“You won't believe it!!!”

Anchor D Outfitting
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I (both in our mid 50's) just returned from a trip of a lifetime. Really! We have both dreamed of doing a week on horse back in the Rockies and we did it. And it was with a great outfit, Anchor D. To start we met Dewey, our host and a real cowboy/mountain kind of guy. Dewey loves his horses, this means we never saw a scrawny mistreated horse in his herd of over a 100. In fact he does his best to match horse and rider's ability for the trip.
The horse are well trained to respond to your every command with a gentle placement of the reins. Before setting out he gave us some simple instructions and a demo on steering the horses then off to the mountains we went. Up, down and across some of the most beautiful country anyone will ever see.
We chose a trip that required our camp to move every other night and to stay in tents and eat camp food. My exceptations were surpassed in both areas.The tents were plenty big enough for 2 cots with foams and nice warm sleeping bags. The food was so darn good and there was plenty to go around. So don't expect to lose weight on this adventure trip.
The staff was excellent at preparing the food, and getting the horses and us ready for the day. At the end of day's ride we returned to camp there was always a snack before dinner. Never had the same meal twice, and some meals I never thought you could make in a camp stove.
As much as the days were filled with activity the nights were relaxing by a good fire where we shared stories and jokes with each other or listening to Dewy play his accordian.
This was just such a terrific trip and I would highly recommend it to anyone, young and old, who would be for looking that experience of a lifetime to call Anchor D.

9  Thank Kevin H