“To go and repeat.”

Las Ranas
Ranked #68 of 778 Restaurants in Puebla
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: It is located just around the corner of the street 5 de Mayo in Puebla (the most important walking street) It is 2 restaurants.. one right across the other. They specialize in tacos but they serve a few other dishes too. It is by far the best tacos in the city and I have invited friends from Greece, Norway and all over Mexico and everyone loves them so I can't understand why they aren't listed in tripadvisor yet. They are the best known tacos in the city I am sure
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The taco árabe is the best, but this popular restaurant is a true local institution. It is full many times, but the food and the price are worth to wait.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This neighborhood place fills up with people of all ages and sizes. It is no frills, both in ambiance or service, but the food is delicious and cheap and the people-watching top-notch. We loved it, and found ourselves stopping in several times during our stay in Puebla. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. YUM!

1  Thank grumpyer
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The Tacos Al Pastor were amazing! The hot fresh tortillas were the best tortillas I've ever had--which is saying a lot because I live in Mexico and eat fresh tortillas frequently. They were very inexpensive. This place can't be beat.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The tacos arabes (typical Poblano fare) served here are cheap, huge (I could only eat one) and full of flavor. The meat is shaved off of a big roast and served in a tortilla with salsas on the side. There are actually 2 restaurants on either side of 2 Ave Poniente, so if the line is too long in one, go to the other. After you're seated, you are given an order form to fill out which is helpful for those who don't speak the language. My only complaint is that I could only eat just one.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Went 3 times to this place when in Puebla. It is easily the best food in the world! Great atmosphere, we were made to feel very welcome each time and it was always busy. Cannot fault this place in a single way. Even 2 years after going there, we still talk about it being the No 1 place we went to while travelling.