“Avoid the witch at the front desk!”
Review of Parkway Inn

Parkway Inn
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I booked a non smoking room for three people on saturday 6/23/12. The man I booked it with said no problem, when I got to the hotel to check in the woman who claims to be the owner told me to leave immediately. She then proceeded to cause a huge scene after I demanded a refund and after I threatened to call the Springfield police she gave me a room. The story is longer but I'm only allowed 50 characters. Just stay the H E double hockey sticks away from this scummy motel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MQ5

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I read the reviews for this property before deciding to take a chance and stay here. We were only going to stay a matter of hours before we had to make our flight...so I thought it wouldn't be so bad. I was kinda surprised when I arrived at the motel. It wasn't FILTHY or even DIRTY. The beds were clean...the sheets were very clean. The staff is very friendly and the breakfast room was tidy. I saw no FILTH.

I think one person's idea of FILTHY is another person's idea of OUT DATED or RUN DOWN. This motel was a bit run down....walls had patched marks, the tiles in the bathtub area needed new grout, the toilet seat lid was scratched up, etc. etc. But as far as it being a health hazard....no. There were no bugs and I didn't fear when I crawled under the covers. I slept like a baby here. It's not the Ritz, but then you're not paying for the Ritz.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mindy M
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Find another hotel! The sheets were actually stained with an oily bootmark, and the plumbing had some serious problems. Free breakfast..ha! The 12 cup coffee urn must have has one scoop of coffee for the enitre 12 cups. Orange Juice? Watered down tang. The police patrolled constantly once the sun went down. This place is a candidate for the TV show that cleans up & remodels hotels!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank christine s
Reviewed April 23, 2012

As others have mentioned, the actual motel is dreary and dirty. It looks a lot like a Self-Storage complex that has been converted to "store" people. But, that's not the worst part: when I signed in, I didn't pay enough attention to what I was signing/initialing, and I agreed to pay for all 3 nights in advance, with no refund. I know, my own fault for not reading "the fine print" before I signed it, but I've never run into a place that asks for full pre-payment up front, so I didn't even think to look for it. I expected a standard check-in form. So, when my family and I had to leave a day early, we were stuck paying for 3 nights, even though we only spent 2 nights there. The bottom line: read the rental agreement carefully, and see if you can get the "no refunds" thing deleted if you think you might need to leave early.

Oh yeah, the room itself: not as bad as others have said, just drab and dreary. There were a few minor maintenance issues (bathroom door wouldn't close, shelf in the bathroom was loose, etc.), but the room was livable.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Drew48160
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Where to start dirty dingy smelly mold. I slept ontop of the covers I was afraid of bed bugs. All kind of dirt bags milling around and police were called a couple of times just stay away go to days inn or find a airport hotel

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Jsl438
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Outside enter rooms, poor service, no food at offered breakfast, would not refund 2nd day when I found out how bad hotel was. Would not stay at this hotel ever again.

Room Tip: Stay at an other hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank barry w
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I was here last month. I was a lousy experience. The room was kinda dingy and dirty. The beds were very poor- has springs that were shot.The front desk has a bad attitude all the time. They only cared about getting your money. they didnt care about our stayWe got a no smoking room- but we can smell a lot of smoke in the room. it was disgusting. and gave you a headache. Shower just barely worked ok...The complimentary breakfast was average at best. but considering how lousy the rooms are im surprised they gave you any. (waffles, bagels, OJ).Coffee tasted bad!The room was very old fashioned. carpet stains. ugly comforter with stains on it. Lousy wifi too .Oh and by the way in the middle of the night i saw a bedbug. after i killed it i went back to bed. and left early! I wont be staying here again.

One thing I would say was good was the price… but you get what you pay for.. and the location- right on Balt. Pike. Be forearned.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LandAgentDunbar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield - Delaware County
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl ...
#1 of 2 in Springfield - Delaware County
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield
The Inn at Swarthmore
The Inn at Swarthmore
#1 of 1 in Swarthmore
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park

Been to Parkway Inn? Share your experiences!