Hostel Bekuo
In the Wind Hostel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$22
  • Breakfast included
Casa Kibi Kibi(San Pedro)
$44
$29
$26
  • Breakfast included
$21
Hostel Urbano Yoses(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$18
Hostelworld.com
$69
$70
TripAdvisor
Pura Italia(San Pedro)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrabbitpool tablethe ownerpancakesthe kitchencosta ricaone nightpineapplecommunal areasfellow travelershome away from homeprivate roombig familyhuge tvmy favoritegreat communityinteresting people
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I returned to Bekuo for my second trip to Costa Rica because the hostel really does feel like home. It is comfortable, clean and has a welcoming and safe atmosphere! The hostel has a gorgeous garden where (for the bird lovers) you can see hummingbirds, blue-gray tanagers, the brown robin (Costa Rica's national bird) and boat-billed fly catchers (among many others). The garden has beautiful tropical plants as well. I would definitely reccomend saying at Bekuo while in San Jose.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2011

This place was awesome. The hostel was great and the staff were super helpful. If I ever go back to Costa Rica it will be to hang out with Brian and the staff-they're a lot of fun. Brian is also the most gifted pancake artist I have ever met. I've traveled all over the world and have stayed in quite a few hostels-this one is really clean and a very comfortable place to stay. I was there for 5 weeks and loved every minute of it. If you're in San Jose, stay there.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I am living in Costa Rica for the year and had stayed in a few different hostels in San Jose before trying Bekuo and would say that Bekuo is the best so far. The people who work here are really friendly and helpful, the hostel is clean, safe and in a handy location. There are restuarants, such as El rio and spoons very near by and the Mall San Pedro is five minutes walk away.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I really felt at home here. The owner is very inviting, I arrived the night of his birthday party and received an impromptu invitation. Great party and atmosphere, but everyone went out after 10pm, so I (bit jetlagged) could still sleep well. I also got great advice about where to go in Costa Rica and I am glad I worked Rio Celeste into my itinerary as it was awesome.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Adecolt
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Stayed a few days in San Jose and I am glad I chose Bekuo. The staff was always friendly and helpful, the breakfast was good, and the area was relatively quiet and not too far from downtown.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo