“Dark and noisy.... cold too” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel & Spa Hacienda Baruk
Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Zacatecas
Portland, Oregon
“Dark and noisy.... cold too”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2009

Made the reservation from your info on the internet, yet when we got there they had lost our reservation and to make up for it upgraded our room. They gave us a dark, noisy room which was cold..brrrr. Had a fancy bathroom with a marble bathtub but you couldn't keep the water warm in it.... my son ordered a late night snack from room service and he was deathly ill after, they had to call the doctor !!!!
Anyway, too far from it all and we didn't like it. Won't return here since there are better hotels closer to town.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2008

We suddenly had to travel to Canada from Puerto Vallarta (so we didn't have time to research and plan). We arrived there at the end of our driving day and just happened upon it. (It's strategically located near the junction of all the major highways: Guadalajara, Saltillo, Aguascalientes, etc.)

It worked out very well for our needs!

First, the rate was great. We paid 775 pesos/night. The room was a comfortable King. Everything worked for us (water pressure, A/C). And Internet access is free. (We travel with our laptop.)

Being as how we were exhausted we really appreciated the fact there was a restaurant onsite. And it was a good meal. We had steak, a couple of drinks, wine and the bill came to around 800 pesos. Great.

Breakfast (not included) was fine too. Service was also very good all round. And we could have had room service had we wished.

I noticed there was a well-equiped gym on site and a lovely-looking indoor pool which unfortunately we didn't get to use.

I'd recommend this hotel to any weary travellers without hesitation. But, I would suggest that if you're bothered by truck noise you ask for a room away from the Highway. We didn't really mind but trucks gearing down might be a bit annoying to some.

• Liked — Location, comfort, cleanliness, facilities
  • Disliked — Nothing really, except maybe the truck noise
  • Stayed April 2008
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank careyeroslib
seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2008

I was a little concerned after reading the reviews but the hotel wasn't really all that bad. It is up on a hill so far from downtown but the rooms themselves were nice. My room faced the highway and wasn't very noisy but being on the non road side would probably be suggested if your a light sleeper. I stayed two nites. AC works just fine. The rest food was fine, and the pool and the public areas were very nice. Its a two story hotel with friendly staff. I have no problems recommending this hotel with the exception of the distance to downtown and sights of Zacatecas.

• Liked — nice rooms
  • Disliked — distance from attractions
  • Stayed April 2008
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank davidgmg
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2005

I found this hotel on the internet. The pictures on the internet look nicer than it really is. On the internet the rooms look much brighter, it is just the opposite.
My husband, my son, and my grandson went to this hotel on July 8 thru the July 11.

Our personal experience was this, the room not to bad water pressure not good. For two days we would see roaches in the closet, the second day in the early morning hours, I saw a roach crawling in the bathroom floor The room was terribly hot for my husband and son. We did like the food, the food there was excellent. The service in the restaurant was good, including bar. When we exited the hotel on July 11 we told them of our complaints. We told them they need to put air condtioning in the rooms. They told us they are in the process of putting them on. Don't know if that is true.

Lastly the swimming pool is not to big, there is not enough seating near the pool. Something needs to be done about that!!!!

Don't consider going back unless they correct all of the above.

• Stayed July 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2003

We stayed in this hotel a few years ago and returned in November 2002.
In that time the hotel has gone downhill. There was no hot water and the sink leaked in our first room. In our second room there was no TV reception. I was afraid that I would get food poisoning in the restaurant. There was one poor man who was in his third room, just trying to get one that worked. A very disappointing hotel. I would not go back.

8 Thank Patricia151932

Travelers are raving about these Zacatecas hotels

Miami, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2003

I was very disappointed in this place. The pictures on the internet looked so nice, but I should know better than that. The bath towels that they gave us were so old, I wouldn't have cleaned my floor with them. The air conditioning didn't work well. The TV reception was in and out. It really ruined part of our trip for us. Plus, it is on the edge of Zacatecas, so if you don't have a car, it will be very inconvenient for you (although I think they have a shuttle).

• Stayed April 2003