Alameda Centro Historico Hotel
$46
$48
$39
$38
Best Western Plus Gran Hotel Morelia(Morelia)(Great Value!)
$49
$32
TripAdvisor
$50
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgranolagreat locationstandard hotelpoints of interestbars and restaurantstamalesfirst floorhistoric buildingcable tvmain plazarooms are spaciousthe hotel staffhotel is locatedpatioheartfurniture
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I just spent 2 nights in Morelia at the Hotel Alameda.

The location is fantastic, right in the heart of the centro historico, steps away from the Plaza de Armas and the Cathedral.

Since it was a business trip for my wife, we didn't choose or pay for the hotel. So I was more lenient that I might have otherwise been.

The room we were given was in the rear of the hotel, on the ground floor. The room itself was pretty big, with enormously high ceilings with a huge chandelier and a giant painting hanging on the wall above the bed. It felt like we were in a castle. The furniture seemed like antique wooden bureaus.

But- there were no windows to the outside. When we turned the lights out, it was pitch black in there. Kinda scary. And I am used to waking up to natural light in the mornings, but not in this room. Black as the night in there, all day long.

And the TV (not that we watch much TV, but still) was a 20 year old relic, with a screen about maybe 20 inches.

There was a stand up shower, no tub, but no real complaints about the bathroom.

WIFI worked fine on my computer (PC) but my wifes Mac couldn't connect for some reason.

Free parking at the garage down the street, so that was good too. I just parked my car and left it until we left 2 days later.

The only real hiccup was at checkout. My wife wasn't sure how her company was handling the payment (usually she pays and they reimburse), so she paid with our card. Then she spoke to someone at the company and they said that they had sent payment also. It ended up taking about an hour to sort out and get the hotel to refund our card. Seems like it should have been pretty quick and easy to do, but for some reason they dragged it out.

Anyway, it also turned out to be pretty cheap (something like 593 pesos per night/$45 USD), so all things considered I guess it's a good deal. Probably fine if you don't spend much time in your room, or if it's a short trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank paxmaac
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in the brilliant city of Morelia. Situated right in the historic district. Pleasant staff, good food, next to plazas, churches, restaurants and gift shops. Rooms were simple but pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room away from main drag.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2013

nice hotel, pleasant staff, all fine for four nights but when we were checking out, we got screwed. we had booked through booking.com and upon arrival confirmed the total price--no problem. but alas, at checkout, staff indicated "a small detail" was that the last night cost more than the first three nights. we argued, pleaded, reminded them we had confirmed accuracy of letter at check-in, all to no avail. i strongly urge folks to think twice--no three times--before booking here. don't know if it is fraud or incompetence ( i suspect the latter) but the desk staff change the rules at the end of the game.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Decent hotel. I stayed three nights and liked it here. Breakfast buffet was decent. Location is excellent in the historic district. My only conplaint was when they set up teh breakfast buffet in the morning, they didn't seem aware of the fact that people might be sleeping at 530AM. It was the same thing every morning.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bankguy1961
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Unfortunately we only stayed here for one night and then transfered to a B & B which we had previously reserved for the subsequent three nights. Hotel Alameda has everything you could want in a hotel in Morelia: beside the plaza (portals in the centro historico), A/C, WIFI, immaculate rooms (modern / contemporary vs. traditional), Cable TV, helpful staff (English too), and valet parking for a nominal daily sum. The prices are different depending on how you book, but the range was only about a $15 USD difference, so no big deal. Value was excellent. Highly recommended, and far superior to where we ended up for the subsequent three nights (had booked with a deposit). When we return to Morelia we will definitely stay at Hotel Alameda.

Room Tip: King bed was offered at no extra charge.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple