“NIce, with a great bar restaurant”

Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nice clean hotel, shopping mall near interstate. Great bar & restaurant (open late) with live music attached to hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 21, 2011

I was in Philadelphia for a two week work in from July till Aug. The staff are friendly and helpful. Room was clean and nice. Free parking and Wi-Fi. The location is in the vicinity of all shopping malls and restaurants. I would definitely stay in Daysinn again the next time to Philadelphia.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We were put here by the airline after we missed our flight back. Not a good start, but the people at the hotel were very friendly. There are vending machines in which you can also find toothbrushes etc. (this is very handy if you are separated from your luggage)

The room was clean and quite large for these type of hotel. Shuttle back to the airport was very friendly also.

Very decent place to stay if you need to stay near the airport.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed here because of its proximity to Swarthmore, and it worked well for that. While quite small and dated, the room was adequately clean and comfortable, the internet worked OK, water pressure was decent. We found the desk staff extremely friendly. Lots of food choices nearby (including a Jimmy's for cheesesteaks), though the Village Porch seems to be long gone.

Besides the room size, the only other cons were: (1) the lamps near the beds stopped working after an hour or so; (2) kitchen staff hanging out near the rooms detracted a bit from the ambiance, as did an older woman who was sitting outside near the office trying too hard to be friendly with everyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I was in town and i decided to stay here with my girlfriend

We got the room with a queen size bed.$99

Ok on the plus side:

For starters, the room was clean.I wouldn’t say it was very clean though. Bathroom, sink and Toilet were all spotless he bed was comfortable with nice clean sheets. No springs, with decent firmness. The TV was standard CRT screen, but still pretty good. The room contained semi modern furniture/design( Cherry wood end tables, bed backboard, desk
etc ).It looked nice.Room has a nice clean chair. The air conditioner worked well. Bathroom fixtures worked with no leaks or tightness. Contained a pleasant smelling
shampoo. Room accepts AAA discount. has Free Wi-Fi access.

Ok.On the downside:

Although the room was clean it was quite small.( less than 2/3s the size of the average hotel room) as was the bathroom.They were VERY stingy and paranoid with the towels. I like to use alot..When we checked in,I asked for a few extra towels
The lady behind the desk said "sure" .She goes into a room near the front desk where you can see a MOUNTAIN of towels sitting there on shelves.When she came out . She said in a VERY patronizing and serious tone "I can give you TWO towels..."My girlfriend and I just looked at each other..She should have asked us "Is TWO okay"She didnt.

Although the bed and sheets were clean, the comforter looked very thin and cheap looking .The room had no DVD player or microwave. The ice bucket was a VERY CHEAP paper thin plastic kind( gee guys ever heard of metal?).Despite having 4 lights plus the sink/bathroom area lighting. the room was poorly lit. Although the shampoo was nice, there was no conditioner bottles there( and my girlfriend needed it( as most women do)The shower water pressure wasn’t very good.

We brought a laptop to try to use the internet while staying there- But it required a login...They never said it needed a username and password. I tried to call the lobby. No dial tone on the phone. the phone wire was hanging halk plugged in in wall jack. when i reconnected it. the phone acted funny . It had a semi dial tone.Tried to call front desk. 4 times. Each time they couldn’t hear me we kept saying to each other
"Hello?!” The phone seemed to be broken. So I had to get all my clothes back on and go back to the front desk to ask about the Wi-Fi, WHen i got to the front desk, she explained The username + password were on paper key covers, I was saying to myself” what the heck? Does anyone ever look at those things? How could we have guessed it would be there???- Why didn’t they mention it during check in like everyone else does???"
I standing there also asked for 2 more towels a different woman said "ok". When she came out of the closet room she asked me what room I was in...When I told her the room... she said "Ok let me write that down.....”. Apparently they keep track of every single cheap dollar store towel they give you! So stingy and cheap!Afraid of getting it stolen or something???

I give it 3 stars ONLY because the room was clean with a pretty good bed -- but i am being generous.

The way the phone didnt work, plus the stinginess with towels and not informing us at the front desk about the username and password for the Wi-Fi kinda ruined it.

Still I might stay there one day-As long as I don’t expect too much.

Recommended if you want only a fairly cheap and clean room with a good bed ONLY.

Not recommended for some place with reliable technology and good service or need a pretty good shower experience, or if you are claustrophobic.

Its a coin toss. its a good thing this room was relatively cheap for weekend rates...I stayed at a hotel in Philly for 50 dollars extra and got way better service, amenities ( including a fridge,conditioner, bigger bed, a bigger bath, a WAY bigger room. and they weren’t cheap with the towels like the Days Inn was ( they delivered exactly how many we needed to the room when we called up and asked for more) and ...they had everything working!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank matfromdelco
Reviewed April 8, 2011

We were put here by the airline after our flight was cancelled and our bags were lost - not a good start!

The rooms were comfortable and clean with everything you'd expect.

The staff were exceptionally helpful, especially Parker at reception.

The service at the cafe next door wasn't so good, but there are alternatives not too far away if you want.

We wouldn't have chosen to come here, but it was certainly the best that we could have got out of a bad situation and if we were in town again I wouldn't hesitate to book in.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Stopped here on my return home from a trip to New Jersey with the intent of cashing in a Wyndham Reward night. Checked with the front desk clerk, a friendly lady whose name escapes me, who told me those have to be reserved online and they can't take walk-ups for reward nights. She told me she had one room left of the type I wanted (ground floor non-smoking) so I asked her to hold it for me and I whipped out my trusty iPad and made a reservation online. In about 15 minutes it showed up in their system at the front desk and i was in.

The room itself was very small but immaculately clean and quite comfortable. Good wi-fi service. Parked right outside my door and the lot was very well lit. There is a bar and lounge on the premises and a number of vehicles left the parking lot as it got later in the evening, so even though it appeared that parking would be a problem when I first arrived, that ended up not being the case at all.

The hotel apparently bills itself as a place for Philly airport customers to stay, as they have a shuttle service to the airport and the location appears prominently in their promotional materials. It's located in a pretty busy shopping area on Baltimore Pike (in fact, there is a Best Buy right next door) but fast food choices are minimal in the immediate area. All I saw were a Chic-fil-A and a Burger King, although a nearby BBQ joint got good recommendations.

No free breakfast, probably because of the adjoining restaurant, and the shower water pressure could have been a bit stronger, but neither were overly negative concerns. The next morning I was out and on my way with a minimum of hassle.

Not sure of the rate because my night's stay was free, but it was a nice enough property that I would not think twice about using it again should I be on the south side of the Philadelphia area, near the airport.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
The Inn at Swarthmore
#1 of 1 in Swarthmore
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.

Been to Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport? Share your experiences!