Spent our 25th wedding anniversary at this hotel and now our 45th! Visited regularly in between. One of the smaller rooms this time but with the end balcony: romantically cosy:) Hotel organise the flowers, Champaign (house) and red wine on arrival fine. Food remains excellent, inventive for a hotel and five course plus coffee, together with excellent service, what more can one ask. The wine - purchased by daughter - was excellent as well as the Champaign which together with anniversary menu and decorated table resulted in a fine evening. Golly then there was breakfast and another meal then breakfast - phew. So I know the place is not modern and if not old world, certainly has amazing charm. For October it was really warm so sat on the balcony until 23.00 drinking after dinner coffee listening to the waves boom in just below. Housekeeping standards are excellent. So if you want something different, special, cosy, good location and to be well fed with lots of walks: this is it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 31 bedroomed family-run hotel in a spectacular coastal location.Relaxing holiday atmosphere with excellent cusine and an established reputation for hospitality and service.Comfortable en-suite rooms, many have superb sea-views and some have balconies. Sun terraces, garden descends down to Hope Cove beach.Free parking, free wi-fi interent access in hotel lounge, Open all year, including Christmas and New Year, short breaks available, (special breaks available including Murder Mystery week-end, Painting and Mosaic breaks, Guided Walking Breaks). We look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Cottage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottage Hotel Kingsbridge
- The Cottage Hotel Hope Cove, Devon