“Don't miss this one!”

Habanero's Gastro Grill
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Opened in October of 2004 by celebrity Chef F. Tadd Chapman, Habaneros Gastro Grill and Tequila bar has developed into one of San Jose del Cabo's most recognized restaurants among locals and tourists alike. Nestled behind a wall of eureka palms between San Jose's hotel zone and historic downtown, Habaneros blends the European style bistro with an eclectic "Mexican Fusion" menu all the while keeping things "Baja" Casual. In the fall of 2006 Tadd was joined by his mother, Christine Chapman to create a family operated restaurant with over 50 years of joint restaurant experience. After 4 years of satisfied clients the opportunity to expand to the adjoining local arose, and thus was born Habaneros Gastro Grill and Tequila Bar.
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Only a short walk from San Jose's hotel zone, this restaurant is one that shouldn't be missed. We visited Habanero's five times during our stay in SJD! Two of those times were for breakfast, and three for dinner. Each meal we had was excellent. The rib-eye I had on the first night was in my top 3 steaks of all time, and I've eaten too many steaks in my lifetime. I was surprised to see the review below saying the ribs were sub-par, because I had ribs one night (after smelling them at the table next to me) and they were also spectacular! The sauce was perfect, and they were falling off the bone.

The staff was very friendly and prompt, always making sure we had everything we needed. We will definitely be back here when we return to SJD.

Some things I recommend to try:

- Rib-Eye w/ blue cheese
- Ribs
- Stuffed French Toast
- Margarita

Reviewed December 20, 2013

we walked by this place last year every time we walked into town, this time we stopped as had looked it up before we came down. it is a bit hidden behind plants etc so a bit hard to find and /or see unless one is especially doing that. there are about 5 restaurants along the way into town, once one leaves the main road along the hotels on the beach. we were happy with our meal, mine the battered shrimp tacos and my husband the onion soup. the seating isn't the best, on the sidewalk, behind plants next to the parking lot, however that doesn't interfere with the good food. there was shade. always a good crowd when we walked by. good pico with the chips. took awhile to get our bill for some reason. a pleasant waiter. only a 10 minute walk from our hotel, the grand mayan. I'd certainly recommend!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We have been comming here for the past 3 years. Last year we loved their ribs. Actually we went back atleast 3 times just for the rib. This year we are back and were very excited to go to Habanero's for the ribs again. We were very disappointed. Very very spicy. My husbands ribs were over cooked and very tough. My ribs were way to spicy. We were very disappointed.
As for breakfast, you can't go wrong. For $10.00 you get a nice breakfast which includes a fruit bowl, coffee and your main breakfast. Very tasty!!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Not an extensive menu, but all of the dishes we had (tuna, parrot fish, and shrimp) were extremely good. I suspect I've had equally good fish, but can't remember better. Not a lot of "Mexican" food. Mostly fish and steaks. Good service and nice place.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We brought mahi mahi and triggerfish that we caught earlier to have prepared, price was very resonable and our waiter, Victor, was fun and very friendly. Victor would stop by to check on us and do magic trick, math tricks and generally kept us entertained, he did this while keeping 4 tables all taken care of. The fish came prepared on a large platter perfectly, the different types were all delicious and the presentation was wonderful. The Chef came out to check on the platter personally and was glad we were pleased, he took time and described how each item was prepared and answered all of our questions. The desert was exceptional, our friends who frequently vacation in the Florida Keys, said the Key Lime pie was the best they had ever had. There are many choices in San Jose to eat and we went back for a second time to celebrate a birthday, Victor was requested again and did not disappoint. Make a point to eat here if in San Jose.