“Great Bistro and Deli”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We ate here in July 2014 and the food was great. They were great with the kids too - have 3 kids with us this is very much appreciated. If you visit don't forget the Deli. great local produce...

1  Thank Brownaa2

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stopped by for lunch after Dolphin watching at Chanonry Point. Food was delicious... especially the butternut squash soup. Staff are very friendly. We definitely recommend this sweet little bistro!

1  Thank TravellerMalta100
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife, 13 year old son and I stumbled across this place in Rosemarkie when on a dolphin watching hunt whilst touring the Northern Highlands and I can say in all honesty we were blown away by the quality, the service and whole ambiance of the establishment which would comfortably rival any of the upmarket gastronomic restaurants in London or any major city, with one small exception, the seafront view is spectacular and easily beats anything else in comparison. This looks like a fairly new site and at first glance of the menu our first impressions were it was a bit `pricey'. However we were served by two very pleasant and efficient young guys who couldn't do more for you and the food when it arrived was `to die for'. I had a Cullen Skink soup which was the best and freshest I've ever had and the whitebait was also very generous and tasty but the main courses really stood out for us. We had a fresh seafood thai green curry, a rib eye steak and a braised pork dish which were all magnificent, tasty, fresh, well presented, hot and very very generous portion sizes and I'm ashamed to say I couldn't finish mine as there was too much. A large glass of house shiraz and pint of special cider and apple juice washed down a truly excellent meal in a wonderful environment and all for less than £70! The owners have got this restaurant just right and I wouldn't change a thing about it. Keep everything including the excellent waiting and kitchen staff and I would say this will be a winner for many years to come. Truly a hidden gem!

1  Thank Tom K
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Early evening meal at Crofters to celebrate wedding anniversary. It was our first visit to this restaurant and we will certainly return. There was a good choice of starters and main courses and I opted for the cold shredded duck starter which was delicious, served with pickles and warm toasted bread. My husband had the haggis ball and again these were very tasty. We both had the sea bass with lovely new potatoes and green beans. The beans were in a bundle, wrapped with parma ham which was crispy and made a good contrast. I did think 'not a lot of vegetables' but to be honest it was plenty as it turned out - the balance and portion size was just right. The sea bass had a delicious tangy and creamy mustard sauce with it and the skin was left on the fish and crisped - every morsel was edible and delectable.
Dessert - not a massive choice but sometimes that it a help when, like myself, you have trouble deciding what to have. I opted for the griddled pineapple with whiskey/caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream. It was an unusual dish and enjoyable, the ice cream seemed to be home made. Glayva highland coffee for my husband. Service was good and prices fair. The head waiter was knowledgeable and friendly. All in all a very enjoyable meal.

2  Thank ValG186403
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Great, fresh food with fantastic service. Really tasty and although no kids menu, they happily made a meal for my daughter which was just as good as our food. They also serve "Happy Chappy" beer and i certainly was!

3  Thank Niall M