All reviews former convent retractable roof fox news breakfast was amazing room was nicely appointed where breakfast is served luxury hotel beautiful hotel visited this hotel an upgrade hotel experience a wonderful stay restaurant staff few blocks colonial city inner courtyard excellent location
Selected filters
Reviewed December 25, 2018 via mobile

After a poor stay at Quinta Real in Oaxaca, I was promised a great experience at Quinta Real in Puebla.

I did not get it.

It’s a shame because the hotels physically are beautiful old converted convents. But the service is lousy. As at Oaxaca, many of the staff, especially at the front desk and front door, are simply not friendly, nor did I receive a warm welcome, at all.

While my room was lovely, I had to endure a loud party in the courtyard that went on until 1 am last night ( “and I received no warning about this party), and I had a 5:30 am taxi to catch. I did complain about it, but they didn’t do anything.

In fact, when I went to check out, they charged me for a bottle of water from my room, and they charged me for two days of wifi, which I also complained about, because the WiFi functioned so poorly. You would think as a gesture of good will and great service, they would not have charged me the $20 for the water and WiFi, and because of the loud, late party. I even said to the front desk guy, why are you charging me for WiFi when it worked so poorly? He didn’t care.

There is a problem with customer service at this high end chain of Mexican hotels. It obviously starts at the top, and filters down to the hotel employees. They do not understand what great service is, and I suggest they study Apple, Nordstrom’s, and The Ritz Carlton models of OUTSTANDING customer service and what that looks like.

Again, this is a 5 star hotel chain that offers maybe 2-3 star customer service, at best.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2018

Old monastery, little dusty, with some charm.
My room was without window, so I had to sleep with open door, because carpet in the room looks only relatively clean ( maybe clean , but too old)and room was little smelly.
But the room was not too small and very quiet
Breakfast was very good on Sunday and OK on Monday.
All together was OK.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

Gorgeous 5 Star hotel converted from 16th c. convent. Perfect central location close to Museums, Cathedral, zocalo and fine restaurants. Fabulous breakfast included in rate. Rooms vary greatly due to age of structure. Choose an inside room for peace and quiet. Attentive staff.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed October 30, 2018

Having stayed in other hotels Quinta Real and spent the day at the beautiful one in Acapulco, I was shocked at how shabby the room was. It is an outrage that the website calls it a suite. It was smaller than that of many three-star hotels, no window, only one mirror in the bathroom, dark and gloomy. The public spaces are beautiful colonial style with lots of class, but my room was dreadful. The dining room always has a chilly breeze blowing through it and, surprisingly, no overhead heaters. The location is wonderful and the Sunday buffet is one of the best I have enjoyed. Stay somewhere else and come for the buffet.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

I've stayed at the Quinta Real before and they always deliver. My stay was wonderful beautiful amazing and fantastic. I loved my room. Pay a little more for an upgrade and that will be well worth the expense.

Sunday brunch was amazing. Wonderful abundance of a variety of food and great music.

The location is great. Check out the local panderia around the corner, two left turns out the front door.

Service was amazing. I'd like to mention Maria at registration, Fernando as waiter and Renee as a good bellman.

The maids were very attentive to maintaining the Cleanliness of the room. No issues. One day I requested No service but checked on me and my satisfaction of the room 2 more times.

Fox News came in handy especially to watch the vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh as our latest Supreme Court Justice. I'm glad we had a good US News station available.

The WiFi was good.

I had ZERO issue with hot water. Towels were plush. My bed was very comfortable.

Staff was so kind and attentive. When in Puebla again, I would want to stay here again.

One minor complaint, cream should be readily available downstairs to have with coffee in the morning. I saw and used the cream on one day, but it wasn't there the following morning. The coffee was pretty good.

Enjoy.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Alan V, Director General at Quinta Real Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your experience with us, it is very nice to be able to share comments like this to all the team work as part of motivation for our daily effort. Quinta Real Hotels have the commitment to improve our service and quality to satisfy the expectations of our guests. Your comments help us to achieve it day by day being this that distinguishes us.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the near future, ensuring that on your next visit we will continue to fulfill all your expectations.

Yours Sincerely,