“Lovely jubbly”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Crofters is a great restaurant and this was our second visit since the current owners took over in 2013. The welcome on arrival and the overall service make you feel a valued guest and the food was fantastic. Individual requests are catered for and there are good vegetarian options. Having eaten at a few restaurants on the Black isles I would say the Crofters is the gem in the crown and takes some beating. If your lucky like us you may even see the Dolphins from the large picture windows which is a real treat. If we did not live so far away we would visit often if only for the delicious sticky toffee pudding.

1  Thank lancing29

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stumbled across this restaurant after visiting Groam House Museum. Hadn't booked, therefore, but were accommodated without fuss. Pleasant surroundings and views of the sea. Meal was extremely good - tasty and not too large so we both had room for dessert. Staff very pleasant, knowledgeable and efficient. Will recommend and return. Soon!

1  Thank Karen G
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I had a lovely Gujarati cod curry and my husband had fish and chips. I found the curry very tasty indeed -any hotter and it would have been too hot for me. Polite, pleasant and polished service .Highly recommended.

2  Thank Lizzie238
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Long overdue to review this restaurant. Have dined here a number of times over a year or so. The food has always been of excellent quality and excellently cooked. The menu is well varied and portions are very generous. The service is always perfect. We usually go for lunch after walking the dogs. Sometimes we've been there when it's very quiet and other times, like today on a lovely warm day and it has been busy. Unlike some other restaurants, we have found that quality of food and service is still the same even when they have a full restaurant. We just like to go in and have a quick lunch and then take off and the service provided suits us fine. However, I have noticed and heard tourists in and the staff lingering to chat with them and in no hurry to move on to other folk. That, in my opinion, is getting the service balance spot on. Being able to read the customer doesn't happen very often these days so -well done! Special mention to the young dark haired gentleman who is most often there. Very welcoming and great at his job.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

When visiting Fortrose to view wild dolphins, we came across the Crofter's Bistro and were delighted with this restaurant. Right on the waters edge it has spectacular views and it has a warm, intimate atmosphere. The service is exceptional and there is an excellent menu. I was particularly impressed with the vegetarian options which were very unusual and were delicious. It was clear that much thought had gone into the menu. The food was fresh and very reasonably priced considering the high standard. If you're in this area, I would recommend you eat out here. The only disappointment is it was not open the following evening or I'd have been back there to try another of the delightful vegetarian mains. Excellent.

1  Thank RosieHutchinson2014