“Great scenery, trip, food and crew!”

Exploradores Outdoors
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in San Pedro
London, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great scenery, trip, food and crew!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

We chose to do a white water rafting trip while we were in Costa Rica as this is meant to be the most scenic place in the America's to do this. The scenery along the Pacure river was beautiful to see. If you have a underwater camera they will let you take that with you or you can buy pictures for $25 with a credit card.

Andreas was our raft crew was a great guide who gave some history of Costa Rica, and was also very funny too. All the crew seemed to be bilingual and are happy to answer any questions you have and explained the safety aspects very clearly.

The selection for food was great with a typico breakfast but also mini sausages and fruit too. The lunch was very well prepared with tortilla's, nacho's and fruit on the side. There is a lot there for people to have seconds.

I wish we had known that the tour was able to pick up and drop of from a few locations as we were going to La Fortuna the next day but our hostel did not inform us of this or would've taken the option. It would've been no extra charge and would save time if you are heading there or San Jose and a third location I can't remember now.

They had a locker for you to put any belongings in and showers for the end of the day and you can buy refeshments after too.

Take water with you on the trip as to buy is with a credit card.

It was a great day adventure and highly recommended.

Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great time, but the river was too low.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

First this company does an amazing job with the entire day, and it's a LONG day! We were picked up from our hotel in San Jose at 6:45am. We picked up others in our area and drove a little over an hour to where we would eat breakfast, change clothes, and store our suitcases in lockers.

The breakfast was very good and there was plenty to eat. Rice with beans, scrambled eggs, mini hot dogs, granola, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, and water. All of this is included in the price of your trip.

For the river trip you want to wear a good solid water shoe. We wore Keens, which many others had too. Water shoes are good, but flip flops are not! Wear your swimsuit and something over that dries quickly, but plan on being wet all day. Bring a water bottle and sunscreen on the river trip, you'll need them both. If you have an underwater camera you can bring it. They do have people taking pictures on the trip which you can purchase a cd for $25USD after the trip. Make sure you bring a credit card, no cash is accepted. Also, if Spanish is not a language you know, do not worry. All the guides are bilingual and speak perfect English.

After you eat you drive about a half hour to to the top of the Pacaure river. From there they form you into groups of 4-6 to get into a boat. They teach you everything. So if you're a beginning don't panic! It was my first time, and I was very nervous. However, they teach you everything and you practice before you go out on the river.

Unfortunately we went end of March during a very dry season and the river itself was very low. Our guide, Carlos, was extremely knowledgeable and kept us very safe during the trip. The one downfall was because the river was so shallow in some spots we got stuck several times and our guide had to get out and give us a good push. The rapids that were higher were lots of fun.

Our guide said when the river is high you can make it down in 2 hours! Lots of rush and adrenaline. However, for us since the water was so low, it took 5 hours! In the middle of the trip we stopped for lunch on a big pile of rocks and sand. Lunch was great. They turn over a boat and make a table to serve the food. Tortillas, bread, beans, turkey lunch meat, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, nuts, fresh cut pineapple and some type of ice tea.

After we ate we headed to finish the river trip. We were very tired by the end. You get back to the same place you start. There are changing rooms and a little time to buy the photo cd if you choose, remember credit only. Another great part of this trip is they will take you anywhere you want to go. We went to Arenal. It's a three hour drive from the river place. We didn't get back til almost 8pm.

It was a really great day!

1 Thank kleichm
Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Rio Pacure trip was our favorite Costa Rica attraction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband and I took the Rio Pacure whitewater rafting trip this week with our 18-year-old daughter and 13-year-old son. It was a highlight of our trip to Costa Rica. EO is professional and very well organized. The trip runs exactly as described in the itinerary on their web site. Our guide, Fernando, did a fantastic job navigating our group through class I-IV rapids. He made it fun and shared great information about the area and wildlife along the way. Be prepared to get really wet. You are completely immersed in the river several times during the trip. The lunch prepared by the local indigenous group was delicious. The two scouts in the kayaks did an excellent job too. Don't miss this!

Santa Ynez, California
“A must do in Costa Rica!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Can I just say Wow!! We got picked up at the hotel, greeted with smiles, and our adventure began. Daniel started introducing us to all aboard our bus and letting us know one of these people may save our lives or you just might meet your next BFF. It was an easy trip to the adventure center where we had a great Costa Rican breakfast and some serious coffee. Always a plus for me... They broke us up in groups and headed to the river. Safety safety safety!!! Our guides were informing and knowledgeable and naturally entertaining! Fernando was our guide and he immediately tested me so see if I float. Good news for all , I do. And so did the rest of my raft mates. So off to test our rafting skills or lack there of. As we settled in I took one look around and said to myself "Welcome to Costa Rica!" Natural beauty all around you. Fernando made sure we all knew about the flora and the fauna, as well as the natural resources CR has to offer. At a point in the river you may discover warpaint or natural sunscreen. It helps not only your skin but it helps you becomes quite competitive with your fellow rafters. The lunch was perfect. Easy and filling. Next trip the two-day river and kayak in Puerto Viejo !!! Their professionalism and expertise shines in all they do. A perfect way to enjoy CR!! And yes... Pura Vida!!!

Ceske Budejovice, Jihocesky Kraj, Czech Republic
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Rafting - convinient, perfect organization!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

If you need to travel from one of these locations to another (San Jose, La Fortuna, Puerto Viejo), you must do the rafting trip. I did it when travelling from La Fortuna to Puerto Viejo.
1. It makes the journey much easier, you are picked up in your hostel/hotel and dropped off anywhere again
2. The rafting was awesome. Rio Pacuare and the scenery around are breathtaking.
3. The guides are very proffesional and fun.
4. I usually like to do everything by myself (dont like booking tours) but I have absolutely no regrets choosing this rafting trip! Pura Vida

Bring a gopro... they have some helmets with mounts

1 Thank Pavel S