“Mixed feelings about my stay”

Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I was in town and i decided to stay here with my girlfriend

We got the room with a queen size bed.$99

Ok on the plus side:

For starters, the room was clean.I wouldn’t say it was very clean though. Bathroom, sink and Toilet were all spotless he bed was comfortable with nice clean sheets. No springs, with decent firmness. The TV was standard CRT screen, but still pretty good. The room contained semi modern furniture/design( Cherry wood end tables, bed backboard, desk
etc ).It looked nice.Room has a nice clean chair. The air conditioner worked well. Bathroom fixtures worked with no leaks or tightness. Contained a pleasant smelling
shampoo. Room accepts AAA discount. has Free Wi-Fi access.

Ok.On the downside:

Although the room was clean it was quite small.( less than 2/3s the size of the average hotel room) as was the bathroom.They were VERY stingy and paranoid with the towels. I like to use alot..When we checked in,I asked for a few extra towels
The lady behind the desk said "sure" .She goes into a room near the front desk where you can see a MOUNTAIN of towels sitting there on shelves.When she came out . She said in a VERY patronizing and serious tone "I can give you TWO towels..."My girlfriend and I just looked at each other..She should have asked us "Is TWO okay"She didnt.

Although the bed and sheets were clean, the comforter looked very thin and cheap looking .The room had no DVD player or microwave. The ice bucket was a VERY CHEAP paper thin plastic kind( gee guys ever heard of metal?).Despite having 4 lights plus the sink/bathroom area lighting. the room was poorly lit. Although the shampoo was nice, there was no conditioner bottles there( and my girlfriend needed it( as most women do)The shower water pressure wasn’t very good.

We brought a laptop to try to use the internet while staying there- But it required a login...They never said it needed a username and password. I tried to call the lobby. No dial tone on the phone. the phone wire was hanging halk plugged in in wall jack. when i reconnected it. the phone acted funny . It had a semi dial tone.Tried to call front desk. 4 times. Each time they couldn’t hear me we kept saying to each other
"Hello?!” The phone seemed to be broken. So I had to get all my clothes back on and go back to the front desk to ask about the Wi-Fi, WHen i got to the front desk, she explained The username + password were on paper key covers, I was saying to myself” what the heck? Does anyone ever look at those things? How could we have guessed it would be there???- Why didn’t they mention it during check in like everyone else does???"
I standing there also asked for 2 more towels a different woman said "ok". When she came out of the closet room she asked me what room I was in...When I told her the room... she said "Ok let me write that down.....”. Apparently they keep track of every single cheap dollar store towel they give you! So stingy and cheap!Afraid of getting it stolen or something???

I give it 3 stars ONLY because the room was clean with a pretty good bed -- but i am being generous.

The way the phone didnt work, plus the stinginess with towels and not informing us at the front desk about the username and password for the Wi-Fi kinda ruined it.

Still I might stay there one day-As long as I don’t expect too much.

Recommended if you want only a fairly cheap and clean room with a good bed ONLY.

Not recommended for some place with reliable technology and good service or need a pretty good shower experience, or if you are claustrophobic.

Its a coin toss. its a good thing this room was relatively cheap for weekend rates...I stayed at a hotel in Philly for 50 dollars extra and got way better service, amenities ( including a fridge,conditioner, bigger bed, a bigger bath, a WAY bigger room. and they weren’t cheap with the towels like the Days Inn was ( they delivered exactly how many we needed to the room when we called up and asked for more) and ...they had everything working!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank matfromdelco

Reviewed April 8, 2011

We were put here by the airline after our flight was cancelled and our bags were lost - not a good start!

The rooms were comfortable and clean with everything you'd expect.

The staff were exceptionally helpful, especially Parker at reception.

The service at the cafe next door wasn't so good, but there are alternatives not too far away if you want.

We wouldn't have chosen to come here, but it was certainly the best that we could have got out of a bad situation and if we were in town again I wouldn't hesitate to book in.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Stopped here on my return home from a trip to New Jersey with the intent of cashing in a Wyndham Reward night. Checked with the front desk clerk, a friendly lady whose name escapes me, who told me those have to be reserved online and they can't take walk-ups for reward nights. She told me she had one room left of the type I wanted (ground floor non-smoking) so I asked her to hold it for me and I whipped out my trusty iPad and made a reservation online. In about 15 minutes it showed up in their system at the front desk and i was in.

