“A Great Site”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mersea Island
Coopers Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Hull UK
“A Great Site”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I booked this short stay holiday 24 hours before we went so didnt really know a lot about the site.We arrived a little late but was greeted with friendly staff and felt at home straight away.The site was absolutely fantastic very clean very friendly and the caravan was excellent and we had a view of the sea too.The kids had gone back to school the week we were there and so it was pretty quiet but we like it quiet but talked to some of the van owners and they said its pretty busy at the summer hols so i would think it would be ideal for families too.I would without a doubt go back to Coopers Beach a lovely area out in the country but not to far for a rideout some where nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hukura
Park R, General Manager at Coopers Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hello

Thank you for choosing Coopers Beach for your holiday.

I was delighted to read that you had a fantastic stay with us and we hope you will choose Coopers Beach for your holiday destination in the future.

01206 385 479

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Polish first
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I own a caravan but had family to stay this weekend. Was very worried after reading the previous comments, but should not have been.

As always the ladies in reception were lovely and my family were able to check in earlier than expected, the little envelope they were given had loads of information inside.
Booked a bronze caravan as they were only using it to sleep in, it was lovely and clean no complaints, beds were made on arrival and our only negative comment, no outside furniture is provided so take your own when the weather is nice.
The club house was great, their was a charity event going on, but everyone was involved we missed the walk, but enjoyed the stalls and raffle in the evening.
Swimming pool was busy on the Saturday afternoon, but we almost had it to ourselves on the Sunday.
Only negative comment other than the outside chairs was we would have liked a carvery for Sunday lunch.

Room Tip: Stayed in Swallows, not to far to walk to the pool, but far enough away for a bit of peace and quiet
Hello,

Thank you for your great feedback. It's always pleasing to read that our guests had a great time.

We hope to see you all again soon.

Hastings, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Feedback on my holiday at Coopers Beach Holiday Park. On booking I requested 3 Platinum Caravans close to each other as we were arriving with my elderly parents and my Brother and his wife and children. Luckily 2 caravans were situated close to each other but my caravan was quite a way from the others. Not disastrous but annoying. Unfortunately our caravan was situated directly in front of the Entertainment centre and the football and tennis court. The noise coming from both was unacceptable. Other inconsiderate people were leaving the Entertainment Centre drunk and disorderly, swearing, throwing cans, shouting at all hours of the morning. Unacceptable behaviour with no security staff monitoring the grounds and dealing with the culprits. This went on past 3.30 in the morning. I don't understand why you would place a family with 2 young children in such a position. Surely it would make sense to lock the football pitch and tennis court at a specific time to stop loud groups playing into all hours of the evening, as there were balls coming over hitting the caravan and older boys swearing when we asked them to quieten down. I'm amazed that this has not been thought about before as im sure others will have complained in the past. On the plus side my parents and brother were in a different part of the park and had no problems with noise. On another note the bar area and restaurant was very untidy and dirty. It was obvious to us that the lack of staff was evident. The floor was very grubby, toilets obviously not cleaned regularly and the tables not cleared leaving plates and food sitting for flies and wasps to feast on! On the plus side the pool area was very clean and inviting, many parts of the park where the caravans were situated clean and well kept. The Platinum caravans themselves were very clean and well presented. All of us commented on the high standard of the accommodation. I have tried to be constructive in my feedback without just moaning about the bad points.

Room Tip: Make sure your caravan is as far from the Entertainment Centre as possible to avoid noise!
1 Thank LOUISE H
Hello Louise,

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

We always try our upmost to allocate family and friends as close to each other as possible, however this is not always possible either due to the grade of units booked, or the location of the units as we only have a small fleet.

I am sorry that you were not happy with the location of your unit. If we were able to we would have allocated you a different unit, but unfortunately on this occasion we were unable to.

I have passed on your comments to the Complex manager regarding your comments about the restaurant.

We do hope you will return in the future

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Just spent 6 nights at coopers beach facilities and staff were fantastic - but the caravan was a huge disappointment we stayed in a bronze caravan so was not expecting the Hilton but I was so shocked even before I had unpacked I had to clean the toliet the smell was horrendous and sweep and clean the floor ( the water was black with dirt god knows when it was last cleaned ) - you could easily tell who owned their caravans and which ones belonged to the park the ones that were privately owned were beautiful real pride was taken in them the park ones all looked grubby and shabby ( you could see that they had started to refurb the one we were in but it was not finished new flooring in the living and kitchen area but the bedrooms had a scary badly stained carpets they toliet had large strips if wallpaper missing miss matched curtains with rips and wholes in not all electrical points working had a few silly issues that needed sorting gas fire wouldn't work ( we had a 3 year old and it got quiet chilly in the evening just wanted it on when she was taken out of the shower - no working light in the shower and the fire alarm needed a new battery - this took over 48 hours to sort out - we were told by a member if staff that someone was off sick that is why it took do long ) the sofa could also have done with a good clean just felt grubby - like I said such a shame as the site has beautiful views and loverly and quiet good entertainment and the pool was super clean so impressed with the pool the state of the caravans let them down - I spoke to a few couples that were staying in silver and gold and they said the same they were shabby and grubby - I would stay at the site again but only if someone who privately owned their caravan rented it out p

• Stayed August 2013
Hello Louise Millar

Thank you for your comments without feedback we cannot learn evaluate and improve.

While there never can be, nor should be, any excuse for the poor presentation of our accommodation, on the rare occasion that our systems break down, if we are notified it is always our intention to act swiftly either to remedy the situation to mutual satisfaction or in most cases move you to a different location, subject to availability. Please accept our apology that you waited for maintenance issues to be rectified. We have taken on board your comments and have already made a start on refurbishing these units.

