“Fits the bill perfectly!”

Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I had to stay at the days inn due to an airline error but it was a great stay...clean room that had everything I needed but was a bit small. Good restaurant/bar on site plus a few shops and places to eat nearby in walking distance. All staff were pleasant and professional.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed July 20, 2012

If you're stranded in Philly due to airline glitches and poor weather forecasts, as many of us were last week, you might as well stay here, but next time I'll find a place with more reliable and responsible airport shuttle service. The hotel told us it would be 30 minutes till the shuttle got us at the airport. Thirty minutes came and went. The shuttle flew by us as the driver yelled out, "full, next time!" The next time was over another halfhour later. He yelled, "Get in quick!" As he stopped at two more terminals, he crammed in another 6 passengers when there were only 3 seats left. One of the passengers was an elderly lady, and one was a girl under six. No seat belts and he literally squeezed them in. I consider this gross misconduct, but the manager didn't seem to question it when 10 people suddenly fell out of the van and piled into a lobby. Then we waited for over 30 minutes for the clerk to check in the 3 people in front of us. This seemed ridiculous, especially given that there was another employee on duty.

The room was clean, there was coffee, and the van that took us to the airport left on time with a legal number of occupants.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2012

A nice place to stay not much "excitement" in the surrounding area,excellent diner near by you can walk to

Room Tip: the lower rooms seem to bye more assessable
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This was our second stay at this Days Inn. We stayed here in 2010, on our way to the airport, had a great stay and again April 1, 2012 on a second trip to the airport.

The gentleman that checked us in was great, pleasant, very helpful and accomodating.
The young lady in the morning was just as helpful. We utilized the hotel van to the airport, and were reassured that they would try and keep an eye on our car parked in the lot. Fee for parking it was minimual.

Will continue to stay here. Room was very clean.

Room Tip: The Springfield Dinner that has been opened just about a year, just up the road is outstanding. Gre...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This past weekend we stayed at the Days Inn in Springfield, PA. We needed a hotel close to West Chester, PA, but because the Days Inn in West Chester was closed for renovations, we opted to stay here based on recommendations from Trip Advisor. We thought it would be ok for one night and, we were pleasantly surprised considering the Days Inn chain is a low budget motel.

Upon checking in, the motel staff was very accommodating. The room had recently been renovated with new counter tops in the bathroom, new carpeting in the bedroom and new tile in the bathroom. The room was smaller than anticipated but well maintained. No extra amenities only soap, shampoo and hair conditioner. There was a hair dryer in the room but very low-end and needed to be rebooted before I could finish drying my hair. Unfortunately for me, the bed was very uncomfortable. I’m sure the mattresses were not top-of-the-line. The motel was in a good location only a few miles from the Springfield Mall and easy access to the freeway.

Considering the price and the reason for the stay, we were very pleased with our choice.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank azallie
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The room you get arent the ones in the picture and the service was like shopping in the ghetto. They treat you like you are an inmate. The management is even worse.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank CrookedIGuy
daysspringfield, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Sir, the room you booked with us was a standard king size room. All of our rooms are viewable online. When you asked my staff about the Suite with a whirlpool tub they did inform you it was in fact one of our suites and was just a different rate. The room was open that night and you would have been welcome to change rooms if you preferred.

The comments about "treating you like an inmate" & "management being worse"; I am not sure how it is you felt treated like an inmate because my staff took you towels when you asked and answered all of your questions. Also, my staff made mention when you inquired about the suite that you were nice and friendly about it, so I don't understand where the disgust comes from.

No one in management has spoken with you so I apologize if you are assuming you had. Again, no one is ever forced to stay in a room. I wouldn't work for a property that doesn't treat people kindly and with respect.

We are well aware things will go wrong at times but that doesn't mean as a business you throw your hands up in the air and give up or don't appropriately take care of someone dissatisfied. What I don't understand is why you seemingly made no attempt to let us know, so we CAN help you. It is our mission to do so, all you have to do is let us.

Regards,

Lori Terry
FOM

Reviewed February 9, 2012

They didnt have the room my g/f and I reserved. We didn't think this at the time but luckily the girl at the front desk was lazy and wouldn extend our stay and told us to do it online.(I'm glad she did that because they don't give refunds and I wouldn't of wanted to stay longer) The rats in the ceiling kept us up all night and I'm sure contributed to the nightmares we had. The room was intensly dirty. I never walked around without something on my feet. There was black stuff all over the toilet and hair in the tub. We ended up cleaning the bathroom oursleves. The corners of the room had a thick layer of gross. There was semen or hand lotion on the curtains. Some guy was screaming obsenties at people over the phone all day into the night starting around 9am and ending around 12am. Definitly won't be staying here again. Try the best western in concordville its only like 10 bucks more and is way worth it.

Room Tip: The only place in this area of PA I have enjoyed is the best western in concordville. I"ve been...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
The Inn at Swarthmore
#1 of 1 in Swarthmore
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.

Been to Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport? Share your experiences!