“A very special place”
Review of The Cottage Hotel

The Cottage Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hope Cove
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have been coming to The Cottage since I was a child. Now I am married and equally enjoy the hotel with my new family.

Every time we come we fine the rooms well kept with exceptional views toward Hope Cove, the food suburb and the staff friendly and attentive.

The hotel will not suit anyone looking for a modern boutique but if you are looking to find somewhere to have a traditional get away, then The Cottage is certainly for you.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew B

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Yet again Will, Sarah & staff have done it again. We had a lovely evening meal with bed & breakfast. It's such a great place, with tea & cake on the terrace, followed by a short walk around the headland. The room had fantastic views towards Plymouth & Cornwall. All I can say is 'come on all you locals & visitor's, come & try this great hotel if not for a holiday just come for the locals night & sample the great food & friendly service.

Room Tip: We had room 218 & our friends had 223, both had great views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2013

As a child we stayed several times at the cottage hotel with my family and grandparents. My memories were fairly vague but came flying back to me this summer! I took my husband and month old baby there on our way to Cornwall. It was fabulous! Quite a bit of nostalgia, maybe, but the staff made our stay perfect especially when they kindly moved us to a separate area for dinner, whilst our daughter bawled her eyes out, because we were terrified of bothering the other guests. So kind and nothing was too much of a bother for them.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2013

What can we say...... As always a total delight to come back to such a freindly and well run family hotel. William and Sarah as ever welcoming and ever present. We came back this weekend to celebrate my birthday and there is no where I would rather have been. It is my second time but my fiancé has been coming here for the last 30ish years. Food is always fantastic, service exceptional . A truly beautiful location for a truly special occasion. Will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 24, 2013

A few weeks ago my husband surprised me with a night away, babysitter booked and room waiting!
We don't live far away from Hope Cove but I had never been so when we ended up at the hotel, it took my breath away. Our room was stunning and the view amazing!
We sat drinking champagne on the balcony in the afternoon watching the world go by. The food is incredible value and the staff are all very friendly and welcoming.

We have booked again for a night in Dec but this time with the girls who will love it just as much as we did I'm sure!

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room with a balcony, newly decorated and very stylish.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Staying at he Cottage Hotel for a couple of nights. The pros:
- Great views from the front of the hotel (worth the extra fiver)
- Great location
- Open in November (not all places are)
- Staff welcoming and fairly friendly feel (if a bit formal)

Cons:
- Rooms and general feel a bit tired and in need of a revamp

All in all, having stayed at plenty of B&B's and small hotels, for the price it's better than many and not as good as plenty - hence average overall. One of the best views almost earned a score of very good - in fact on balance it deserves 3.5 stars but that's not possible!

Room Tip: Best at the front but you pay a bit more (worth it though)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank gholpin
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Thank you for a superb Murder Mystery weekend.
Delicious menu, always excellent service, amazing views and a sweet trolley to die for....
Looking forward to 2014 March & a Halloween Murder Mysteries.
Fab u lous darling!!!

#1 of 1 in Thurlestone
Lantern Lodge
Lantern Lodge
#3 of 4 in Hope Cove

Been to The Cottage Hotel? Share your experiences!