We do hope these negatives do not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Had a nice weekend away at this park resorts caravan park. However the swimming pool and toilets in the entertainment building where very unclean. The toilets never seemed to be cleaned while I was there, everyday they got more and more dirty. Also the swimming pool was un clean as well. My caravan was nice and clean. The only bit in the caravan which were not great was the door handles kept coming off the doors.Which is worrying when you have young children and they could get stuck in the bedrooms if the handles feel off. Also the fridge was not very cold the first day we arrived so everything went hot. I think it should of got switched on the day before we arrived. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hello

Thank you for choosing Coopers Beach for your holiday, I have passed on your comments regarding the swimming pool and the complex to our complex manager.

I’m delighted to read that you had a good time with us and hope you will visit us again.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Holiday Date 24/06/2013 to 28/06/2013
My sister and I took our 3 and 6 yr old Nephews for a week.
We filled out the survey and handed in on our departure, however there wasn't an option for extra comments. This has been emailed to them directly on the day we left, however I STILL haven't received a response!!
On Wednesday 26th June at 4.45pm we went to the swimming area for my Nephew to go on the Water Walkerz. We were advised by the young blonde girl on shift that as we hadn't pre booked he was unable to go on them. I advised that 2 days before we pre booked a couple of hours before the set time and all was ok. Why would that day be any different. I was told that her boss wasn't there and she had a bus to catch home at 6pm so my 6yr old Nephew was not allowed to go on them! As you can imagine he was very upset. I think a bit more of customer service training wouldn’t go a miss, along with not being so blunt. It was very disappointing.
We were booked in to 12b The Saltings. The caravan was in great order and very pleased. Only downside was no DVD player (In brochure states comes with one!) in the lounge for the children and the mop and bucket was left in the kitchen, so we had to move it into the toilet and not use it as nowhere else for it to be moved to..
I would also like to add that in Caravan 5, during our stay, a Mother and father dropped some young girls off for a few days. They were young girls, not 18.The night before they were due to leave they decided to get drunk, have a party and loud music in the caravan and run around the site screaming and shouting, being sick etc. This went on from about 8pm until the early hours.
I tried to call the security number 5 times throughout the episode and not once did I get through, I had a generic ‘sorry we cannot connect your call, please try later’ The next morning when they were loading the mums car to leave they avoided all eye contact and couldn’t leave the site quick enough. I know there are rules and regulations in place for under 18’s and I know they just wanted to have fun, but there is a limit. I am probably not the only person to comment on this either. I suggested that the person that booked it be contacted to advise of the inconvenience the ‘children’ caused.

The site I couldn’t fault. The caravan was in a great location, very clean, most of the staff were very accommodating and we look forward to coming back. However as we were sooo close to the bar and pool area, in peak times I can imagine it gets VERY VERY noisy and busy..

Room Tip: If in peak season ask for a caravan further away from the bar and pool area. Its gets very noisy!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello Karlie,

Thank you for your feedback, I am very sorry that you were unhappy with the standard of your accommodation. Please be assured the unit you was allocated does meet the standards of a gold plus unit, unfortunately we have no input in the décor of the interior as these come from the manufacturer as standard.

I am pleased you did enjoy your stay and thank you for your kind comments about our team members.

I am sorry there was nobody available at 7 pm on Sunday to speak to you, the office hours are 9 till 5 on a Sunday but we do have security on duty who would have been able to assist you.

I do hope the negatives do not put you off returning to stay with us again in the future.

Maldon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have recently returned from a three night bank holiday break with our grandchildren. We go every year as we have family at the site but the caravan we had this year was the worst we have ever had. Whoever thought sludgy brown was a good shade for furnishings must be colour blind - it was the most depressing drab caravan you could imagine. The carpets and seats were dirty, the oven door didn't shut, which made cooking very difficult and the curtains were missing the end bits so kept sliding off the rail. Outside was an absolute state, the grass covered in cigarette ends and we had to clear a plant growing covered with thorns laying across the concrete outside the caravan so that none of the children got caught on it. The caravan was on a concrete base which was all broken and any resemblance to the pictures in the brochure completely escaped us. However, the children loved the pool and because they had placed us near to our family members on Sea View we enjoyed the break and it was only for the weekend. I have to say the staff were very friendly, mostly seemed quite young, but were very helpful and the swimming pool was clean and again the staff were very good. I was concerned though about the noise level of the music being played in there as it would have been difficult for the lifeguards to hear anyone shouting for help but on mentioning this to the staff they did turn it down. The games room needs more attention as on the Saturday we were there, it poured with rain, so it was packed in there as there is not much for the children to do when the pool is full but about 3.30 in the afternoon both change machines ran out of 2p coins so that was the end of that. I needed to see a member of the office staff on Sunday at 7 pm but found the office shut and wondered what you would do if you had a real problem. The laundry was very handy for me as I used the dryer to dry swimming towels etc but someone had been sick in there and the floor was covered with empty drinks bottles and empty crisp and sweet packets. Not the site's fault as down to the people using it but needs to be checked more often perhaps. If we didn't go to spend the weekend with the rest of the family (who own caravans) I certainly would not go to this park.

Room Tip: Unless you particularly want to be near the entertainment centre - avoid as it can be very noisy.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mersea Island
Chudleigh
Chudleigh
#1 of 18 in Clacton-on-Sea
Martello Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Martello Beach Holiday Park - Pa...
#12 of 13 in Clacton-on-Sea
Victory at Mersea
Victory at Mersea
#1 of 2 in Mersea Island

Been to Coopers Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!