“Gorgeous, modern, exquisite!”

Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Brentwood, California
“Gorgeous, modern, exquisite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2009

This property is still under construction, but you would never know it! The majority of the suites, restaraunts & pools are completed, and they are esquisite! There are 3 pools that flow from one into another, and are pristine! The landscaping is colorful and lush. The beach area is very clean and you can literally walk forever!! The rooms are very romantic, with canopied beds & ceilings. (Although I felt that they were in desparate need of better lighting. The lighting is so limited it makes it difficult to put makeup on or even read.) The kitchen area has granite counters and state of the art appliances.

The spa was deliciously relaxing.....it was if you were in a deep white cave with water features everywhere!

Until this property is finished you can find some amazing deals ....don't hesitate.....get there soon!!!

• Liked — Clean & beautiful!
  • Disliked — Terrible lighting in the suites
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Luvem2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2009

So we booked Cabo Azul via the $599 travelzoo deal - 4 nights, 5 days with $75 dollar Javier credit and $50 resort credit.

Well worth it - My wife used the $50 credit at the spa. We were given room 1108 and we had my wife and I and our 23 month old daughter. At first we were disappointed by the location because although we had some view of the ocean, we were on the ground floor so spotting whales was difficult. In reality this location was fabulous. We could walk in and out of our room for food and drinks (must be sneaky on this- they are hawks and frown upon guests bringing their own cocktails to the pool).

Everything else others have said is pretty much true - the staff know your name, they are very helpful and the resort is fabulous. Not much more to say. I will add photos this weekend.

Let me address the previous poster's three hotel weaknesses: The Pool Cards, the TimeShare bumrush and the checkout time.

First the Pool Cards- I agree this is a stupid policy and kind of a pain. Best thing to do is to hand them your cards on the first day, take your towels with you at the end of the day to your room and put stash them until morning. Take them to the towel cabana in the morning and exchange for freshies - then you dont touch the cards all week.

Timeshare BumRush - we were not asked Once about their timeshares. I knew that upon checkin (from reading previous poster reviews) that they would rush you at the concierge. I told them we had a long day with my daughter and they never brought it up. I never was asked again during our stay so my suggestion is to be strategic and kindly say no thank you should they offer.

10 am checkout - I called the day prior and asked for an 11am checkout - they noted the account without objection and we checked out at 11am. You can call the night before your departure at after 7pm to see if your Villa has someone checking in the next morning.

Stayed February 2009
4 Thank LAAFTERHOURS
houston, tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2009

Cabo Azul was like heaven – truly. Sometimes I wake up dreaming that I am still there. I proposed to my fiance of 5 years there, and I could not have chose a better place. The staff was super friendly – most of them knew my name in my brief 4 day stay. They went above and beyond to make sure the moment was special – set up a table on the beach, tiki torches and all. It was the most relaxing time I have had, and I can not say enough about the rooms. The rooms are new, huge, and have a hot tub inside! The decorations are so well thought out that I wanted to copy it for my own home. The pool was a haven and the beach although not swimmable was a pleasant sight. I could not have chosen a better place and dream of going back.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hhg22
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2009

This hotel is really beautiful. Dodd Mitchell did an amazing decor job on this property. While they are still dong some construction it is well-segregated and we did not feel it. The pool are is huge and the beach is on a clean section where you can take long walks. They play great music ( mellow enough to relax as well. Service was great and very responsive. The spa is beautiful and the gym well-equipped. The rooms are large,gorgeous, very romantic and clean.We had a two bedroom villa with a jacuzzi in the master. The hotel is situated very close to the town of San Jose del Cabo which we like much better than Cabo. It is very easy to get to restaurants in town. There is a convenient nice market in the hotel as well as a cafe for morning coffee, pastries and later gelato. There are three weakness to this property. The time share push is intense. We avoided it b/c we were not interested but they try and hook you with various incentives ( massage, breakfast, whatever). Also, they have two very bizarre policies. Check out time is 10:00 am which is really early considering check-in is at 4:00. You can pay $125 to stay later. The other ridiculous policy for a hotel of this caliber is that you get a pool towel card for each member of your party and you have to give the card to the pool desk and then return your towel to get it back or you are charged $50. Other than that we would return for the convenience, beauty and rooms here.

