“Amazing experience!”

Anchor D Outfitting
Reviewed March 4, 2014

What a beautiful place! Just hospitable and friendly people! The amount of amazing horses was one of the highlights! But the best part was getting engaged in such a peaceful and tranquil cabin, with the beauty of the winter mountain scenery out the door to explore. Highly recommended!

3  Thank travelingcanadians

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I work for an oilfield manufacturing company. Fourteen of us went riding yesterday for 3 hours. What a wonderful experience!!!. The scenery was breathtaking and the trails were varied. We went uphill, downhill, through muddy areas, narrow paths, experienced cows and calves in their natural element grazing on the hill tops and in the trees. Following the ride from which they had 100 horses to choose from we enjoyed a steak barbecue in their log home. The family kitchen which can hold 30 people for a sit down meal was very cozy. We had brought our own drinks for the day ( both alcohol and non alcohol.)

Darren and Pablo were very knowledgable and patient. We had originally booked for 19 people but the weather seemd to be a bit cool in the morning so we had some cancellations. No problem. They just turned out the horses that had been saddled and proceeded to make it a happy time. The day was a bit windy but once we got into the trees it was calm and warm. I wore a sweater and vest and was totaly comfortable. We had a variety of people with different levels of experience and expectations. Darren had complete control of the situation at all times.

I plan to book the ranch and ride for myself and 5 sisters next summer. We will reserve the cabin and I have no concerns about it being up to standard. It is not a DUDE RANCH ....it is a clean, well organized life experience to be appreciated and enjoyed.

5  Thank Rosalina35
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed in the Hunter Cabin for 2 nights and had mixed reactions to our visit. The foothills setting was gorgeous, the ranch and horses were most interesting and the staff very friendly and informative.
The cabin had the potential to be a superb accomodation but a lack of maintenance was evident. The front door screen was ripped and hanging loose; we finally got some duct tape and fixed it ourselves as it was so irritating. Several of the windows lacked screens so we were reluctant to open them given the bug potential. Most frustrating was that the advertised shower was non-existent and we had only a bath tub. I especially relish a shower every day and thoroughly disliked having only a bath. Outside, the grass around the cabins desparately needed mowing. A bit of maintenance attention would have greatly improved the cabin.
In contrast the bed was extremely comfortable with high quality linens and the kitchen was well equipped.

3  Thank bjlOshawa_Ontario
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

We reserved the Hunter's cabin for a week, paid the $450 deposit, and were looking forward to the visit. Then my brother-in-law died and they were unwilling to refund the deposit. I was willing to provide a death certificate but they would only hold the money for a future visit.

I can understand a "no refund" policy but you would think that there would be an exception for a death. Given the customer service we've experienced to this point I'm not certain that I really want to rebook next year.

Something to keep in mind if you are planning to make a reservation.

4  Thank CabGal
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I (both in our mid 50's) just returned from a trip of a lifetime. Really! We have both dreamed of doing a week on horse back in the Rockies and we did it. And it was with a great outfit, Anchor D. To start we met Dewey, our host and a real cowboy/mountain kind of guy. Dewey loves his horses, this means we never saw a scrawny mistreated horse in his herd of over a 100. In fact he does his best to match horse and rider's ability for the trip.
The horse are well trained to respond to your every command with a gentle placement of the reins. Before setting out he gave us some simple instructions and a demo on steering the horses then off to the mountains we went. Up, down and across some of the most beautiful country anyone will ever see.
We chose a trip that required our camp to move every other night and to stay in tents and eat camp food. My exceptations were surpassed in both areas.The tents were plenty big enough for 2 cots with foams and nice warm sleeping bags. The food was so darn good and there was plenty to go around. So don't expect to lose weight on this adventure trip.
The staff was excellent at preparing the food, and getting the horses and us ready for the day. At the end of day's ride we returned to camp there was always a snack before dinner. Never had the same meal twice, and some meals I never thought you could make in a camp stove.
As much as the days were filled with activity the nights were relaxing by a good fire where we shared stories and jokes with each other or listening to Dewy play his accordian.
This was just such a terrific trip and I would highly recommend it to anyone, young and old, who would be for looking that experience of a lifetime to call Anchor D.

9  Thank Kevin H