Two weeks at The Grand Mayan and I have come away not loving it but not hating it either. We are owners so our double bedroom suite was on the upper floor looking out over the ocean. Fantastic view of the water and the resort. The rooms are "interesting". I truly don't believe they are equipped with comfort in mind: there are only 2 chairs for the deck & 2 lounge chairs that are useless in the evening when you want to sit and have a drink. The furniture in the suite is uncomfortable to sit on and not designed particularly well. The beds... ohhh...so uncomfortably hard with weird pillows. Equipment in the room (utensils, dishes,...) is okay. Not great, but manageable.
In terms of the resort, the pool and chairs were a major issue. The pools are unheated and they are cold! It was 26 C every day and you could just dip yourself into them and then you needed to get out. As well, there is a lack of lounge chairs for the resort. They have all of these stupid, unused cabanas instead of more chairs and tables for around the pool. The great part about the pools is that they are large and cover a big area so you can choose where you want to be - near the activities or in a quiet secluded area.
The time share presentation is a major issue. It is too long and not effective. There should be some respect for people's time and desire to be out in the sun. That is why they came!.
Location - is great. It is walkable to the Old Town for dinners and a great stroll. As well, it is just a ten minute walk to Mega for some beer and groceries when needed. The Staff, I thought was great. They were courteous and friendly and tried to make the most out of everything for us.
Fireworks display on American Thanksgiving was great!!! A fantastic show and unexpected surprise.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Grand Mayan Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Mayan Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Wyndham San Jose Del Cabo
- San Jose Del Cabo Wyndham
- Cabos Grand Los Mayan
- The Grand Mayan Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo