“Diamond Gem for the most part”
Review of Cabo Azul Resort

Cabo Azul Resort
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This was our third time at the resort. Congratulations for finally finishing the lobby. As usual service is top of the line. Staff there is always pleasant and accommodating. Some of the policy changes from our last visit we were not happy with. First, smoking only allowed on beach. It does not make sense because it is not law in Mexico. Since the pool is the main attraction as you can't swim in the ocean at the resort due to rip tides, why not have a smoking area for guests at the lower pool. I don't smoke but understand those who do. Give them an area as us non smokers can adapt with the other 75 percent of the outdoor area. Also including tips on bill with all food and beverage is insulting. While service is still outstanding, tipping should be my choice. Plus I like to tip in cash because most workers like it. If you don't trust your employees with this than find new ones, don't penalize the rest of us. Also, since this a top notch resort expect high prices for everything including food. Also the resort conversion rate is a money maker for the resort. Everywhere we went was over 13 pesos to the US dollar but the resort is 11.40. Use credit card there to pay so you don't get taken advantage of. With that said the place is still fantastic and spa is out of this world. This is a first class resort and is stunning to stay. Rooms and views make this a place to visit. Despite some concerns above, we will be back next year.

Room Tip: Try to get Ocean or Partial Ocean view rooms. Well worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Paul R
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

It gives me great pleasure to learn that the service provided by or team members throughout the resort, was not only extremely professional and accommodating but they were also able to graciously anticipate your needs. Cordially, Jean-Louis

There are newer reviews for Cabo Azul Resort

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We reserved a two bedroom suite for three nights for two couples - and wish we had been able to stay much longer! The room, service, pools, ocean views and restaurants - as well as the staff, food...what can we say? Excelente! This spot is first class. From the swim-up bar to the spa treatments, we had a very relaxing experience at Cabo Azul. We will for sure return when we can. We have never seen so many water and fire features. Yes, Fire! The evening/night torches around all the pools, spas and fountains was just amazingly beautiful. Every pool had an ocean view - as well as most rooms. And the in-room Jacuzzi was a real treat. The internal market made it easy to just relax and not drive anywhere. Thank you!

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view rooms when you can - but who stays in the room long? The two bedroom suite ha...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda1993
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TA following your recent stay in Cabo Azul. We are delighted to read your great review post your stay with us. Cordially, Jean-Louis and team members

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great Hotel! We spent a week at Cabo Azul and loved it. The rooms are great. They have low light, by not terrible as a lot of people say. Make sure your dimmer switches are all the way up. Keeping the blinds open didn't heat the room too much and provides tons of light. The pool is fantastic! Drinks are a little spendy, 16% tax and 18% gratuity added to an already expensive drink. Happy hour is 3-5 daily. The town square is a 5 min taxi ride away. The strip mall across the street from the hotel is very convenient. Cabo San Lucas is a 30min, $40usd taxi ride each way. Overall all the resort is great for relaxing. If you intend on leaving the hotel a lot and want a large selection of bars, restaurants and night life, you're better off staying in Cabo San Lucas.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank AdventureSeeker84
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Innovate in all aspects of high end service is our daily commitment as your vacation experience should be impeccable and memorable. With best personal regards, Jean-Louis and team members

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was my first time visiting this resort and I would definitely go back. The hotel was beautiful. The atmosphere was very relaxing and peaceful. The rooms were spacious and clean. The vibe at the beach and the pool was very calm. The staff was very courteous. They had restaurants onsite in addition to a market. I can't say enough good things about this resort. Oh and the sheets and pillows were perfect.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kavallone

We love to share tailor made attention to detail as well as our sincere appreciation to all of our guests and exclusive vacation club members. Cordially, Jean-Louis

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is a beautiful property from the entrance, to the chapel, to the pools, grounds and decor. The lounge chairs are comfortable, the pool staff is extremely attentive-especially Darinel...with helping set up towels, move chairs and setting up sun umbrellas. The food at the resort is delicious, especially the breakfast with our great waiter Francisco and the close proximity to many other restaurants off the property is a huge convenience.

I thought the rooms(we stayed in a 2-bdrm villa) were very chic and dark. As much as I loved the decor and the comfortable beds, the lighting is an issue. Luckily there was a flashlight in the kitchen to assist in helping locate our clothes and any other things we were looking for.

The staff for the most part were always attentive and happy to help in any way. Any time I went to move my lounger or umbrella to get out of the sun, someone was there to do it for me.

The only real problem that we encountered was when we booked online, unbeknownst to me at the time, we were given a $30 credit towards breakfast. When we checked in no one said anything about it and I had actually forgot. But when I was looking at my print out confirmation that I brought with me a few days later, noticed it was there. I went to the front desk to ask about it and she printed me off some coupons. When we went for breakfast, our waiter hadn't a clue what the coupon was for. Then upon checkout, they hadn't applied $30 credit/per day towards our bill. I think they were very confused and luckily I caught it....as I was almost just as confused by there billing, upon checkout. Luckily I requested a copy of the bill a few hours before checkout to go over it.
All in all a fabulous resort...the pros definitely out way the few cons.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

From the moment you arrive, our team members will make themselves available to you with a smile and knowledgeable efficiency. Cordially, Jean-Louis and Team Members

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We just returned from a week at Cabo Azul. What a gorgeous resort. The pools were fabulous and the views spectacular. We saw whales spouting and breaching from our balcony. The food was good a great. Just down the street was a bird sanctuary which I used for my daily walk. We are anxious to return.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff097

Cabo Azul is a lovely cozy place in the heart of San Jose where impeccable service and friendly attention to detail is daily offered. Cordially, Jean-Louis and team members.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I had a fantastic time lounging by the pool, eating the food soaking up the sun and enjoying the company. The service was amazing and everyone was so personable. The beach and sunsets in the area are picture perfect, as is the resort. At night the tone is set with fire lighting up around the pools, a nice added touch. I felt comfortable, safe and at ease while visiting here and the local town; where many artists have set up shop. This is a wonderful place for families and people of all ages looking to relax! Unfortunately, I do not have my photos processed yet but you will have to go and see for yourself!

Room Tip: even the pull out couch beds are comfortable, if a two bedroom isnt available
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Our team members are very happy to read that their service is so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence. With best personal regards, Jean Louis

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
#9 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
#2 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#5 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#3 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Cabo Azul Resort? Share your experiences!