The Grand Mayan at Vidanta Los Cabos
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$385
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$170
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$226
Westin.com
  • Pool
Royal Solaris Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$167
  • Pool
Paradisus Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$539
$414
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$229
Hilton.com
  • Pool
One & Only Palmilla(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$640
Hotels.com
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$543
$446
Bookit.com
Cabo Azul Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$369
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$494
$318
HotelsClick
1,271 results
All reviewstimeshare presentationblue fishsamba restaurantsan josebrio spalos cabostime sharepool arearci exchangebeautiful resortone bedroom suitehigh pressurecab riderental carpool stafflounge chairsweek stay
Reviewed January 2, 2009

My family and I visited the Grand Mayan from Nov. 21-Nov. 28. We had a great time. The hotel is beautiful, the staff was wonderful, and the weather was great. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I had read mixed reviews on tripadvisor so I was not sure what to expect but I was pleaseantly suprised.
The pool area is beautiful. The pools are a bit cold when you first get in but once you get used to the temperature, they were pretty nice. It was refreshing in the afternoon after a full day of playing hard.
The rooms are large and spacious. There were 6 people in our party and we had a 2 bedroom suite. We all had plenty of space. The only "problem" with the room is there are only 4 chairs at the dining room table so that was awkward if we all sat down together. There are bar stools or patio chairs, which is what we brought inside to use. A bit inconvenient but we made it work.
We really enjoyed San Jose Del Cabo. After spending a couple of days in Cabo San Lucas, I was very glad we decided to stay in San Jose. It is not nearly as crowded and not as touristy as Cabo. The locals were very friendly and we enjoyed walking through town and going through the shops.
All in all, the week was great and I would definitely go back to the Grand Mayan again.

3  Thank peachy1960
Reviewed December 17, 2008

November 7,2008

This was our second visit to this hotel.
Twenty years of coming to Baja.
Stayed in both Cabo San Lucas and San Jose Del Cabo
First about a month after it opened in 2007.
And second 2008, both in the month of November.
First time we had a one bedroom suit. Second time We had a two bedroom suit
We did Not attend any timeshare presentations. And told them at check in we here to fish. Time was too valuable to waste!
They had No presentations at 5: a.m. when we would leave for the boat!
I guess that is why our stay was so Great!!

The hotel is Outstanding, Service and Housekeeping was Excellent. On par with any major resort hotel in Hawaii.
And their price for food and drinks equal.

If you come here looking for all the freebies you put your self in the pressure cooker!

San Jose del Cabo is like Old Mexico, not like Cabo San Lucas
Party town.
Great location in town and close enough to walk, but far enough for a quite stay.

6  Thank Wahoo_549
Reviewed November 30, 2008

We just returned from a week (Nov. 21-28th) at the Grand Mayan in San Jose del Cabo, for Thanksgiving. We have been to all of the other Grand Mayan resorts, and some of the Mayan Palace and Sea Garden hotels. This was absolutely worth the wait, having never been to the tip of Baja before. From the moment we arrived, we realized this was the finest resort they have developed to date. The location is in a quiet setting, in San Jose del Cabo, which is about 20 miles from Cabo San Lucas, and an very nice drive with a rental car, which is much recommended over taxi's or the bus. We went into Cabo SL for 3 of the 6 days we were there, and spent the rest of the time exploring local restaurants and ate a few nights at the resort, and most of the morning breakfasts. The breakfast is probably the nicest buffet style breakfast I have had in Mexico. The food is made to be very fresh, and I found it convienient as well as extremely tasty. What can I say, I love breakfast in Mexico. The resort was full for the week we were there, but you would not know it by the availability of chairs and beds at the pool. Only on Thanksgiving day was it more of a challenge to find a place by the pool, but only because we didn't even go down there, with our 2, teenage kids, until the afternoon. We used the wireless internet, which was almost $8 a day to use, but it was everywhere in the resort, even if my kids had to take turn using their laptops, because you only get one password for the access. Being an architect, I was just impressed with the design of the resort, with the fire pits seemingly everywhere, if you like that sort of think at night. The local Mega mart was closeby for groceries, even though we did hit the Costco the first day we drove to Cabo SL, for more provisions.

