“I'd stay here again”
Review of Parkway Inn

Parkway Inn
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Everything was excellent given the budget nature of the hotel. Cable tv and internet access were quite good. A/C worked very well (very cold to me, the person sleeping right next to it). My only complaint was that they didn't have orange juice for breakfast (something ike Tang instead). Good location for what we were doing (college touriing) and price was very reasonable (for the Philly metro area). I have no problem recommending this to the budget minded traveler.
Be aware that all rooms are first floor - motel; you park right in front of your room.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
springes3, Webmaster at Parkway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind and positive comments on your stay with us and trust that you will visit us again the next time you are in the area. We try to give good value to our visitors and to offer them clean and economical accommodation.

We have noted your comments on the orange juice and taken steps to rectify the omission and trust that the air conditioning was not too cold for you. Thank you once more for your kind comments and recommendation.

There are newer reviews for Parkway Inn

Reviewed June 15, 2010

Not up to par.

I would like to preface this review with the following compliment.

The location. For what was needed, it was great. That was the plus and ONLY plus to this inn.

I do not travel much, but when I do it is for comfort and affordability. But no matter a price point a hotel offers, it should not skimp on things that are vitally important to the traveler who stays with them. I will give you an example.

1. People who understand basic customer service and who know how to apply it.
2. Standing behind the services they offer. There are some exceptions to this, of course.

I will begin by stating that I was not the one who booked this room, it was a friend of mine. She was the one who paid for the stay, and frankly she should get her money back. She based her choice on two factors:

1. A airport shuttle ( which they state they have when you call them).
2. The reviews she read here, prior to making her reservations.

All of the reasons she chose this inn were, basically, made under false pretenses. She was told that there was a airport shuttle, which there is not. There is, however, a shuttle van; with no driver. So I had to pay $40 US to get to the airport. The rooms, although decently furnished, was in desperate need of a deep cleaning, as was the carpet. The air conditioners in the room were sub-par and the breakfast, if you want to call it that, is really; well lets just say I went across the street to eat at the restaurant there and was very satisfied.

Overall, if I had paid $10-$20 US more, I could have stayed across the street, which it turns out has a airport shuttle. The money saved with the room rate was spent on breakfast across the way and on the cab that I had to call to take me back to the airport.

All of that would not have left a bad taste in my mouth, nor hers’ had the people who ran the inn were more respectable and dare I say, intelligible. Especially when they were faced with issue of not having something that they advertised that they do; the airport shuttle. They should have paid for a cab or some other form of transportation.

The reviews that she read, and I read after I checked in, were not accurate for the place that we stayed at.

Hopefully this will help the next traveler who happens to stumble upon this place.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Janett055

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the comments you made on your recent stay and are disappointed that you experienced the following problems:

a) No airport shuttle
b) Poor cleanliness in your room.
c) Poor standard of breakfast.

Most of our guests are happy with their stay and provide us with good reviews, but we have looked into your complaints and have taken the following steps to prevent a recurrence:

a) We are investigating the matter of the airport shuttle with which there appears to have been some problem on the date of your stay.

b) We normally maintain a high standard of cleanliness in guest rooms and have provided our maids with further training on maintaining that standard.

c) Our breakfasts are normally good, and our staff has once again been retrained and reminded of what is expected of them.

Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention. Thank you also for your kind comments on our location, and trust that you will find a significant improvement on the above matters when next you decide to stay with us.

Reviewed June 14, 2010

Quite impressed with the service and room quality. The breakfast was fine, and the staff were a pleasant lot. The shuttle to the airport was something they could add to their priorities.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2010

absolutely fantastic.

can’t say enough. excellent excellent excellent. value for money, great service, location, everything.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I really recomend this hotel to other people. This happens to be my 4th stay at this hotel not just because its convienent to the airport but for many other reasons as well. Their are many reasons why i would reccomend this hotel to other people. One of those reasons is because of the great service, courtioues employess who were ready to help me anytime i needed it; they told me about everything from the time breakfast started, to how to get to my room, needed any help with the luggage, told me about any good places to eat nearby, and anything i would need to know about the area. Another thing that was good about this hotel was that it had free parkin. One of my four stays i had to go visit my family member i happened to leave my car outside for 5 days and when i came back to pick it up nothing happend to it, i saw it the way i left it. Those were some of the many reasons why i really beleive this hotel to other people if they decide to come in this area and need a place to stay this would be the place to stay!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I enjoy staying at this Rodeway Inn. The staff is very pleasant and they go out of their way to make certain all my needs are met. The rooms are very clean and welcoming. The location is fantastic you have great and easy access to all major roads. I would highly reccommend this hotel. I have stayed now 3 weeks and will not look for another spot.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2010

The overall accomodation was very good. I like the location around the main street called GOLDEN MILE. I believe the price and quality goes hand. The restaurants and and other important facilities, all in walking distance. The pharmacy next door is open 24 hours where I went to get medicine for my sick son. Many many thanks to the staff, really helpful and co-operative. He walked me to the pharmacy. Hard to find reasonable price clean hotels with all amenities including but not limited to business center and fitness center WORKS. Breakfast was satisfactory. NO DISSAPOINTMENT.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Avi_Sar_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield - Delaware County
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl ...
#1 of 2 in Springfield - Delaware County
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield
The Inn at Swarthmore
The Inn at Swarthmore
#1 of 1 in Swarthmore
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport

Been to Parkway Inn? Share your experiences!