“ALL Modern Plush Suites - amazing food - PERFECT”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cabo Azul Resort

Cabo Azul Resort
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Pasadena,CA
“ALL Modern Plush Suites - amazing food - PERFECT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2010

This place is amazing! Javiers is some of the best food in Cabo as I go to Cabo every few months. All rooms are suites but modern suites with art deco and wonderufl interior design. The pool has a cool firepit and swim up bar. I actually brought my 1 year old and it was an amazing trip for all of us!

Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank mbeamer2001

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2010

Beautiful hotel! We have stayed at some of the top hotels in the world, and the Cabo Azul could easily be counted among them. The rooms are really villas with full kitchen and living rooms. Ours had 2 bedrooms and bathrooms with a jacuzzi tub right in the bedroom. The rooms look brand new and are really nicely decorated. The resort itself is gorgeous. The pool area is one of the best i've ever seen. Definitely the most comfortable lounge chairs. There was plenty of space for everyone. No one was reserving the chairs at all. Sit where ever you want anytime. The 'pods' around the pool were perfect for me to read in the shade all week. Extremely comfortable. There is no swimming in the ocean, but the beach is great to walk on. We saw several whales in the distance (look for the mist cloud from their blowholes and you'll see them jumping everywhere). Close 3 minute, $5 cab ride to town. There are a lot of great choices of restaurants to choose from. They were selling timeshares, but it was very low key with no pressure at all. There were a few children, but its really not a great place for them as there are no organized activities and you can't swim in the ocean. The pool area is plenty big enough to sit in a quiet spot if kids are getting noisy. Go to the Mega and buy your drinks and snacks. Basically like a Wal-Mart and very close by. All in all, great stay. Wonderful resort. You can't go wrong.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank canada_doug
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2010

Cabo Azul was beautiful! The rooms were very well-appointed; however, the bathroom lighting was too dark. Ladies pack a lighted make-up mirror!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2010

I've been to mexico a lot, and this is by far the nicest place I've ever stayed. The service and food are excellent. The rooms are AMAZING! I've been 3 times in the last 12 months and hoping to bring the family back in the summer. Four star all the way. The manager, Sean was helpful and visible throughout the stay. We mostly ate out by the pool and staff was friendly. Love going into town. The new Marina is open so we didn't have to drive all the way into Cabo San Lucas. It's definitely in the quieter part of Los Cabos.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank texasfan17
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2010

We were the very fortunate recipients of a call from my sister-in-law saying, "If you can make it to Cabo, I've got a place for you to stay!". Hmmm... it didn't take us long to say yes, even if our family would be flying from the East Coast during the Christmas holidays! We normally choose active vacations where we're up and about touring, seeing, etc. This vacation was the exact opposite & wonderful. The staff @ Cabo Azul was excellent (we worked w/the concierge a # of times due to delayed luggage) - friendly & very helpful. The food @ Javier's was delicious & the swim-up bar a favorite. We did go into Cabo San Lucas for dinner (Pochos - very small but the food was great) & parasailing which afforded us a little variety altho CSL tends to be the party-side of town. I wish we had explored Cabo San Jose a little more as it looked like a great place to wander. I'd highly recommend the resort - we were incredibly pampered!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank upstatenyker
San Clemente
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2010

Our stay at the Cabo Azul Resort and Spa was truly amazing. Everything from the beautiful, immaculate villa, the excellent service, the food, and several amenities (the Paz Spa experience is a must), was more than we had anticipated. We were especially impressed by the attention to detail and the beautiful water and fire designs incorporated throughout the property - creating a serene and relaxing atmosphere. We are definitely planning a return visit!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2010

Got back from Cabo Azul a few days ago, and had a wonderful stay. This was my fourth trip to Los Cabos, and overall, I thought it was a wonderful resort -- definitely on a par with the other luxury places I've stayed.

Fortunately, I was upgraded from a 1 BD/1 BA to a 2 BD/2 BA, which gave my friend and me the individual space we needed. And the promotional rate we received through Travelzoo was outstanding, so I was content with the partial ocean view, vs. full.

This resort is booked at about 40% occupancy for January and February, so noise late at night was not too bad. The kitchens are nicely equipped (great to have a blender for margaritas) and having the modern, clean Mega Market within a 15-minute walk is very convenient. The on-site food and drinks are pricey; ate at Javier's one night, and then took greater advantage of the kitchen after that.

The units are well appointed, but lighting is rather poor and bath towels for the master bath are on a decorative ladder in the bedroom. Clearly, aesthetics were given greater priority than functionality in this regard. The bathrooms are so dim that putting on makeup (and for men, shaving) is a challenge. And it's a little tricky to read in bed the way the draped fabric blocks the already fairly dim lighting over the night tables. When I mentioned this to the concierge, she said this is a daily complaint. So it really should be remedied.

My other beef is a lack of ice machines. Never have I heard of this, esp. at a 4-Diamond resort. Very surprising, esp. since there are ice buckets in the rooms. You have to either request that a bellman bring ice to your room, or trek to the bar at Javier's to get some yourself. The only explanation I can think of is that this is a ploy to get you to buy drinks at the bars instead. Whatever the reason, it - like the lighting situation - should be addressed. There is space for ice machines in laundry rooms; this would be a convenient location for guests.

I attended the timeshare presentation, which (of course), I was told would be only 90 min. long. In fact, two employees said I could set my cell phone alarm and leave after 90 min. But one of the hostesses in the hospitality suite (where the tours begin) made a point of asking me what I had planned afterwards -- and seemed disconcerted when I told her I was going to leave after 90 min. if not interested in buying. Employees should really get in sync on what they tell guests re the investment of their vacation time that will be required.

I have been to around ten of these presentations on various trips to Mexico, and I've gotta say that this was the least painful so far. (At another Cabo property, part of a large area group whose initials are PB, the "closer" actually dangled sex with a married salesman as an enticement.) My salesman at Cabo Azul was very personable, no-BS, and not overly heavy-handed with his pitch (though telling me that Cabo was mentioned on "Seinfeld" - now a decade off-the-air - did not impress).

Had the concierge book two activities (an ATV ride and Wild Adventures zip tour; both great), which was convenient. My only feedback here is that the high taxes apply to tours too; this was news when I received my invoice.

San Jose proved to be a really pleasant and tranquil location. I would stay there again. Ate dinner at Habanero's one night and thought the food was delicious. Loved the blueberry mojito and "Sea and Sea" dinner for two. Totally worth the $.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
ME Cabo
ME Cabo
#13 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#4 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,954 reviews
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Playa Grande Resort
Playa Grande Resort
#15 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,537 reviews

Been to Cabo Azul Resort? Share your experiences!