“Not to be missed!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Just finished an excellent lunch here on our tour of Scotland. Cannot compliment the entire experience enough, the staff couldn't have been more attentive and the food was exceptional. My husbands mussels were fantastic and one of the best mariniere sauces I have tasted in a long time. I had the Cajun chicken sandwich, again cooked to perfection and very tasty. How great to find such quality of cooking at such good value for money. I understand the restaurant is under new management, I wish them every success and if you are in the area, do not miss an opportunity to eat here. Shame they are 630 miles away from where we live!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was the first time I've been back in Crofters since it changed hands a while ago. It was a weekday evening without a reservation and was still fairly busy. The main meals were absolutely delicious and the portions very generous. The desserts were nothing special though. Service was good and staff were friendly and polite.

From the outside it is very inviting and has an enviable location with views out over the sea. However, the inside is a little dated and could do with a makeover.

I would recommend it to friends and we'll definitely go back and will try it during a lunchtime too.

2  Thank fooooody
Reviewed September 4, 2013

A lovely lunch in the Crofters Bistro today - but it is Rosemarkie, Black Isle, not Inverness! Great location, very good service and will definitely return. Food sourced locally and a great selection - from sandwiches to full lunch choices. Used to be a small cafe, but has been a full blown restaurant since April. Would definitely recommend booking if you were looking to eat there in the evening or on a Sunday, as I can imagine that this lovely restaurant will get very busy at times.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This is a must visit for locals and visitors. Very good food. Reasonably priced. Excellent service. I have been 4 times since it was taken over.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Booked this restaurant for a family birthday dinner. On arrival I requested a certain table as there were several the same size vacant but we were seated near the entrance which is quite distracting with people coming and going in and out and to the toilets at the front door. It took about 20 mins before we had a drinks order taken and by that time we were ready to order our food. Starter arrived promptly we shared a plate of mussels in white creamy sauce with crusty bread. I had to request small plates for us all and a finger bowl. Generous portion of muscles and plenty of bread but disappointed that quite a few of the muscles were still closed so couldn't be eaten, really they shouldn't even have been served up! I advised the waitress but she did not seem concerned. Also some of the muscles the shells had broken and there were bits of broken shell in the sauce which wasn't good as it gives the impression they were served up and not checked which is very dangerous with seafood/shellfish. The main course seemed to take forever to arrive and I wish I hadn't mentioned the problem with the muscles as the chilli pasta with scallops and chorizo was so hot my mouth was on fire and my lips were numb!!! No warnings on the menu to say it was this hot and chilli was so overpowering you couldn't even taste the flavour of the chorizo. The other person in our party had thai green curry which was lovely, it came with rice and a coriander naan only it wasn't a coriander naan it was a coconut and sultana naan with a few bits of coriander on the top. Having said that I tried a bit and it was lovely just very sweet. I ordered dessert quickly to save a further wait and we all had the eton mess which was lovely, the coffee was excellent too. Service was good though when the staff did attend to us. Overall I was disappointed that it wasn't as good as my previous visit in June this year,

1  Thank Strathpeffergirl