“Great location, quiet”

Ranked #32 of 67 Hotels in Morelia
oregon
“Great location, quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I'm glad I stayed at the Mansion Mijashe. It isn't the fanciest place around and lacks a little character, but the location is great. Even more important for me, was the fact the rooms are located off the street and are very quiet. It has a small inner courtyard. The complimentary breakfast was good and the server was very attentive.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Albuquerque
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed about 12 days at this place. We always choose the same room, as we enjoy the location and the facility. It makes me feel I am at home! This is actually a home turned into a. Hotel boutique. I still do not know why it is a boutique, but that is how they advertise it.

The price is perfect and you get a breakfast included. The breakfast service is slow. The breakfast itself is average, so if you are in a hurry I will eat here otherwise eat elsewhere. The reception personnel are very friendly and if you need a taxi, they call,one for you or you can just go outside and many drive by. It is within walking distance to the cathedral, Los portables and many other cultural places.

For a very small fee, we would get our clothes cleaned daily and by the end of the day. Just make sure you ask if you can get the clothes back the same day.

Their pillows could improve...but I just asked for others and they were able to accommodate.

Enjoy! This is a small hidden jewel, it has a great location, is clean, and staff are very friendly. I will return.

Room Tip: I like them all!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Patricia C
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

We are frequent visitors to Morelia. Sometimes it's just an overnight stay, and sometimes it's for a week. I have used several of the large-chain hotels in town that are outside of the Historico Centro district, and they're ok for an overnight, but I prefer to stay near the Cathedral for longer stays. Our latest choice was this one, Mansion Mijashe. I booked it on Booking.com which I like, but sometimes it takes a while for the front desk to find the reservation. This has happened at several hotels I've used, and it was no different here. What was pleasant, Gabrial at the front desk bent over backwards to ensure the rooms we got were exactly what we reserved. The rooms have been upgraded and were very comfortable. I took one of the Grand Suites, room 501 and it is huge, perfect for a long stay. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom area was clean and had beautiful tile work. There was an issue with the hot water in this room while I was there, but the staff quickly remedied it, and went so far as to reduce the room rate for the inconvinience. The breakfast was included, made to order and delicious. I had it delivered to my room on one occasion at no additional charge. The location is about 3 blocks from the Cathedral, and off the main avenue, so the traffic noise is pretty much a non issue. The staff were outstanding! Their number one priority was to ensure we were satisfied in every way. I wish all hotels were as friendly and helpful as this one. I highly recommend this one! Oh, and the price was great too.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo