“Shabby Rooms/Terrible service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Parkway Inn
Providence, Rhode Island
“Shabby Rooms/Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Got into town really late ( ~ 1AM) and needed somewhere to sleep for a few hours. I ignored the poor reviews of the Rodeway Inn Springfield (big mistake) because it was the closest and I figured, since I only planned on being there a few hours, how bad could it be. I was advised by front desk personel that since I planned to be out early (5AM), I should get the short term stay. Payed up ($60) and signed a room agreement that clearly stated check out time was 11AM. The room was shabby (dirty/stained carpet, cigarette burn holes in beddings etc.), it was clear the Inn didn't care too much. As if the poor state of the room wasn't bad enough, at 4AM, I get a call saying I needed to get out of the room. I was taken aback by the tone of the hotel staff - to say that he was rude will be an understatement. I try explain to him that the agreement I signed clearly stated checkout was at 11AM to no avail. He insisted I needed to get out right then. It was really early and I didn't have the energy, so I conceded. I get up and start gathering my things when I get another call two minutes later. This time, he is literally yelling that I need to get out. I was dumbfounded. Never had I experienced such terrible service. I explained to him that I was getting my things together to leave to which he retorts that he had already informed me earlier and so I was aware I needed to be out. 15 minutes after the first call, I am at the front desk checking out. I was handed a check out slip to sign, a quick glance reveals that I am now being charged $90 , $30 for late check out (mind you, the nightly rate is $65 but somehow I am being charged $90 for a 3 hour stay). I refuse to sign and ask to be given a copy of the original agreement I signed that stated a rate of $60 and a check out time of 11AM. He refuses my request and states that copy was for the hotel only. I try explaining to him that what I signed represents an agreement between me and the hotel and I had a right to have a copy of it. He condescendingly retorts that he had never stayed at a hotel before so he didn't know whether my statement was true. At this point I had had enough so I just walked away. Clearly, this guy had major issues.

In summary:
- Room was in terrible state
- Hotel staff was very rude
- Without explanation I was almost conned into signing an agreement with extra charges

Note to potential customers: STAY AWAY. This place is a dump and has terrible service. Trust me, the minor savings is not worth the feeling of your skin crawling when you enter the room and the terrible service you will be subjected to.

Note to hotel management: Get rid of that front desk staff (South Asian descent - maybe indian?, middle aged, rimless glasses, face warts) and employ new staff who actually understands the concept of customer service - it makes up a significant portion of the customer's experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jay O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ithaca, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a Rodeway Inn. It's the bottom of the Choice Hotel brands, and it's dirt cheap. Wasn't expecting much. However, the room was quiet and clean, and the staff courteous. My problem is that the details fell flat. No iron in the room, but there was an ironing board and a place for the iron to go. Call to the desk, and an iron arrived. Wireless instructions in room didn't work, call to the desk, got the new instructions. I'm not sure why these things couldn't be provided, but it seemed to be a pattern. No hair dryer in the bathroom (but a place for it to go), and I'm sure if I called the desk, one would be provided. But why should I have to? Normal complaints about the thin towels, thin sheets, thin blankets, and sadly pathetic pillows. Address these problems, and you'd have a good hotel on your hands.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

awefull,... mess , cheap . A/C does not set to a temp, you have to wake up in the middle of the night to set it off and on to avoid freezing and baking!!! the bath tub is so stainy and dirty with the gray spots looke like never been scrubed or washed :( chair and furniures are torn , dirty ..awefull.... might not get any roomservice. I booked it throu Hotels.com for 4 nights but checked out after the first night and never get any refund ! they steel money .

never ever go there....free breakfast is a joke , it is so dirty and awefull you'll loose your appitite.

