Hotel Casona San Antonio
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfew blockswould stay here againgreat locationbreakfast servicelarge roomtwo nightshotel is locatedsecond floorno elevatorbreakfast was includedhistoric districtmuseomexicoamablesofaac
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2014

The hotel is good, but the reception is not. People at the reception are not kind and, before leaving, when the receptionist checked that I didn't say in the questionnaire that his service was good, he harassed me asking me why in a very annoying way. I think that is totally unacceptable, because he is obliged to reflect and improve, not to aggressively intimidate clients.

In addition, women in charge of cleaning my room where untidy and careless, they left some cups dirty and a used coffee bag with the new ones.

It is a pity that such a nice hotel loses clients because of the people they hire.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Rosario P
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Casona San Antonia is a great hotel in an excellent location for exploring the most beautiful and well-kept city in Mexico. The hotel rooms are very high quality with every amenity you could want - A/C, iron, TV, hairdryer, minibar, coffeemaker, etc. The hotel is located in a beautiful old building, among the many beautiful old buildings in Puebla. It's round the corner from the Museo Amparo and a short walk from the cathedral and Zocalo. Despite being on a fairly busy street, the rooms are situated round courtyards and are very quiet. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful - as soon as we arrived in our rented car, they grabbed all our luggage and whisked the car away to their parking lot. The hotel restaurant, in the covered courtyard, is of very high quality. We ate dinner there one night and it was excellent, as were our breakfasts. Comfort and good value -- what more could you ask for.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is in the back and not on the street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SandyGrim
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Used this hotel as a home base for my family coming from San Diego, CA for the wedding. We booked three rooms for over the weekend, and could not have been more pleased.

Rooms and bathrooms are very clean. Each room had its own AC unit, TV, and the room with two double beds served as a meeting place for us all. (It was the most spacious and open!)

Service is top notch, each employee we encountered was attentive and met our requests. As a smaller hotel, my parents - who don't indulge very often - felt that this hotel was so nice and "exclusive," which means a lot!
We ate breakfast each morning we had free, and while it took some time for our plates to come out, everyone had a tasty dish (my dad ordered the campesinos plate twice!).

Locale is great, very near El Zocalo, el Parian for shopping... quick taxi ride anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I have been to Puebla several times now and this is the best hotel I stayed in yet. The location is perfect, only a few blocks from the main city square in the old part of town. The rooms are spacious and clean. And the best part is the breakfast which offers a nice variety and is very delicious.

Room Tip: Some rooms have an outside window which helps to get fresh air into the room if you are not a fan of the A/C (like me).
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Bastian W
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed 3 nights, very good location and very clean. Staff were very nice and the cook to order breakfast is very good. The rooms by the street are very noisy due to passing cars, buses ECT. We stayed in room 16 and did not sleep well the first night. However we changed to room 10 and had a very peaceful comfortable stay the next two nights. Also I paid for 3 adults and room 16 has 2 full size beds, room 10 has 2 king size beds, I booked 2 queen beds. The change in rooms saved the stay from being unpleasant.

Room Tip: inside rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family