I'm glad I did not read these reviews until we got back, because people who leave reviews, having not stayed at the resort as guests, should not be allowed to leave reviews. The staff at the resort were just wonderful, and there was nothing we could have asked for. Be aware the meals are pricey at the resort, but that is the whole idea of not going with all inclusive, so you can explore other local restaurants, or just cook in the room. My wife and I agree this is the best of all the Grand Mayans, even if our 16 year old daughter was seeking more kids her age, which appeared to be in short supply for that week. My 14 year old son, who loves the beach and eating anything out of the sea, had to most fun, going with me out to see the arch in Cabo SL, while mom and his sister went to the spa. Getting in and out of the water taxis on the beaches is an adventure that I was not used to, until we made this trip. I highly recommend this part of Mexico and the Grand Mayan in San Jose del Cabo.

The entrance to this resort is worth the trip, alone. Since it is their trademark to create these amazing entrances, I can only say it is worth walking thru on a daily basis. Because of the lighting, it is impossible to photograph, but you will feel at home with this particular Grand Mayan, if you have visited any of their other resorts, before.

10  Thank kahits
Reviewed November 21, 2008

We had a wonderful week at the Grand Mayan in San Jose. It is a beautiful resort, clean, quite a year old, heated pools even with 90 degree temperatures, not crowded, a quiet location with polite, friendly personnel.

We did have a problem during check in. When we arrived at 3:30 we were told at the front desk that there were no more 2 bedroom suites left. We made arrangements 6 months ago. They need to change their policy of first come, first serve. When a reservation is made, a 2 bedroom unit should be assigned at that time so it will not depend on arrival time. We complained and waited for the 6 of us to have access to a 2 bedroom so we could be together. Three hours later the personnel discovered on the computer that a 1 bedroom with a studio was available, because the guests in the studio left early. We have this problem at all of the Mayan resorts. Finally we were settled in.

We rented a mini-van in order to explore the area. We ate all our meals off the resort as we like to try different restaurants. We had a great time during the week. We enjoyed the boat dinner cruise to the Land's End arch, went to Cabo Wabo in Los Cabos, shopped in San Jose, played golf, went to timeshare presentations, ate at the Office restaurant on the beach in Cabos, swam in the warm pool, and took a scenic short trip north along the coastline to the charming Todos Santos village to see Hotel California and the 1700's Mission. We bought taxco silver in the quiet shops at a decent price after negiotating with the shop keepers. The photos were stunning with the sunset on the Pacific Ocean with cactus on the mts. in the foreground.
.The week flew by and can't wai to return someday.

9  Thank BijonV
Reviewed November 12, 2008

Visited the Grand Mayan 10/31-11/6/2008
Had the 2 bedroom with full kitchen. This place is immaculate! The service (Josua at bell desk) is great. This part of Cabo, San Jose is a wonderful town. The town is close to hotel, we walked every day. Teo's in town for 2:1 lunch special- also try his basil mojito, Tiki gone Wild for breakfast and the best place we found is Mason de Angel for dinner. Brand new rest. top notch, for 5 of us, cost $61.00 USD. We travel a lot and are really into good quality resorts, food, etc. M de Angel made the best mojito on a cart that came to our table. I HIGHLY recommend the 3 hr quad tour in town. You can book it through hotel (Same price) or book at their place on the main street. They took us to beautiful, secluded areas that we wouldn't have found. Rented a jeep from Avis at hotel, no problem, $90.00 for 24 hrs. We went to the Mega (you can walk to 15 mins away and taxi back). Stocked up on water and our own cocktails and cereal. Saved us some money. Went to timeshare next door at Azul, great place, gpt $150.00 for the shortened presentation and was worth it. Took 3 hrs. Pool has happy hour for one hour and this was really fun. Weather this time of year is 85-90 and absolutely perfect. Didn't care for Grand Mayans but have changed my mind. The town of SJD is great for shopping and eating, lots of great choices and much cleaner than Los Cabos. Check it out!

6  Thank TravelPro4You