I got sick from the dirt and the bad memory ...I hope I forget it someday .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sahar F

Travelers are raving about these Springfield - Delaware County hotels

Eastern shore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

We booked this hotel because they said they were 5 miles from the airport. They weren't, it was more like 10 miles away. We could barely get the Desk help to process our room. We watched the Manager hang up on several phones without helping the people. The room was from the 1970's. Huge pot holes in parking lot. Overall a dirty feeling throughout. Their Contintental Breakfast was toast and cereal only. What a joke!
He's the best part. Be sure to read the review below ours too. Exact story again. Our flight lands at 6pm. We call desk for a pickup, girl at desk says they are in route. 40 minutes later we are still standing outside waiting for the van. We call again. Stupid desk girl now says their driver just picked up someone else from airport and left us and now we have to wait another 40 minutes for another van! We had to get a cab and pay 30.00 to get back to hotel (which was supposed to have free shuttle service) and stupid girl calls us again while we were in the cab and says the van will be another 20 minutes.
Our advice is to STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP!! They show no respect and don't care about their customers. They shoud not be classified as a hotel, it's more of a pay by the day turdhole establishment. We will never, ever go back or recommend this dump to anyone. Pay the extra money and stay at a nice hotel right at the airport and skip this nightmare!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Room Tip: Don't go here, period
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ddwjr26
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

To say this place is an armpit is an understatement. My company booked this place for me. I've stayed at a lot of hotels in my life. This was by far the worst experience I've ever had. TERRIBLE service. The front desk had no interest in helping me.

For starters, the shuttle was supposed to be at the airport when I arrived. But wasn't. I called several times with no answer. 30 mins later they answered and sent a shuttle with a time frame of 20-30 mins. Waited for 1:06 before the driver showed up. Oh and even the driver mentioned its not a nice area.

You know when you turn on a horror movie of someone getting murdered at an old rundown motel? I swear those movies were filmed here (that sounds like sarcasm but it's not). Also, I'm 90% sure there was prostitution going on in the room next to me.

Rooms were filthy. The comforter looked like someone dragged it behind a truck for weeks. You could tell the sheets were dirty and hadn't been washed since the last person slept in them. When I called the front desk asking for new sheets the guy sounded really put out. The bathroom was disgusting. Hair everywhere. Sink wouldn't drain. Oh yeah also, there was a surplus of bed bugs.

Oh by the way, go check out the positive reviews. It's pretty clear the owner/employees are the only ones leaving positive reviews. Seriously go read them. It's hilarious.

Anyways, do yourself a favor and don't even bother with this place. Unless you want to live out a horror film nightmare.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Goinghome2
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

To be honest I was really hesistant to stay at this hotel with all the reviews. It was just a last minute type of thing. When I arrived to the front desk, I was welcomed very warmly, by some nice young men. They helped make my checkin as fast as possible. They made sure if I had any problems they would help, and be there. When I arrived to the room, the design was a little old, but DESIGN DOES NOT DETERMINE COMFORT, moreover I slept like a child that night. The next morning I was running late I asked the clerk if it was possible to stay an extra hour they gratefully allowed me to do so. Also, the breakfast wasn't the best but the waffles were defiantly worth it. I really loved ny stay here to sum it up, it most definitely caught me by suprise with these MISLEADING REVIEWS.

Room Tip: The clerks are trustworthy if you tell them about your problems, they will resolve it right away. Th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Englishtown, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

The hotel's own website will not allow anyone to leave a comment. (try it) All comments you read are by the hotel staff making you think its good. The pictures you see do not represent that hotel. -First know this hotel will not refund anything for any reason. -The comforter had burn holes, the bed had stains, the toilet barely flushed, smelled like smoke, and they have an infestation of bed bugs. Yes, small dark wingless bugs that came out of no where in the bed. -There is a strong language barrier as you will see most of the staff and owners speak pakistan and talking to them is nearly impossible. (When I first called to reserve the room that person spoke good English, and the reviews looked good, so I thought everything was legit)
-This hotel ruined our vacation because of the bedbugs. The bugs were discovered within 20 minutes of us being there. We took some to the office & showed them. (they made a note of it) We drove several hours back home that night. The hotel will not refund our money. Please take my experience as your advice.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel. Leave the bed bugs at the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank mike m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield - Delaware County
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl ...
#1 of 2 in Springfield - Delaware County
Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University
Quality Inn Media
Quality Inn Media
#2 of 2 in Media

Been to Parkway Inn? Share your experiences!