“Excellent Meal”

Habanero's Gastro Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Opened in October of 2004 by celebrity Chef F. Tadd Chapman, Habaneros Gastro Grill and Tequila bar has developed into one of San Jose del Cabo's most recognized restaurants among locals and tourists alike. Nestled behind a wall of eureka palms between San Jose's hotel zone and historic downtown, Habaneros blends the European style bistro with an eclectic "Mexican Fusion" menu all the while keeping things "Baja" Casual. In the fall of 2006 Tadd was joined by his mother, Christine Chapman to create a family operated restaurant with over 50 years of joint restaurant experience. After 4 years of satisfied clients the opportunity to expand to the adjoining local arose, and thus was born Habaneros Gastro Grill and Tequila Bar.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had a thoroughly enjoyable meal. Our waiter, Eric, provided fantastic service and the food was first rate. We'll come back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,232)

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went here for date night on a family trip. We arrived without a reservation and the patrons were obviously a bit higher class than us. This didn't seem to phase the staff as they were very friendly and accommodating. It was a little chilly at the outdoor seating and they were expecting a large group for the small indoor dining room. Nonetheless we waited a few minutes until the group arrived and they were able to set a small table for us once they knew there was room.

The only negative I have to say is minor and probably due to my own preference. I'm a bit of a blue collar simpleton. The dining room was very loud with the large group drinking and yelling over each other and the ambiance can be found at several upscale stateside restaurants. The food was very appetizing but not as memorable as some of the other stops we made.

The service here is what really stood out. We were given everything we wanted exactly as we asked for it. Our waiter never stopped smiling and was quick and responsive. He even got the chef to make us a desert we wanted that was not on the menu. That really made my wife's night which in turn.... Well you know

Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I were celebrating 38 years together while we were in San Jose del Cabo so I did some research on a nice place to take her out to dinner while there. Habaneros Gastro and Grill is what I came up with. It turned out to be a real hit with my wife. We both ordered the Chicken Voodoo with the coconut shrimp for an appetizer. Both were out of this world. For dessert we ordered the Mexican Mud Pie and shared one. The presentation of everything set in front of us along with the pampering service really made us feel special. Prices were very reasonable. We would definitely return to this place again.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Walking distance from home allows this to become a favorite from the BBQ Bourbon baby back ribs to the surf and turf for 2 (that actually fed 3). Definitely try this one.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stopped in right from the airport for a quick break. Fresh food and willing to accomadate taste when I ordered a twist off the menu.