“Still one of my all-time favorites”

Casa de los Munecos
Ranked #22 of 1,006 Restaurants in Puebla
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Av Juan de Palafox/2 Oriente
Description: Mexxican cuisine Restaurant. Fusion between Traditional Poblana Cuisine and Mexican Contemporary Cuisine. Seasonal tipical dishes. Catering and Event Planning Easy Gourmet Products family: hot sauces, marmalades, pre-cooked dishes
Reviewed December 29, 2018

Great service, coffee, vast variety of freshly baked pastry options, and the absolute best chilaquil options in Puebla. My favorite: The tri-color (Politico?) dish. Love the restaurant, the setting and alwasy go back when in Puebla.

Reviewed December 27, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful setting with superb cuisine. Excellent service, good wine list and all reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 18, 2018 via mobile

It looks like a museum with the “old” (and beautiful) furniture
My mom would have loved this place, but I realize this decor is not for everyone

The food was good. Just what I needed, a hot chicken soup! Bread was alright. Nothing special. But the house butter with tamarindo was a plus

I didn’t try anything else but I saw the way the were preparing some desserts and I looked amazing

Reviewed November 4, 2018

When we didn't feel like trying out a new restaurant, we opted for Munecos.. The servers were welcoming and helpful. The food was consistently delicious and beautifully presented. And the churros--oh my!

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Sandy R
Reviewed September 20, 2018

I wandered in here this morning and had the best tamal of my life. Inside, rajas and cheese, on top pork pibil.the masa was just right. Spicy and delicious. It was such a great exoerience that I returned for dinner, The lengua Veracruz style was fantastic. Tender and in a wonderful sauce. It is not common to have lengua on a nicer restaurant menu. The flan was outstanding. The place is in a lovely old building just a few feet from the plaza..
The service at both meals was excellent: welcoming and attentive. I left happy. Highly reccommend.

Date of visit: September 2018