“the great pyramid”

Presidente InterContinental Puebla
Ranked #16 of 106 Hotels in Puebla
Reviewed December 4, 2013

***OUTSTANDING RESORT HOTEL, Don't miss this hotel if you find yourself traveling to Puebia. I have revisited this hotel 3 times now. My first was in 2008. This elegant hotel is backed with a great hotel staff that makes you stay a dream. Every little detail of your stay is top of the line. The breakfast is wonderful. The room are large and well appointed for the business as well as the leaser traveler. There are many wonderful food options here as well as shops. The bar is the best of all my travels, don't miss a visit. You are centered here in the historic district. Just a few miles to The great pyramid of Cholula.

Room Tip: As for a room to view the volcano
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
GuillermoStankiewicz, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience, it’s always gratifying to know that Hotel Presidente InterContinental Puebla met your expectations with our food quality and our comfortable facilities.
Kind words like yours are always welcome with great enthusiasm by every staff member.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed some times in this hotel and is very nice and the beds are good and the suite we choose is big and comfortable. The food is good, but years ago was very very good!. Only Alfredo the Roma is Good!! The Breakfast Buffet is good.

Room Tip: The Suite "Las Flores" is a big suite with 2 Bedrooms,and 2 Baths;very quiet and comfy. I...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
GuillermoStankiewicz, Director General at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments and for choosing Presidente Intercontinental Puebla I am glad to read that you enjoyed our rooms and restaurants. We will pass your comments with our food and beverage manager.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon for another Intercontinental experience

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three wonderful times. The rooms are quite comfortable. Actually beds are amazing, even my 4-year old trouble sleeper girl got a very good night sleep there. Decoration in the lobby and in general gets you the taste of Puebla. Drinks at the bar are also very good.

Last time I stayed at the Flores Suite and it was very comfortable although I am afraid it needed a bit of maintenance -the mirror in the bathroom was broken and the light did not work. Other than that I will highly recommend this place to stay in Puebla, whether you go on a business trip or with the family.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
GuillermoStankiewicz, Director General at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

First of all thank you for choosing Presidente Intercontinental Puebla and for your time to share your experience with us. Thank you for your comments, they will help us improve and continue to provide an outstanding service. I look forward to welcome you back soon

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Very nice hotel and staff. I stayed here 4 nights and my room smelled like sewer gas. I would have to run water in all of the drains to stop the smell then open the room and patio door, but it still smelled. Also the air conditioner could not get the temperature below 75 degrees F. As this was a business trip I only slept in the room so it wasn't worth reporting or moving.

Room Tip: If it smells bad and is hot in the room change before you unpack.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
GuillermoStankiewicz, Director General at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write us about your experience regarding your recent visit. We apologize for the difficulties experienced during your visit but have made certain to have the matter resolved and repaired.
We hope that despite these issues you had a pleasant stay, and I do look forward to be given the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice hotel with international services and specialized manpower.
The strong point is the convention center with functional rooms and very good catering and the magnificent view to the volcano in the city of Puebla. I was luck to stay during a period when the volcano was active.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a view to the volcano.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
GuillermoStankiewicz, Director General at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you very much for share your kind comments. We are very glad to know that your stay was a nice experience. Please don´t hesitate to contact us when you come back to Puebla to give you a room with beautiful view to the volcano.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Sometimes the automatic solicitation of a review might not be the best idea ever, I have stayed at this hotel at least 30 nights in the past year and have had middle of the road experiences, the last stay I had 3 days of requests to fix the TV, and moved rooms the last night after another chat with the front desk. The wireless is spotty at best, the front desk is very slow to check in and out, the lobby is very loud and if you get a room above it, very noisy. The rooms are clean and comfortable and fine overall from that standpoint. The food is OK, but there are so many options outside of the hotel, breakfast is the only thing to have there.

Room Tip: Nothing above the Lobby, way too noisy,,,,,
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
GuillermoStankiewicz, Director General at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you to take your time to share with us your comments. Allow me to inform you that immediate actions will be taken due to the fact that we have never before received such comments. We will be grateful for the opportunity to welcome you back, to present you the improvements made due to your valuable feedback.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This hotel attempts to appear as a luxury hotel and the building and the lobby are to that standard, but upon interacting with the staff at the front desk you will quickly realize that this hotel lacks the proper managment and training to give guests a profesional luxurious stay.

The front desk is full of young females who do not know how to use the computers/credit card machines, they do not know how to present themselves/greet their high paying guests. I have stayed in many high class and expensive hotels around the world, this place loses my vote as a 4 star or luxury hotel. I did not once see the manager, and I was not once asked by staff how my stay had been, mind you I stayed for 10 nights at a rate of around $175USD.

The business center in this hotel is ran by a young lazy rude female who would rather sit on her cell phone than help get your printed/copied papers out of the other room (guests do not have access to the room where the printer is) on various actions I had to have things printed, signed and scanned so I could send them to the US and this young woman constantly rolled her eyes upon asking for her help in retrieving my printed documents. If you plan to do business during your stay this hotel is not willing to help you.

The hotel rooms are average here not worth $175 USD nightly.

The only good part about this hotel is the restuarant staff, the bellhops and the cleaning staff. Apart from that this place needs a complete new front desk staff because they lack direction and training.

Stay elsewhere because you wont feel good about giving these people your money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Please receive my warmest greetings form Puebla. I really appreciate your detailed feedback, which helped us identify specifically areas of opportunity encountered during your stay.
I would like to offer you once again my most sincere apologies for the situations faced during your stay which caused you uncomfortable moments and the inadequate follow up provided on the incidents.
Allow me to assure you that immediate measures have been taken with the responsible managers to front desk and business center to avoid future discontents on these matters.
We truly hope to have the chance to welcome you back on a future occasion