“The perfect stay, clean, welcoming and charming.”
Review of Casa Castillo

Casa Castillo
Ranked #17 of 49 Morelia B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and have to say it was outstanding. We were greeted by an exceptional owner who welcomed us in, alongside his 2 very friendly dogs and chirpy budgy.

The rooms were great. Bed was very comfy indeed and room was well decorated, spacious and clean. And the wifi was strong too. The shower was ddecent aswell, kitted with soap, shampoo and conditioner dispensers!

There is also a breakfast added, nice coffee, cereal, fruit, and bread. But should you wish to cook, a very nice kitchen is available to use. (Even a blender for fruit juice!)

Upstairs for you to use freely is a really charming roof terrace with views of the whole of Moreila. Its a lovely place to watch the sunset or to have a cheeky smoke at night.

The owner was very kind to us and helped book us an incredible tour of a volcanoe, a national park and a church. Throughout our stay he's been fantastic and I'd recommend this hotel to anybody wanting a good night sleep in a really nice place close to the city centre and all the attraction.

Matt and N.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank mattk2112

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a beautiful, clean hostel in right in the centre of Morelia. It is within walking distance to all the major attractions downtown. The owner is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet anywhere. He's very hospitable, welcoming and I was lucky enough to spend some time with him in the city. The private room I stayed in was very clean and comfortable. The shower had ample hot water. When I go back to Morelia one day, I will definitely return to my home in Morelia - Casa Castillo!

Room Tip: the private room on the top floor has a convenient access to the huge terrace where you can enjoy a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
aribraun, General Manager at Casa Castillo, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

thank you so much amigo for the exelent rating you gave us greetings

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I spent 4 days in this hostal after 1 day in Hotel Imperial in Morelia. I was surprised how nice and familiar this hostal was. Its
just a 10 minute walk away from the central plaza in a secure area of morelia. The house is big with wide open rooms and a beautiful teraza on the top - perfect to chill out after a long day. The owner cares a lot about his guests and tries to communicate with them. He studied internal design and you see that in how the hostel is designed inside: a lot of nice decoration create a familiar feeling and let you feel home to
this place.
The only thing I wished it was less strict was about the breakfast. You can only eat a precise number of poeces of bread but this is because of the cheap price of the stay.

I had wonderful days here in morelia because I had a home.
Thanks a lot

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Terrific location, midway between the two hubs of interest - the Aquaduct area and the Cathedral square. Ari is very helpful, speaks good English and is very chilled out. The casa is done up really well, and is everything the pictures make it out to be. The rooftop's a great place to hang out and enjoy a drink or two, and the dogs are very well-behaved.

If I had to present areas for improvement, I'd point to (i) the slightly austere breakfast and (ii) the fact that the bathroom in the room we stayed in - I think ours was the only room with a private bathroom - could do with a spot of renovation. Having said that, Ari did tell us we were welcome to use the other bathrooms on the floor which were quite new.

All up, good value for money. I'd definitely recommend Casa Castillo.

Room Tip: We had a room with a private bathroom and a big dome-like skylight in it. The bathroom was fairly ol...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dylan M
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I reached the hostel around midnight without a reservation and the I was made very welcome. The dorm was very well done. Beautiful, comfortable and with a balcony. The place was beautifully furnished and clean. The location is very central and it was a great experience staying there. I had originally intended to spend a night in Morelia and a night in Patzcuaro but I loved the place so much that I ended up staying two nights there and making a day trip to Patzcuaro. Thanks for the hospitality! Sumedha

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I whole heartedly agree with all the brilliant reviews of this hostel.
Impeccable taste, great position, super friendly owner.
I stayed in the dorm and was perfectly happy.

nice roof top to view the cathedral and fireworks.
also a kitchen available if you want to make your own meal.

all makes this the perfect option in Morelia!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
aribraun, Propietario at Casa Castillo, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Thank you very much for you coment here at Casa Castillo was a plasure to have you
Ary Braun

Reviewed June 6, 2012

This is one of the nicest hostels we have stayed in anywhere. We spent 7 nights here and found it to be very comfortable, super clean and enjoyable. The owner is a very nice person and very helpful to us in every way. The included breakfast is very complete and healthy with fresh brewed coffee, milk, cereal, juice, fresh fruit, bread, yogurt, etc. The kitchen is well equipped and very clean. Great location in the historical center of Morelia that is convenient to everything. The rooftop patio is a great place to view the lighted church bell towers at night or to relax at any time of day. Bottom line: good location, excellent included breakfast, free Wi-Fi, nice shared kitchen, clean throughout, good value.

Room Tip: We had a room with 2 double beds and private bathroom, the Tzintzuntzan room. The room has a large...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple