“Will Come Back Every Time...”

Krystal Grand Los Cabos Hotel
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Chicago, Illinois
“Will Come Back Every Time...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

Beautiful resort, clean and updated, along with the best service you would expect. All rooms face the ocean view.
My daughter and I went for a week and enjoyed each moment. The personnel here are so accomodating and always have a smile and warm greeting. Virginia at the front desk is a gem, and Cesar and Christian in the restaurant are the best!
Also, the poolside service is unmatched...they make sure you're taken care of.
You won't be disappointed by the Bel Air. We will be back each time we go to this area of Mexico.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. They all face the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank cin4460
BelAirCabosGerencia, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Krystal Grand Los Cabos Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2016
We appreciate the time you have invested to write a review about your recent stay at Hotel Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Los Cabos.

We were delighted that you've enjoyed all the details we take pride in offering our guests. As are our regular practice, we'd be very happy to share your lovely remarks to our team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service.

Once again, we thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review of your experience with us.

Chief Concierge.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Parrish, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

We exchanged our timeshare here through Interval Int'l . Since it was our 1st exchange and the hotel had recently changed hands, we didn't know what to expect. We were extremely happy with our room - ocean view, private balcony right on the beach, and a large 2-bedroom unit perfect for us with 2 boys ages 18 and 21. It even had 3 bathrooms! The staff was always very friendly and helpful. They even helped us take some family pictures! The swim up pool bar was always open and had 2 for 1 from 11:30-1:00. It is very laid back and relaxing here. We too shopped at Mega but usually drove into Cabo at night for dinner. Parked at the mall - you need pesos to pay - and then walked all over Cabo. It was the most relaxing and carefree vacation ever!!

Room Tip: Ask for the newer building and ocean front. It is a little walk to the pool but worth it!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank LC0815

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

Wow! What an amazing gem of a hotel. Located in quiet San Jose Del Cabo right on the beach, this "new" resort was exactly what we were looking for. The rooms were reasonably priced and our "suite" overlooked the ocean. Beware "suite" at this resort does not mean 2 rooms like many other hotels. Rather, it is a large room containing a king size bed, couch, table, and full size kitchen. It had recently been renovated so everything was immaculately new and clean, from beautiful marble floors, to planatation full length floor to ceiling shutters to close out the morning sun. Super comfortable beds and high end finishings all around. My husband and I were able to get 2 connecting rooms for additional space which the hotel staff Virginia and hotel manager Carlos graciously offered us free of charge due to our misunderstanding of the "suite" booking on Expedia. The staff was super friendly and helpful yet unobstrusive. The pools were beautiful and never over-crowded like we've experienced at more popular resorts. You could always find a comfortable lounge chair without difficulty any time of the day. They also had cabanas right on the beach. The resturant was good yet somewhat pricey. My husband and I made a few trips to the local Mega store to stock up our fridge for breakfast and lunch meals to save money. It's only 5 minutes from the resort. Despite all the bad things you may ha ve heard about Mexico lately, San Jose Del Cabo did not fit that profile in the least. We took many road trips searching for surf on both sides of the coast without any problems. Also, if you like to surf, there's great long and short board breaks (Old Man's in front of the Cabo Surf hotel) and Middles and Zippers (short board wav es) the next 2 breaks down. The best place to rent surfboards is at Cabo Azul Surf shop which rent awesome boards shaped by a local shaper named Oleas. The boards rocked and were a great deal at $15/day if you rent it for the week. These all were located only 5 minutes by car away from the Bel Air. All in all, we had a fabulous trip and are planning to return next summer with our 2 daughters. Thank you so much Bel Air staff for a wonderful and relaxing vacation. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sarah123405

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

My husband and I have been to Cabo several times and absolutley love it there, however this hotel left us with a bad taste and we will not be returning to this hotel and do not recommend it. When we arrived and were checking in the gentleman at the front desk was very rude and we could tell that he was stressed out. He was working all by himself and there was a line of people checking in. We had to wait 45 minutes just to start the check in process. We were then told that our room was not ready and that it was a studio with no ocean view, this is after we had confirmed and requested an ocean view room when we booked. After some discusssion, he told us that he would give us an ocean view and would deal with the guest who was supposed to get it when they checked in......After waiting three hours our room was ready. The bell man took us to our room and showed us the room that we were supposed to get.....it was right next door to our room and it was SMALL!!!! About the size of a cruise ship room, with a view of the neigboring apartment complex. I felt bad for the people that got stuck with that room. The room that we eneded up getting was big and had nice newer appliances with an ocean view. The balconies offer no privacy what so ever. They are poorly positioned so that while we were lying in our bed the people staying up and to the left of us coould see directly in our room and see us in bed while they were out on there balcony, and the same was true for us while we were out on our balcony. Also, if your outside and your neighbor is well, you pretty much are sitting out there together,and can hear what they are talking about and smell what they are eating and if they are smoking- no privacey what so ever. The walls are sooooo thin that you can hear EVERYTHING next to you, above you and below. It was so bad that I could hear the people next to us going to the bathroom, fighting, and pretty much everyhting that they were talking about. The first night we actually saw and heard three different couples with the bellman go into the studio "cruise ship" room and leave with their bags immedietly. They kept trying to pawn off that room on everyone who checked in. We even talked to some other guests down by the pool who said "oh yeah they tried to give us that room too". We eneded up leaving the hotel after two nights becuase of the sleepless nights, poor service, disgusting food and lack of privacy.When we complained and told the front desk that we were leaving, they never offered us an apology or tried to keep us to stay, we kind of got the feeling that they expected it! There were other guests that were there that were also un happy and left as well. We ended up going to Serena del Mar and had a WONDERFUL time.. the rooms were gorgeous, private, the staff were gracious and the pools were amamzing. I cant say eneough good things about this place, and would highly recommend staying at Serena del Mar or the Hilton(we stayed there a few years ago and loved it as well).

Room Tip: dont settle for the non ocean view studio room
18 Thank Jdv05
BelAirCabosGerencia, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Krystal Grand Los Cabos Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2016

We want to apologies for the inconveniences you mencioned.
We just want to aware you that we have a new management and since your visit untill this days to much thinks had change on our property, we have several improvements on our service and facilities, we encourage you to give us the opportunity to serve you and be your host one more time in our beautiful paradise.

Best Regards,
Carlos Ulises Martinez.

Travelers are raving about these San Jose del Cabo hotels

Calgary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

My 7-year-old daughter and I had a 2-week holiday after we exchanged my timeshare through Interval International. We were there from April 30 - May 7. I have been to Mexico five times before (twice to Cabo) and never had a problem until this trip.

The resort was transitioning from Playa del Sol to Belair Collection Resort & Spa. I want to say positively that the staff was wonderful. Outstanding thank yous go to Carlos (front desk) for the beautiful 2-bedroom oceanview room, Rene (concierge) for all the help and remembering to book our taxi on our last morning, and to Jesus (bartender extraordinaire)
for all the awesome doubles you poured.

We had an unfortunate incident on our last day at the resort. We had an early morning flight departure (7 am) so my 7-year-old-daughter and I needed to leave at 5 am. On the morning I called the front desk for someone to come and get our bags for us. Two men showed up at my door, an older man with grey hair, dishevelled and no front teeth and a younger man in a sweater that read securidad. Both had trolleys and expected a lot of luggage. They seemed disappointed that we only had 1 suitcase and two carry ons.
I had never seen them at our resort before. They took my bags and went down ahead of me and my daughter on the elevator. My daughter and I ran down the stairs. I did not realize that there was no one at the front desk until 7am. The lobby was deserted. Luckily the cab Rene had booked the day before was waiting for us. We waited and waited. I thought they had stolen my luggage. The second older disheveled man was not there, but the younger one appeared with the 3 bags after about 10 minutes and the cabby took the bags and put them in the cab. We left for the airport.

At the airport I checked through our bags (I should not have let them take the bags,
but they made me nervous and I didn't know what to do since it was just me and my little daughter). In the front pouch of my carry on was my watch, 2 bracelets, and a small beaded pouch a jewelry designer had given to Julia, my daughter. They were gone. I checked the suitcase and nothing else was missing.

When we arrived home, I called the resort. The customer services manager (Diego Valtierra, not sure if the spelling is correct) told me these two men were actually
part time employees from La Jolla (the resort next door) that they use at Playa del Sol. He insisted I "lost" the jewelry. He said the maids would search our room and he would call me back. He never did. I left 2 messages for him. Nothing. I also reported the resort (and the lack of night time security) to Interval International.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
16 Thank CatinaArthurs
BelAirCabosGerencia, Gerente at Krystal Grand Los Cabos Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2011
I am terrible sorry to know about your experience; The only i can tell you is that in order to prevent any similar situation, we already have staff at the front desk 24 hrs at day.
Unfortunately our houskeeping did not find nothing in the room.
Thank you very much for your comment about the staff and looking forward to serve you in a near future

Miguel Angel Ruíz
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

We chose the Bel Air because it was fairly priced, near the airport, and on the beach. We had a couple of days to kill before heading out on another trip. We were pleasantly surprized. The property overlooks the beach. They have great beach loungers and umbrellas, a nice pool, and a nice little restaurant for breakfast and lunch.
The rooms were a little small, but we could see the ocean, and they had little kitchenettes with everything we needed. It was a fairly quiet that time of year. Our room was modern and updated. The service from the people there was excellent with one exception. They all helped me with a time share man that had bothered me. Other pluses...free coffee and tea and patries in the morning. Free champagn and tea in the afternoon. Ppol side towel service. Ample happy hours. Pretty close to a grocery store and other restaurants.

Downsides - room is a pretty good walk from the pool. Taxi fare around there is outrageous...consider renting a car. Also, after we had checked out, the manager found us as we were leaving and said we would be charged for our room plus late fees, even though we had paid for it on Orbitz. I had to get on my computer and find the online receipt minutes before the "deadline"....when I showed it to him, he said he had figured it out. Needless stress for me.

4 Thank scubadoo55

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

My husband and I reserved a 'getaway' in a 2 bedroom condo at the Bel Air during the last week of May and absolutely loved it. The staff was very professional and exceptionally friendly, especially Rene at the front desk. We had a tough time leaving the airport because of all the timeshare folks trying to get us to book tours. It was wonderful arriving at the quiet/peaceful resort and being greeted with smiles and glasses of champagne. Rene took our bags and helped us get situated in our room. The place was amazing... we were right on the water, all furniture and appliances appeared newish, and it was exceptionally clean.
One thing to note about the area, is the water was not swim able however we did not miss it with having the pool so close to the sea.... We took advantage of the happy hour drink specials and ate lunch and dinner on the property. At no time were we ever disappointed with the food or service. Make sure to visit the nearby restaurants, Mi Ensalada and Sardina Cantina. Also about 15 minutes away walking is a very large market called Mega. There is no need to rent a car in my opinion... the buses are very convenient and will take you back and forth to Cabo San Lucas for just a couple bucks. We asked the folks at Bel Air and they were more than happy to advise us on how to get around!

2 Thank Milihandras