different. I photographed every one of them. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I find the location fine. You're halfway between downtown Puebla and the town of Cholula which is nearby. You have to visit it too when you come here.they have a pyramid. Surrounded by volcanoes you never get tired of the horizon.

I should mention that when you come here, and need a taxi cab, you should ask them to call for Americo. He never overcharges and he is very pleasant, though no English. Very safe.

If you need something special like a haircut or massage (by Raquel) they have professionals that come to the house and do it here for a reasonable price. We did both.

Rooms are reasonably priced, and hotels in the downtown area don't include such a fine breakfast.

Best deal anywhere and worth every penny.

Date of stay: April 2014