“Yummy vietnamese food”
Review of Pho Street

Pho Street
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Description: At Pho Street, we are determined to bringing you delicious and authentic Vietnamese cuisine. We use the freshest ingredients, carefully selected for their unique flavors that complement our aromatic dishes. Our extensive menu features classic favorites including Pho (flat rice noodles), Bun (vermicelli), and Com (broken rice) as well as Mi (egg noodle). Visit us and awaken your taste buds.
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Keep in mind it is closed on Tuesdays but it is open on Mondays. Located in a former diner, the atmosphere is lacking but the food more than makes up for it. We enjoyed the summer rolls, wonton soup, beef with lemon grass( very spicy but good), pork vermicelli bowl--it is huge at dinner time! both the summer roll and the vermicelli bowl had fresh mint in them which I had not had before but really liked. Service was prompt and polite. We will definitely return. FYI, Handicapped parking and access is in front

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed August 19, 2018

After an earlier experience, my wife and I tried them again. Lots of improvement, mostly in the staff. The restaurant is still the large, well set, and clean setting. I'm always surprised at how sparsely occupied it is. They have lots of room and many tables and booths. The place is well lit and meticulously clean. On this trip the staff spoke good English and were eager to serve. No complaints there.
The menu is large and varied. Of course, it shows the power of taking a handful of ingredients and combining and recombining them into a variety of taste experiences. I calculated 130 menu entries (I might be off a little) made up of a variety of ingredients. For example there are 11 Beef Noodle Soups (Pho) with different combinations of meats and chicken/Pork/Shrimp (Hu Tie/i) and two meatless, one plain and one with tofu. Further variety is offered with some soups also served with spicy ingredients.
The same sort of thing happens with rice based, vermicelli (Bun), and with Stir Fried Toppings (Bun Xao). There is also Broken Rice Platters, Fine Rice Vermicelli, Fried Rice, Vietnamese Hoagies (?), and beverages and smoothies. and two simple desserts.
Frankly, with such variety and very large portions, I doubt much dessert is served (but it's just ice cream and an ice. No problem with the menu!
Service was fast, crisp, and not pushy. Water was kept filled with no "begging." Instead of the common lemon (I don't like) there was a slice of lime (much better). No complaint on service.
There is a short wait for the food, I suppose because most dishes are made up to order. Only a couple of items seemed to be ready (or close) to go, and came out promptly. The main entree was a somewhat longer wait than most restaurants (except the very finest or the most badly run. Not a real problem.
The food is both novel to us and delicious. Simple looking, but flavorful with subtle mixtures of tastes. There were two sauces (along with the normal Asian bottled stuff like soy sauce), one of which was slightly spicy. I really liked the food and want to go back and try lots of things I saw on the menu.
Specifics: My wife got wonton soup (with four dumplings) which she reported was different and good as anything she has had in other places. I had crispy, fried tofu which I dipped in savory sauce. Wonderful. I could not eat it all.
Main dishes were a broken rice platter with grilled shrimp, and an eye-round and flank steak pho. Both were plentiful and super tasty. My wife's sauce was a savory sweet sauce, which she liked.
At the end, I had a full portion of soup left. I abandoned half of my serving of tofu and left a bit of bean sprouts behind, but took all the soup for another meal at home.
This place deserves to be packed on a Saturday evening for dinner. It might be on a brunch period, I don't know. They have handicapped parking area with its own entry door, no steps, and a large parking lot in the back with stairs into the restaurant.
For diners who have never had Vietnamese foods, this is a great place to start. For those looking for what they remember as Vietnamese, I think this is it. Their food was as good as I got on the West Coast (L.A.). I'm glad I live so close.
Cost? Not out of reach. For two persons with food to spare for later I'd say $30 is a bargain in today's market. Ours was $31.10 including tax.
Pho Street lists two other locations in Philadelphia and Bryn Mawr.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend’s family is Vietnamese/Chinese. So when they said let’s go to pho street I think was expecting pretty good good. And I think if you know what to order it can be. I ordered lemongrass chicken and it was so dry I couldn’t stomach it. There were other dishes that were apparently not good since they ordered in Vietnamese I can’t tell you what they were.

The one I hear was good was pork chops.
Everything else was either not good or meh.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Skip the Chinese in this area and go here. Great Bun and spring roles. Great service and great take out. Loved it!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed August 30, 2017

Pho Street has been around for a few years now but realized I never reviewed it. My wife and I like Vietnamese Pho (beef broth soup with rice noodles and meat etc) and the crispy spring rolls. We used to have to go to Upper Darby, PA (Philly suburb) or Philly itself for good Vietnamese cuisine. Now we have it close to home.

We went last night for dinner and as usual it was very good. Yes, we had the Deluxe Pho Noodle Soup (Deluxe Pho – Pho Dac Biet
Eye-round steak, flank steak, brisket, soft tendon, tripe, and beef meatballs) that is really enough for two so we share it along. We also each had an order of the spring rolls (Vietnamese Crispy Spring Rolls – Cha Gio (2)
Marinated ground pork, shrimp, clear vermicelli, yellow onions, carrots, and taro hand-rolled into crispy spring rolls; with our house special savory sweet sauce, green leaf lettuce, mint, cilantro, and pickled carrots and daikon.)

Very good and very reasonable! The bill, before tip, was $20 and change. They have no liquor license but you can BYO.

The food, in my opinion, is five star for casual Vietnamese. The interior could just sparkle a little more. Don't get me wrong...its clean...but could use a bit more ambiance. But, then again, it would probably add to the cost of the food.

Date of visit: August 2017