The room itself was very small but immaculately clean and quite comfortable. Good wi-fi service. Parked right outside my door and the lot was very well lit. There is a bar and lounge on the premises and a number of vehicles left the parking lot as it got later in the evening, so even though it appeared that parking would be a problem when I first arrived, that ended up not being the case at all.

The hotel apparently bills itself as a place for Philly airport customers to stay, as they have a shuttle service to the airport and the location appears prominently in their promotional materials. It's located in a pretty busy shopping area on Baltimore Pike (in fact, there is a Best Buy right next door) but fast food choices are minimal in the immediate area. All I saw were a Chic-fil-A and a Burger King, although a nearby BBQ joint got good recommendations.

No free breakfast, probably because of the adjoining restaurant, and the shower water pressure could have been a bit stronger, but neither were overly negative concerns. The next morning I was out and on my way with a minimum of hassle.

Not sure of the rate because my night's stay was free, but it was a nice enough property that I would not think twice about using it again should I be on the south side of the Philadelphia area, near the airport.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I had made the reservation well in advance. I called from the airport to confirm when I was told that there was no reservation under my name. I pulled out my paperwork and gave them a confirmation # and then after about 5 minutes they "found " it. When we got there they put us in a room above the employee entrance for a restaurant. There were people sitting on the steps & smoking all day and the area was trashy (mops, buckets of water, trash can). We didn't expect much in the first place but we at least thought we'd get a basic, no frills room and a good night s sleep. WRONG! When it was time to go to bed (about 10PM) I couldn't because there was loud music and vibrations. I called the front desk to ask what was going on and was told that at night the space underneath us was a karaoke bar!!!!!! The music wasn't going to stop and there was no other room we could move to. The person at the front desk told me that they don't usually put people in that room...and that is when I realized that they only put us there when I gave them a confirmation # and they figured out they lost my original reservation. The next day they moved us but by then I was so grouchy I was seeing red. I had to come back to the room early while my husband stayed visiting my daughter because I was so tired that I needed a nap. I'm only 42!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lolaisabelle
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I stayed at the Days Inn just for one night, on the way home from a trip. The location was easy to find. Check in and out was quick and the front desk staff was friendly. The motel is located near some shopping plazas and restaurants. There is a restaurant attached to the front lobby. The room was a good size and I appreciated the free wifi and lots of TV channels. The condition of the room is a little worn but it was fine for the one night.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I stayed here for our cousins wedding in Philly. We brought our two young children(6 months and 2 years) and all four of us roomed at the Days Inn. I called a week before our stay to confirm our reservation and request a crib for the room. The girl who answered the phone was very pleasant and took the request...she also asked if we had booked the double room with a smoking preference. I said, no I said non-smoking. She graciously changed it, and thankfully we didn't get stuck in a stinky room!

Upon arrival I was greeted by an equally friendly hotel clerk(same girl?) We were very early but she didn't hesitate to check us in. She did say our room wasn't cleaned yet so if we could wait 30 minutes it would be taken care of next. She got on the phone with housekeeping to ensure our room and crib would be ready. Thirty minutes or so later our room was all set, and we set about unpacking. It was a small room for the four of us, but otherwise it was perfectly accomodating. The crib was set up and ready to go, our room was fresh and clean. We had parking right outside our door which made getting in and out with kids a breeze.

The rooms were just ok, but the customer service made our stay. They don't offer a breakfast with the room, but you do get 10% off the in-house restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Jannica
Reviewed September 3, 2010

The rooms were fine. The staff was friendly. The beds were comfortable. The tub was somewhat slow to drain. We brought it to the attention of the front desk at checkout the next morning, and they seemed receptive. The hotel is located on the Baltimore Pike - a road with many restaurants and fast food places. It was convenient for finding places to eat.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
DaysInnSpringfieldPa, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience here on Tripadvisor. We know travelers, like yourself, look to this site for up to date information and feedback. We value our guests and are always pleased to hear that they had a great stay with us. Thank you on behalf of the staff of the Days Inn Springfield, Pa. We hope to serve you again in the future!!

Regards,

Airport Waterfront Inn
Airport Waterfront Inn
#6 of 7 in Essington
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport

Been to Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport? Share your experiences!