• Liked — the decor is stunning
  • Disliked — the towel card policy and early check-out time
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank tripindicular1
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2009

My wife and I have been visiting the Los Cabos area for over 15 years and we have been there over a dozen times. We have stayed at a number of different hotels and condos, and we have easily visited and toured most of the hotels in the area. Our preference has been to stay closer to the San Jose del Cabo area, as we have not been enamored with the growth of the Cabo San Lucas core.
We have a few fav hotels but decided to try Cabo Azul based on the reviews as well as an absolutely amazing deal that found on the web. When you get too good a deal sometimes, you get apprehensive as to the catch. Well in our case, the apprehensions quickly disappeared the moment we arrived, from the extremely warm greeting (and if you know Mexico - the very low pressure to tour their timeshare) to the incredibly sizeable and beautiful room, and the fanastic grounds, pool area and the staff. And the new spa is amazing.
We commented to each other so often that for a large complex it felt like we were staying at a boutique hotel or at a friend's condo complex. It never felt crowded and we always found a quiet space to enjoy the pools and the environment. And if you wanted to party, well the swim up bar was a great place to get a change of pace.
While my wife and I also have our favorite restaurants in San Jose, we so enjoyed the atmosphere at Cabo Azul that in a seven night stay we only went out for meals twice, preferring either Javier's or even cooking in our room and eating out on our deck or down at the beach.
As many reviewers have noted, this is not a "wild and crazy" party scene, but for those couples who are looking for a romantic getaway then this is a highly recommended spot. Even though this hotel has so many excellent reviews I was relunctant to post mine because I fear that the great web deals will eventually disappear; however, I liked the staff here so much that I am compelled to spread the well-deserved positive word on Cabo Azul.

• Liked — spaceous rooms, extremely well decorated and comfortable - loved the lighting
  • Disliked — NADA
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank RK502
Mpls.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2009

I was at the Azul 1-19-09 through 1-23-09 with my wife and our daughter and son in law we had a 2 bedroom villa that was fantastic!!! Very clean, very roomy the beds are GREAT! The staff was friendly and helpful, very polite. The resort is close enough to walk into San Jose for drinks or dinner or a cab is 5.00 US each way. Not a whole lot going on in San Jose but a nice selection of places to eat. If the economy picks up by next year will will be back!

• Liked — Very clean, New, Great Views
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank bigski2412
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2009

This hotel is truly amazing. It's located in San Jose Del Cabo, a smaller town to the north of Cabo San Lucas, and quite honestly so much nicer and quieter and more refined than it's sister town.
It's a new property so the buildings are gorgeous, the rooms spectacular, and the pools and beaches are incredible. Each room is a "villa" with either 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms, all perfectly appointed and modern. Stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, travertine floors, jacuzzi tubs, dual sinks, glass walled shower, living rooms & bedrooms with doors to the balcony that slide 100% open leaving a fully open air suite. The bar and restaurant are fantastic. The pools are all infinity edge that dip one into the next until you're footsteps from the sand. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. I recommend going to the neighboring "Mega" food store and buying what you'd like for breakfast & lunch because the villa's are too beautiful to not use. There's even a beautiful grocery type store on site and an adorable deli-esque style counter for morning muffins and latte's. "Javier's" is the hotel restaurant, and like it's LA sister restaurant, everything is delicious. If you've ever been to Nobu you'll love the decor and design of the bar & restaurant. There is nothing about this resort that I disliked - and I've been all over the world. This by far is on my list to return to at least twice a year.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
ME Cabo
ME Cabo
#13 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#4 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,954 reviews
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Playa Grande Resort
Playa Grande Resort
#15 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,537 reviews

Been to Cabo Azul Resort? Share your experiences!