“Good location, bad room”

Hotel Royalty Centro
Ranked #79 of 101 Hotels in Puebla
Reviewed November 2, 2013

It wasn't my choice, we travelled with the group. I liked the hotel, it's lobby and interior, but the room was very small, and the bathroom had a window to the corridor, so you have to be careful to close your curtains. If wouldn't have stay there However the opposite room with the zocalo view that we saw next morning, looked pretty good and maybe expensive. but the location is great

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tasta

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We booked 2 rooms for our family. Elevator was broken My in laws stayed in a 2nd floor double. It was the smallest room I've ever been in. Made cruise cabin beds look like a king. Our room was a jr suite on the. 3rd floor. Very nice & big. It had 2 full size beds & 1 twin. It was very very noisy in the plaza that night. We had to open the windows since there was no fan to circulate the air.
If yo need a place on the square it's not a bad choice but be sure to book a Jr suite & ask for a fan

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank donnyagreen
Reviewed July 29, 2013

At this point I didn´t have to many options and I was by myself so I pretty much had to take (at this point) my best bet and this one it was an average hotel. The only room was a double and of course they wouldn´t charge me less even though I was by myself, it was the last of the last at the very end of the hotel the room was clean. The only thing I have to complained was the breakfast buffet I have to ask many times for them to bring me silverware, napkins and bread. They keep asking who was in charge of those tables instead of just bringing the **** things.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank mgmpg
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I've been traveling to Puebla regularly for more than 10 years. The Royalty used to be my first choice, but no longer. In my opinion, there are better options nearby. That said, they still have one of my favorite Puebla restaurants. Their food is fantastic. Make sure to try their chicken with mole or their chiles enogadas. -- Fantastic food, but find a different hotel nearby to stay in.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Mike H
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Located right on the zocalo in the center of everything. The sidewalk eating area is perfect for watching the activivities and people. The rooms are varied in size and appear to be in the process of upgrading. We had a third floor interior jr. suite that had been renovated and was huge with a very spacious bathroom. The beds were reasonably comfortable, but the pillows could have been used as sand bags-hard and heavy. The TV was a large screen HDTV, but all channels are in Spanish. Let the shower run for several minutes if you are on the third floor. The elevator was not working and appears to be in the process of replacement. Excelent service-great location-good value.

• Stayed: March 2013

4. Good restaurant with good prices
5. Comfortable room
6. Free parking loft with parking service
7. Wonderful view
8. Cheap price(just 60USD for double room with breakfast)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SnicSic
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We booked two triple rooms for our family of 7. Although the triple rooms online say a maximum of three persons, each room had a double bed and two single beds so they easily accomodated four people. The rooms were large and both overlooked the Zocalo. We could open the windows and enjoy all of the crowds but it was quite noisy in the evenings. Also, the Cathedral bells did ring for extended periods of time one morning. We did enjoy a delicous complimentary breakfast each morning, which was a definite plus for a group our size. There was a Dominos pizza, McDonalds, and Oxxo next door for the kids who weren't quite as adventerous in their dining choices but our kids did fine. As mentioned before, the staff doesn't always speak English but they are very helpful and will try to find someone who can translate when needed. Puebla is a beautiful city and I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: If you won't be bothered by noise, definitely choose a room on the Zocalo!