“Wonderful stay!!! This is my second...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Parkway Inn

and 1 more site!
Parkway Inn
New Jersey
“Wonderful stay!!! This is my second...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2010

Wonderful stay!!!

This is my second time coming to this hotel, and the service is great as always. Last time I was here with my business colleagues, the service was awesome. So I decided to visit this place again with my family on spring break.

The workers and the owner are great and friendly. The rooms are comfy and quite. With wifi facility, I can do my work. Overall, the place is great.

My family loved the city of Philadelphia. This hotel will be my regular stop. I recommend this place to anyone who's in the city. You will not regret your stay.

1 Thank swaps1986

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Georgetown
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2010

I have never written a negative hotel review; but this particular denzien of hoodlums has given new meaning to the term "notell motel". The photographs are very decieving. It appears to be a lot cleaner and well thought out, however when we arrived it was just a nightmarish exprience. The check in process should have alarmed me to the type of *inn* we were going to be staying in. There was a "No Refunds" sign at the front desk! Placing my instinct on hold, I collected my keys and proceded to my room. To begin with I requested a no smoking room, this one was not only smoked in, it was still dirty. So I went back to the Front Desk and got new room, however, this took roughly 15 minutes to obtain, because they accused me of using the room. I did not even walk fully in the room. You could plainly see from the entry way that the beds were unmade and the room had a smoke stench. As I am going to my new room, two women stepped out from the shadows and asked me if I had any money. My boyfriend was asked if he wanted a "date". I didn't even go to my room. I had my boyfriend put the luggage into the car and went to the front desk. Who REFUSED to give me a refund. I would like to state on here, that the reviews of this "inn" are extremely decieving. It is nothing like it appears in the pictures; nor is the level of service something I would expect from a hotel that has had these many positive reviews. Something is very much amiss.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BLGates
Franchise_Player, Public Relations Manager at Parkway Inn, responded to this review, February 16, 2010
I would like to apologize for this unexpected turn of event that took place.We are a very clean establishment and we take pride in customer satisfaction.In the years we built our establishment to best serve our customer needs and not once we had this kind of complaint.Our staff always clean and check the rooms top to bottom so there was no why this type of over site could have happen.Are records does not show any indication that this statement was true every event or complaint is put into our system onsite before a guest checks out .All of the reviews that guest have stayed compliments our establishment and we look forward to serving the public for many more years in high quality service.

Management

Travelers are raving about these Springfield - Delaware County hotels

East Lansing, MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2010

First, the heater was so loud that we couldn't sleep with it on. Turned it off, then froze to death. When we asked for two extra blankets, we got one. There was pubic hair in the bathtub, and stains on the carpet. When I asked for a special accommodation to get a family member coming in for a funeral into a room late at night, it was refused. Everyone referred to the place as a "hell hole."

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank miagina
springes3, Wenmaster at Parkway Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2010
Dear Guest,

We have received your comments regarding your stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to make them. The problems you experienced are summarized below:

a) Loud heating unit and lack of blankets.
b) Poor standards of room cleanliness.
c) 'Late arrival' provisions.

Some of these issues are routinely dealt with as part of our standard quality control procedures, and here are the steps that we have taken to rectify them:

a) The heating units in all rooms have been inspected and maintained where necessary, and we have reviewed our policy regarding provision of blankets. We have taken steps to ensure that all guests have sufficient blankets in their rooms.

b) Our standard of cleanliness is normally high, and we have provided extra training for our maids to ensure that these standards are maintained.

c) We are reviewing the 'late arrival' situation, and will ensure that steps are taken to enable this in future where appropriate.

I apologize for the problems you experienced, and we have taken steps to ensure that the situation is rectified and that you and your family will enjoy your next stay with us.
Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2009

I checked into my room after a long day of travel. I went into my room to put some bags away and smelled a strong mold scent. I checked the bathroom and around the door, found nothing. So I decided to pull back the covers. Not only was there black mold on the walls by the headboard, so I pulled the sheets up, there were bed bugs all over the mattress. I immediatly went out to my husband, who had our kids, and told him to stay there. I went to the front office, told them what I found in the room an asked for a room change, they refused. I asked for my money back, they refused. So I called their corporate office and complained to them and called my credit card company to dispute the charges.

Bottom line, I would NEVER let my dog stay here, not even my worst enemy.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Elijahsmommy
springes3, Webmaster at Parkway Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2010
Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced while staying with us. The majority of our guests enjoy their visit, and we have taken steps to rectify the faults that are summarized below:

Standard of cleanliness of the room.
Bed bug infestation of the mattress.
Refusal to change rooms or offer a refund.

We have taken the following steps to rectify these faults:

The cleanliness of rooms is not normally in question, and we have taken steps to ensure that all rooms are maintained to a high standard. Our maids and cleaning staff have been provided with further training to facilitate this.

We are very surprised at you finding bed bugs on our mattresses but have taken action to ensure that any infestation is eradicated. We sometimes have such parasites passed on by other guests, and have provided training to ensure that such an occurrence is detected prior to our rooms being cleared for further occupancy.

At the time of your visit we had no spare rooms that had not been booked, and are reviewing our no-refund policy for situations such as yours.

We have taken all the steps possible to ensure that there is no recurrence of these problems and should you and your family decide to visit us again we are certain that you will enjoy your stay.
Weymouth, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2009

There's a somewhat comfortable bed, free wireless internet, and a sub-par breakfast, but it's all cheap and the staff was nice.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

Plain, simple old fashioned style motel. No frills. Very clean. Carpets are new as is paint job. If you need a place to hang your hat for a night this is a good buy. You can go across the street and spend $30.00 more. But if you don't want the few extra amenities you get at the other hotel save your self some money and stay here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield - Delaware County
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl ...
#1 of 2 in Springfield - Delaware County
Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University
Quality Inn Media
Quality Inn Media
#2 of 2 in Media

Been to Parkway Inn? Share your experiences!