Booked our room for 8 nights through Expedia. The price was really reasonable, and we had driven past the hotel before (it looks okay from the outside). When we checked in, the Manager asked us how much we had paid through Expedia. We told her. She seemed to be upset that the rate was low. She then informed us that check-in time is 2:00pm (it was 1:00pm). She "should" charge us a $30 early check-in fee but, since she was not busy at the time, she would accept $20 in cash. When I checked my Expedia confirmation email later that night, it said "1:00pm check-in." The Manager also reminded us, several times, that our 8 nights would not be refunded. This is while we were CHECKING IN. That should have been a warning. Some highlights of our stay:
- The police are at this hotel EVERY DAY. The guests are shady. Shady.
- The heater in our room stopped working on the second night. The maintenance guy, Kevin, was the one who got us a new room and helped us move our stuff. The front desk ignored our calls for over an hour. Kevin was the BEST - and he should be working somewhere else.
- We were sleeping one morning. My boyfriend jumped out of bed and ran to the light, to see what was crawling on his face! It was a small brown cockroach. I am not kidding. I freaked out. Boyfriend called the front desk. Front desk clerk suggested we brought the roach with us. Again, not kidding. Since our 8 nights was "not refundable," I insisted on another room in another building. It took 4 hours for them to "find" us a new room in a hotel that had 90% empty rooms.
- New room, after roach (AR), had a dirty bathroom floor. At this point, we began waking around with shoes all the time. Our bags went into the car - because we didn't want them in the room anymore.
- Boyfriend went to get coffee one morning at 9:35am. Full continental breakfast was still set up. Front desk clerk told him not to touch it, as breakfast ended at 9:30am.
- On the day we checked out, we were told by the Manager that we were late and that there would be an additional $50 charge. This is the same woman who charged us $20 for "early check-in," which wasn't early. At this point, we laughed at her and left. After that horrible experience, she had the nerve to try and get more money out of us?! She then called my cell phone 2 hours after we checked out to say we had better come back with $50 for her or she was calling the police. I suggested she do just that. I am still waiting.
I just want to say that I always give hotels a chance, and I never paid much attention to online reviews because (I am a server) I know how picky people can be. I wish I had listened to all the bad reviews I saw on here. I would have stayed somewhere else. If this review helps one person save their money and their trip, it will have been worth it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Parkway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn Springfield Hotel Springfield - Delaware County