1,343 results
All reviews pebbles restaurant swimming pool pebble beach front row holiday park waves bar hot tub crazy golf rock pools fish and chip shop soft play evening entertainment touring caravan family holiday budleigh salterton sea view static caravan
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On arrival we were greeted by a very friendly, polite security man. Check in was great, as soon as I walked through the door I was met with an enthusiastic hello and a warm smile. After receiving all info required we headed to our caravan, en route noticing how spotlessly clean the whole site was, not a piece of litter to be seen. Parking was outside caravan, opening door and looking inside was incredible, cleaning staff had done fantastic job. Everything spotless and fresh smelling. We were on the front row with great uninterrupted views of the sea. The shop is very well stocked and reasonably priced, which considering its location I found surprising. The coast takeaway supplied very good quality food and not over priced. We didn't use the evening entertainment but did use Pebbles restaurant, food was very good quality, plentiful and freshly prepared. Bar staff were always polite and willing to chat and have a laugh. Overall we had a fantastic time and cant praise this site enough, we will be returning again this year, considering purchasing a caravan of our own, but if not we will be renting direct from website.
My only criticism.
Instead of complimentary bottle of wine on arrival, i would like to have option of maybe a few Tea bags,coffee, sugar and milk. So you could have hot drink on arrival before driving off site for any essentials not stocked in shop on site.

Thank you to all the staff at Ladram, you are all fantastic.

1  Thank Colin H
LadramBay1, Manager at Ladram Bay Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Amazing words to describe your recent stay with us, thank you so much. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much that you are considering purchasing a holiday home, please feel free to give me a call personally on 01395 568398 and I will be more than happy to assist you. Our team will be delighted to see that you found them friendly and welcoming, as we are family owned and run, we really take the time to get know our customers.

Once again thank you for your lovely review.

We really hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Lisa and the Ladram Bay team.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in a privately owned lodge at the top of the site with gorgeous wide ranging views down over the park and out to sea where it was possible to see Portland Bill in the distance. The lodge was well proportioned and equipped. It had a huge deck and comfortable furniture but sadly the weather was pretty awful while we were there and we only had one small opportunity to enjoy it. The staff are lovely and facilities are excellent for this type of site and it couldn’t possibly be in a better spot with its own beach. Our biggest issue and reason it is 4 not 5 was the fact that there is no service for 02 on almost all of the site. I found myself wandering around holding my phone up in hope. There is free WiFi in the main building which is patchy depending where you sit. We felt the cost of purchasing WiFi was excessive bearing in mind it is per device not per unit and doesn’t advertise itself well as it says that it is not strong. I appreciate coverage in such a large area must be problematic but coupled with no O2 coverage I felt isolated. EE coverage is pretty good. It will make us think twice about coming again as in 2019 good phone and data coverage is really important to many people over a period of 4 days although I appreciate there are still people who are happy to get away from it all.

Room tip: The lodges have fabulous views.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank janra14

Thank you for your detailed review of your recent stay with us. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed our lovely location directly on the Jurassic Coast. As we are rurally located, you really can escape day to day life, this does mean that some networks have not installed phone masts so phone signal can be difficult at times.

We really hope you will consider returning to us again soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We got back last week from a great holiday .We had already visited 2years ago so this was are second time at Ladram Bay. We stayed in Ladram diamond 3 caravan with hot tub again infact I think it was exactly the same one. We all loved it can't fault it. Entertainment for the kids even better this time. Kids loved the pool, soft play and arcades. And throwing stones into the sea.
We visited the donkey sanctuary, The world of country life in Exmouth which is great for kids lots of play areas indoor and out. And even went to Paignton Zoo which was just under an hour drive away.
Will definatly return to Ladram again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank W7128ZUjuliah
Reviewed June 11, 2019

We're a family of 5, with 3 children under the age of 10. We spend most of our summers visiting touring parks across the South West in our caravan and, to date, this is absolutely our favourite and reminds us hugely of many of the top notch family holiday parks that you find across Europe. We had a touring pitch on the 4th or 5th level up the hill; the views were outstanding, and whilst it was a short uphill walk from the amenities, it was absolutely worth it. It rained on our first evening, but I was so taken by the dramatic view out to sea that I put my coat on, got a brolly out and sat in the rain, glass of wine in hand and enjoyed the surroundings. We ate dinner at Pebble restaurant for my sons 6th birthday. The food was really good, menu was varied with plenty of choice, portions were generous and prices offered decent value for money. Generally, the whole experience in the restaurant was way above what you'd expect from a camp site restaurant and was far far better than any other site that I have been to. The toilet blocks onsite were outstanding, again. Very clean and spacious, which is essential when trying to get a 9 and a 6 year old boy to shower themselves in the morning! We used the pool facility twice. There were loads of changing rooms, lockers and it was generally clean and tidy. Both times we went there was more than 1 lifeguard on duty. The kids loved the kids splash pool and, even though it was raining, they loved the outside splash play, too. The rest of the sites facilities were great. The shop was huge and well stocked, the chippy was good and the evening entertainment was really enjoyable and kept the kids engaged whilst my wife and I sampled the local G&T special. For families with caravans, I cannot recommend Ladram Bay enough.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
LadramBay1, Manager at Ladram Bay Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind words following on from your recent holiday with us. Its lovely to read that even though the sun didn't always shine you made the most of our wonderful location and facilities.
Our splash zone is always a massive hit with our younger visitors no matter the weather.

We are so delighted that you will be recommending Ladram Bay, to us there is no higher praise than personal recommendation.

We really hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Just back from a six night stay in the touring area, lovely large pitches and your van is parked for you when you arrive so that’s a helpful touch after a long drive. Facilities are modern and clean. Pool is great and we spent a few rainy hours there! Pebbles restaurant is handy on site and food is reasonably priced and good for families. All staff were helpful. The beach is amazing and views are incredible. Would recommend.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful review, we are delighted you had a lovely time and found all our team to be helpful.

We really hope you will travel to see us again soon.