“$30 overpriced”

Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Westchester County
“$30 overpriced”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

A pretty standard motel on the side of busy Route 1 in the Western Philadelphia suburbs, the Days in offers a lot of parking, very small, clean-ish rooms and not much else. Basically, the place you stay when you are staying for 12 hours overnight on your way to someplace more substantial. At $130 the price seemed about $30 too high compared to better area properties. In short, try the Comfort Inn in West Chester, PA on 202 at 20-25% less for a better experience.

Room Tip: Somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
OAK BROOK
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The price for staying here was right but it is frustrating when anemities that are listed are not really the case. Having a breakfast option that starts at 8:00 AM does not help much for someone that is staying at the hotel on business. Rather the staff referred me to a diner down the street. And when I tried to use the treadmill, it was not working.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Springfield - Delaware County hotels

PROSPECT HEIGHTS
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Great hotel and great stuff. Love the location and personell. Rooms are ok, I just miss the refrigirator in the rooms

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Saint Augustine, Florida
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The room was very clean and the service I received was very good also. It was easy to get to and had no problem with parking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was our second stay this year at the Days Inn Springfield. Once again, we can say that we were very pleased with the staff and the front desk manager was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and affordable, and are only a short distance drive from the airport and city. This is a wonderful, safe, affordable place to stay when visiting Philadelphia.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Centralia, Illinois
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The room was a little small but very clean. Overall a good stay. Very friendly and helpfull staff. when we had trouble with the safe the owner came from home to fix it.He was there within an hour. I was having surgery the next day and my medication was in the safe it was great to have the owner himself come out on a sunday night to help.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
delco,pa
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is an update from when I made a review last year here.

Since then I have stayed here about 4-5 times.

There were many things good and many things not good .Since my last review,not much as changed.

They seem to be less stingy with towels( they are really thin so you need a lot)- After searching the reviews here I see others complained too so perhaps they actually listened..
That’s good!.

But one thing I have noticed which is NOT good.

The rugs are brown with a pattern .When I first checked in I took my shoes off and walked around the room for literally 20 seconds before taking them off and getting into the shower… the only times I put my socks back on was to get dressed and leave.
In that short amount of time the bottom of my white socks were dark brown/ black from dirt that was on the rug,

The rest of the time I was in the room I was either in shoes, or bare feet.

They same thing happened a month earlier in a different room. And I think it happened before that too. For a minute I thought I was dreaming( maybe they were already dirty, but no.I took a white towel an i rubbed it on the floor for 1 second and the towel turned brown.I rubbed it for 5 seconds and it turned dark brown. I rubbed for a few more seconds and it turned black!

We were both VERY disgusted after seeing this! I can only imagine the germs that’s in the rug! Its just very unsanitary. The health inspector should check these rugs out,In fact,we are thinking of contacting them before someone( or someones child) gets sick.

My gf had white socks too. and she insisted they were clean before. Her soles were also black

I have been in many different hotel rooms in many different cities. This was the first time something like this ever happened.

Days inn? You really really NEED to either clear your rugs or get new ones! When was the last time these rugs were cleaned? Never?

If anyone doesn’t believe me, go walk around with clean white cotton socks for under 20 seconds( or even do the same test I did, take a white washcloth and rub it on ANY part of the rug in your room. The results will be the same. . \

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
The Inn at Swarthmore
The Inn at Swarthmore
#1 of 1 in Swarthmore
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.

Been to Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport? Share your experiences!