“Value for money”

Presidente InterContinental Puebla
Ranked #13 of 100 Hotels in Puebla
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

It's was a good stay in Puebla. Clean rooms. Bathroom a little stuffy. Pillows are a bit hard, but for the price payed, a good value in general. Location is a bit far from attractions, but still good.

• Stayed: May 2013
GuillermoStankiewicz, Gerente at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing such positive comments, with all Trip Advisor followers. It is a pleasure to know that you were able to enjoy our room facilities and your stay in our city. It is always a pleasure to serve you; we hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a great hotel for the business traveler by having the privacy you need when staying on the Club Level with private dining for Breakfast.

The only negative is the main restaurant service is lacking the proper guest attention that is needed. On my last visit I did have one server that was excellent the first time in 4 years.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GuillermoStankiewicz, Director General at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Regarding the lack of service provided, we will make the proper changes in this area to prevent future discontents regarding this matter. We truly appreciate your comments and suggestions; and it will be a pleasure to have the opportunity to host you in a near future.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have stayed here in the past. Overall is a great property but this time customer service was not good at all. My servibar was locked and took one hour to unlock it. I was supposed to receive by email my invoice, three days after still have not received it even that I have call several times asking for it.
It is sad to have this service in a very nice hotel!

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GuillermoStankiewicz, Director General at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. I assure you that your comments will be taking in consideration to improve and provide all our guest the best quality service fulfilling their preferences and needs.. We all look forward to welcome you back and present you our improvements do to your valuable feedback.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights on a recent business trip to Puebla. The hotel was very clean and the hotel staff was very friendly. We stayed on the "club" level, and only utilized the included breakfast which was fine.

I would recommend this hotel for business travelers, or those who do not wish to walk around the town square. It is really too far to walk to the tourist areas or good restaurants. So if you are visiting on a vacation I might suggest another location. But if location is not important than the hotel would be an excellent choice.

The hotel does have a small pool in the center of the building, but I never saw anyone use it.

While the hotel staff were very friendly, I was a little disappointed in some of the wait staff at the two restaurants. They never did anything wrong, but were also not overly attentive or helpful. We did eat at both restaurants, and the food was very good at both.

Overall I was pleased with the hotel and certainly would stay again for business. If I were visiting on

Room Tip: The club level is on the third floor and is certainly worth the slight extra fee
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GuillermoStankiewicz, Gerente at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind experience at the Presidente Intercontinental Puebla. Your recommendation will be consider improving and exceeding our guest expectations. Please if you decide come back do not hesitate to ask to our concierge for our especial tours . We will be more than happy to welcome you back.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I decided to visit Puebla for approximately 5 days and were recommended to stay at the Presidente InterContinental. Our friends' recommendations couldn't have been better. This hotel is without a doubt the best place to stay at in Puebla. For starters it's just the right distance from Puebla so as not to feel overwhelmed by all the sounds and nightlife of the city center. Its only 5 minutes away from the center which makes it really easy to go back and forth from the city center to the hotel, making our visiti very comfortable. Its very quiet and peaceful. At the same time it has all the amenities you probably wouldn't find in a hotel in the center. It has a great pool where we are able to relax very comfortably. The pool was heated and it just felt like heaven after hours of walking around. There is also a great spa where we pampered ourselves. There is also a nive gym but we didn't use it very much. We're more of the gastronomical tourist type:)
Service was top-notch. Every detail was calculated. Our room was impeccable and any time i needed anything the service was happy to provide it. At one point i asked for some shaving equipment and they brought it to my room instantaneously. The maids were truly welcoming and happy to help.
Breakfast deserves a paragraph of its own because i haven't tasted anything that delicious in a long time. They had all types of options. Im a fan of mexican food and they had numerous options for my taste buds. The fruit was delicious. We live in Belgium so the fruit here tasted divine in comparison. They also had delicious mexican omelette and a sort of bean paste that i had every morning! I only wish i could take the breakfast buffet back home to brussels.
The restaurants in the hotel were very good as well. We ate in the italian restaurant one day and that was very well priced and of excellent quality.
I truly have no complaint whatsoever with regards to this hotel. I highly recommend it. And im quite picky when it comes to hotels..!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
GuillermoStankiewicz, Director General at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for your review and recommendations. I am very happy to know that your stay with us was great and enjoyable. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff quality service and food selection, I am sure that your tips are highly useful for our future guests. We will look forward to your next visit in Puebla. Best Regards

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Just spent 2 days (3/24-26) at this hotel staying at the "Club level" which included breakfast/snacks in the evening. It was chosen based on previous reviews and for it's on premise parking.

The room was just ok. Front door opened to a concrete wall with no view and the balcony faced an unattractive street with a large tin roofed building giving Zumba classes with loud music (on Sunday). The "split" air conditioner (same make as our's at home) did not function properly and we could never get the room temp comfortable (too warm). The room had only two hangers in the closet. When I called to request more, I got two white wire hangers from housekeeping handed to me!

When extra towels for the pool were requested for our grandchildren, it took 3 calls and almost 4 hours with a comment that "we would be happy to go get them" before they appeared.

Communication (not language) among employees is very poor. Several major errors in judgement and communications caused several very uncomfortable situations during our stay. I cannot in good faith to fellow readers recommend this as a pleasant stay.

Yes, the location is good, food OK, and building kept clean and presentable, but, unfortunately, it would take much more to bring me back again.

I

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JupiterAnn53
GuillermoStankiewicz, Director General at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with the Tripadvisor community.

We truly apologize for not having exceeded your expectations. Please rest assured that your feedback will be shared with all the departments involved in order to be addressed and improved.

We truly hope to have the chance to welcome you back on a future occasion. Regards

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Every time I have traveled to Puebla, the Presidente has always been my choice of hotels to stay. I have stayed at other but have found the Presidente to meet my every need. My only concern was the restaurant. It was not up to the standard I am use to and I felt overpriced. I did eat take dinner a couple of times at the more upscale restaurant and found it to my liking. My next visit, I plan to stay in one of the suites that the hotel has to offer.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
GuillermoStankiewicz, Director General at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share this review with all Trip advisor readers and for all the valuable comments you’ve provided in it. We hope to have the opportunity to server you in a near future