See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 28, 2015 via mobile

I thought it was good that the hostel rooms had their own curtains on each bed for some privacy. Was good walking distance to the uni area and some big shopping malls. The staff were a little strange, I heard a big fight out front of my room at 4am. It was okay, just a bit strange.

Stayed: August 2015
Reviewed July 24, 2015

This was a strange place. Some of the staff was very nice (shoutout to the pancakeman!), some wasn't. We had a room next to the garage where staff had friends over all the time, playing loud music and smoking pot. It is also not a place to socialize, and a lot of old single men seem to be just living there or something.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2015

The staff when I was there were very friendly and helpful. The London theme was interesting, but I enjoyed the change of pace! I stayed in the dorms, and was pleased to find they had curtains you could draw to get a bit of privacy at any hour. Fairly comfortable too.

The showers were warm, which was really nice. My only real complaint was that there were a lot of random guests who played super loud dance music at all hours. I was awake before 9 for breakfast one morning and they were already blasting it. The staff ensured it was turned down for quiet hours, but still not ideal if you want to relax during the day.

A great value for the location and accomodations.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed July 7, 2015

Stayed here unexpectedly after a late night out in San Pedro. Walking distance from the main drag, Calle de la Amargura, where a lot of the bars, restaurants, and general nightlife is. Also close to San Pedro mall, San Pedro outlet mall/2 ATMS, and the University of Costa Rica. About a 15-20 minute bus ride to San Jose city center.

The hostel itself is immediately located in a residential area that is pretty quiet. Can't say too much about the place as I came late at night and left early in the morning. It is the best priced hostel or budget lodging option in the area; the dorm is roughly $10. It is CASH ONLY, however. Bathroom and dorm appeared clean. Dorm beds have a curtain you can pull for added privacy and there are outlets within the bed area itself, really nice touches!

Breakfast is included and there is a computer on the second floor for communal use.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2015 via mobile

I must say staff is very friendly and helpful but thats about it. Hostel has a very strange vibe, there is a lot of old single man. Kind of creepie !! I'll book double room and got twin with a bunk bad. Room was very small, sheets not change and I woke up with a bad bags bits all over me. Discussing !!

Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple