“Shepherd's Delight:”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Shepherd's Delight

Himalayan balsam keeps the bees busy in the summer. Bluebells in May.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Himalayan balsam keeps the bees busy in the summer.
Bluebells in May.
Cosy even in the snow.
The entrance to your own woodland.
The outdoor wood burning hot tub an amazing experience any time of year.
Cosy wood burner keeps you warm in the winter.
Our friendly alpacas just after being shawn.
Our 5 acre field.
The alpacas at sunrise in the autumn.
Luxurious bedlinen and an alpaca fleece duvet-a good night's sleep is imperative.
The composting toilet and washstand.
Try the unique experience of the steaming outdoor shower or use the guests only shower in our home.
Shepherd's Delight.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Alex B
“Shepherd's Delight:”
Reviewed February 27, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

I am so glad I found this little gem of a hut and for staying patient until the last of my searches, after hours of Googling!

On arrival, Jo greeted us with a huuuuge smile, which made us feel very welcome. She matched the person I thought I was emailing in advance of the stay, which was also very pro!

Jo then takes you to the hut shows you around and gives you tips on getting the fires started - especially the hot tub! Then after that, she'll tootle off back down the hill and the rest of your stay at the hut is entirely private! Jo will leave more wood at the entrance gate to the land (approx 100m from the hut) but will not intrude.

Personally, we loved how cosy it was and even though we've only been in winter, we felt we best appreciated the hot tub, fire pit AND log burning stove in the colder months - especially the 1am hot tub! I loved keeping three fires lit while Chloe loved toasting (and eating) the marshmellows we were given best.

The hut itself is AMAZING 10/10 superb 5 stars. Lovely decor, everything you need really, for a no gadget glamping holiday to get back in touch with nature, which is what I believe Jo wanted to create for couples to experience at her hut. Stunning job Jo; we'll be back!

Alex & Chloe

Your age range 25-34
Alice_Chu...
London, United Kingdom
“The best 30th Birthday!! An unforgettable couple of days.”
Reviewed December 9, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

This place is an absolute MUST. Jo is hugely welcoming, full of warmth and enthusiasm along with tons of helpful information. She lets you get on and enjoy the privacy of this incredible space which is meticulously planned down to the last teabag! It is a great camping experience with enough luxury to make it very comfortable! From the hot tub to the alpaca duvet, every touch is perfect. We are already planning our return!! PS. Thank you too for the homemade banana cake!!

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Wendy R
“An amazing, wonderful, fantastically relaxing respite away from normal life”
Reviewed September 19, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Shepherds Delight is exactly that, a truly amazing delight.
The facilities were second to none, everything was quality and we were short of nothing.
Breakfast was plentiful and enjoyable. Great fun cooking and eating outside, feeding the pheasant.
Sitting by the campfire, listening to the sounds of the night and the crackle of the fire was absolutely wonderful.
The 2 days we stayed here were like a little piece of heaven, so relaxing and great fun.
Would highly recommend and hope to return next year.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Dave W
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Shepherd's Delight”
Reviewed September 19, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

The Shepherd's Delight was a fabulous experienced, a beautiful private land. Amazingly there were many things available to use that you don't need to bring except clothing and food if needed. Hot tub was superb. We were very lucky that the weather was great. Thank you Jo for a wonderful hospitality.

Tracey E
Wirral
“Beautiful and so relaxing!”
Reviewed August 14, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Just got back from an amazing weekend spent at the shepherds hut for my husbands birthday. The owner Jo is so friendly and has literally thought of everything you could possibly need or want to make your stay perfect. She had even baked my husband a birthday cake which was a lovely touch. The hut itself is so cosy and all the little Quirky touches really are lovely. The hot tub is fab too and my husband made it his job to get the fire going to heat the water up! I would definitely recommend visiting you won't be disappointed.

toni20060...
“Unique Romantic Break”
Reviewed June 20, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We have just returned from a 3 night stay for our wedding anniversary and I am completely in love with the place. We arrived on Friday and met Jo to check in, Jo was friendly and informative and told us all we needed to know about our stay. The Hut is off grid so some instruction is needed on how to survive without gas and electricity (unless battery powered or from a can). Jo has provided everything you need to get by from equipment to cook on the fire pit outdoors or the stove inside, to torches and pretty battery powered fairy lights to make the place look pretty at dark.
So many small touches add to the experience and really make you love your stay even more. The welcome message and anniversary gift of a cotton reel (2nd anniversary) were a lovely personal touch. As were the lovely breakfast supplies delivered each day.
I loved waking early in the morning and wrapping up in the ponchos and blankets and snuggling on the hammock to read my book. It was never long before cocky the resident pheasant came wanting his breakfast too and I more than obliged letting him take the nuts from my hand.
Evenings are beautiful, we spent ours sitting in the hot tub watching the wildlife all around us, we watched bats in the trees above and even a couple of owls.
My husband loved the place as much maybe more than me. He loved his duty of keeping the fire going and the job of fetching fallen twigs from the woodland to chop and burn.
We have booked to stay next year already and we cannot wait.
Please don't change a thing Jo the place is perfect!

Management Response
Jun 21, 2016
Don't worry Toni-think I've got to the place where I'm happy with everything! No changes planned! Looking forward to seeing you again next year.
Toonman76
“Absolutely stunning back to nature break”
Reviewed June 12, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

My wife booked this as a surprise to me for our wedding anniversary and we were simply blown away! Jo's attention to detail is fantastic. The hut is quaint, chic, comfy and homely. Dinner by the fire pit is just perfection and watching the sun go down while drinking wine in the hot tub is everything you could want. Waking up on a morning and opening the door to be greeted by Cocky (the pheasant) and his ladies wanting there breakfast is great. Simply the most relaxing weekend break we have ever had. Highly recommend to anyone and can't wait to go back for our anniversary next year (all ready booked)
Thanks for everything, see you soon

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing