All reviewsbronze caravanentertainment teamwest merseaweekend breaklong weekendsun holidayoverlooking the sealovely sitecountry parkcolchester zoocaravan holidaywelcome packlifeguardsnicksparkleluisagrandchildren
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We decided on Coopers Beach as other parks close to Clacton were full. We didn't realise you could get stuck on the island by the high tide, we were given a free tide table at reception. Our caravan in the Saltings area was a little old, but very clean and comfortable. The tv had a dvd player, which was a bonus, we didn't know until a maintenance man pointed it out. He also showed us how to work everything without making us feel stupid! (Welsh guy)
The weather was not too bad, we visited a few local attractions, the zoo is worth a visit.
The on site nisa shop is a little expensive, there is a Tesco not far away. The entertainment team seem a little inexperienced, but kept the kids entertained.
This is a quiet park, so if you want all action this is not the place to be but we enjoyed our stay. The only problems we had were a missing sheet and pillow but this was quickly sorted by a tall guy. Sorry no names didn't know but he had a Manchester type accent. He made the bed too so this was a bonus!
The pool was a little on the small side but the kids liked the spa!
Overall a good break at Coopers Beach.

Room Tip: upgrade to silver if you want a newer caravan
1  Thank Brett J
Park R, General Manager at Parkdean Resorts - Coopers Beach Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Coopers Beach or other Park Resorts sites in the future.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

After driving for 4 hours I was relieved when we arrived and pleased that we were allowed to use the facilities until our caravan was ready at 4pm (although disappointed that others were checking in and gettin their keys early) The caravan was basic but then I guess you get what you pay for, the cooker worked fine but on arrival we had to wash the kitchen equipment as it was greasy, the fire worked and warmed the caravan nicely, the shower was nice and hot with good pressure, The mattresses were too lumpy and uncomfortable.

The club house decor is basic and not very comfortable however, the food was delicious and I would like to compliment the chef, we ate in the club house 3 out of 4 of the nights we stayed. The staff were friendly and helpful and the kids loved playing football in the area provided' although I wasnt impressed with the childrens entertainment, we have stayed at a couple of different Park holiday sites and the kids usually love Loopy Rabbit but they foud Sparky not very interesting and the entertainment wasnt very entertaining, not enough games The Sparky show starts at 5.30 and finishes by 6pm and there is nothing until 7pm when they play Bingo, it would be nice to entertain the little ones until the Bingo, with dance songs and games.

Swimming... the pool is too small and the system is ridiculous, we arrived at 2pm for the afternoon swim it took 15 minutes to get into the pool due to lack of facilities, there are about 4 or 5 changing rooms, as the pool was busy we were called out before 3pm we then had to hang around dripping wet and cold for a changing room while people were waiting on the otherside trying to get ready for a swim, the whole system needs a rethink.
We booked for the children to have a go on the water jet which they thoroughly enjoyed

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the majority of your stay with us and you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. However, I was disappointed to hear that you were disappointed with the entertainment.
For health and safety reasons there is a maximum number permitted to use the swimming pool at all times, therefore if it does get busy we operate a band system so that everyone can enjoy the facilities. Unfortunately, there are a limited number of changing facilities and I apologise that you had to wait.

We do hope that this will not put you off visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We've just returned from 5 days in a caravan at Coopers Beach and it was great :)
We had 2 caravans (which we were really pleased were situated close to each other), one for my husband and I and our 3 children (ages 5,3 and 11 months), and the other for my parents in law. We were in a lovely location, looking straight out to sea (Beach Side). The caravans were clean and roomy and everything worked well. The beds were quite narrow and a bit lumpy. Our older children kept falling out of their beds, so we pushed 2 together which seemed to work better.
We unfortunately didn't manage a swim in the indoor pool (it always seemed a good time for the children before it was 'normal swim time'), but we did go to the children's entertainment and play in the playground, which were very good.
The children had great fun and we would go again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor and thank you for the kind words. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was treated differently to two parent families and couples. The silver caravan had peeling wall paper, stained carpets missing trims, leaky toilet, a blind down for the durtation of the stay and was filthy. I phoned recption on arrival and was told no other accomidation availble and no one availble to sort out the caravan until morning. That night went out to eat and join in childrens entertaiment, there was no childrens enteriament that was advertised just ld people waiting for over 18s bingo, this was at 6pm no other entertainment was offered while I was there, the food pre packed frozen muck. Next day no one came to sort the caran caravan so I went to reception told there may be alternative accomidation but was never offered it, did a guest report and wasnt allowed a copy. The caravan was cleaned if thats what you call it, my food ruined in the fridge due to my fruit juice being placed on its side on top of it causing it to leak, my pjymma bottoms ruined due to leaky toilet. I have photos of the caravan after it had been cleaned, with the white gunk, hairs and crumbs still on the sofa, dirty light switches, the window frames filthy, the oven had fat all down the front and burnt food stuck inside, the wall paper was still peeling and no window frame. Nothing like what the web site advertises as a silver grade caravan. I complained again was told the manager was on holiday in another country nothing the receptionist could do, I was denied a complaints form my a lady who was aggresive and used intimidating tactics, so I had to use paper ripped out of my diary. No one would go through complaint with me nor would they talk to me in a cival manner. I did everything I could to redeem the holiday, I was polite at all times as im not one for loosing my temper but no one would do anything. The beach advertised on the website next to coopers beach is not the one on the site I belive it is Clacton on sea, there was a big sign next to access saying DANGER hard hats must be warn, the beach was mud that you would sink in if you walked on it. I received an email from customer services declining me my money back because the caravan was cleaned and I declined alternative accomidation. Basically someone is lying either the site or custmer service, as I was denied a copie of complaint I cant use it as reference but do look at the photos I have attached part from the beach and toilet all were taken after my 1st complaint and the caravan was cleaned and all my complaint dealt with satisfactory so says the lady from custmer service who emailed me. I am still waiting to here from my respoce to the email I got. Hope this helps

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your visit to Coopers Beach.
Whether you are staying with us as a single parent or a family, our guests should receive the same holiday experience regardless and I am so sorry to hear that you felt this was not the case on this occasion.

May I also apologise that your holiday was marred by unclean accommodation. I have spoken to the whole accommodation team to ensure that the proper processes are carried out at all times, as the experience you had is totally unacceptable. I have been informed that the cleaners came and cleaned your accommodation again for you, and the reception team offered to move you to alternative accommodation which you declined.

With regards to the entertainment I am sorry to hear that you were also disappointed with this. We attempt to cater for all ages, although I do appreciate that it is not always to everyone’s taste. We do have lots of new entertainment for this season.

Once again, I thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a wedding to go to in Colchester, family of 4. Caravan was perfect for us, with 3 rooms. We didn't use the oven, tv etc as it was really just a base, but we squeezed in a swim in the indoor pool and a couple of meals in the entertainment block. Hubby also fished from the beach, although unsuccessfully (note I said we didn't use the oven;-) ). For the price and length of stay, it was fab. One of the keys to the van didn't work, so we could only open the middle door, and the main light in the middle bedroom didn't work, but we didn't report it, just left a note when we left: if we'd been there longer we would have amd I'm sure it would have been sorted.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us, and look forward to welcoming you back to Coopers Beach or other Park Resorts sites in the future.