“great resort, HORRIBLE RESTAURANTS”
Review of Cabo Azul Resort

Cabo Azul Resort
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Covina, California, United States
“great resort, HORRIBLE RESTAURANTS”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Cabo azul is breathtaking I would return in a heartbeat for the resort but the food they sell at both javiers and flor the noche are simply horrible. We gave them a first tty nov.4th at around 7 pm I got a pulled pork sandwich and my husband got shrimp a la mexicana and we paid $90! NO SIDES NOTHING AND TASTED LIKE SOMETHING U PULL OUT OF A FROZEN DINNER BOX. 2nd and final try we gave them was on Wednesday for their taco bar we figured why not lets give it a chance who can mess up tacos especially in mexico, right? Well flor de noche sure can we paid $70 for tacos the nastiest saltiest tacos ever. This whole niggt went wrong first I ordered a margarita because they have a 2x1 special so I ot the mango they brought out 4 ! Wqhen I asked why they gave us 4 they said two were mine and two fir my husband we quickly told them we didnt want 4 to take them back as my husband didnt order them then they waited I want to say his name way Raymundo or something like that yelled at my husband thats when I got so frustrated I asked him to just leave the stupid drinks and go away then we get our tacos if u can even call them that a plain tortilla and salty meat they had salsas but no onion or silantro one bite was enough for me u ckuld taste nothing but salt and not to mention we were swearmed by flies we moved tables but the flies just followed. We ended up taking the food and nasty drinks to our room and straight to the trash we tried talking to the capitan who is like a manager but that got us no where. That was $70 in the trash we didnt even eat that nasty food . This kind of experience can cause a guest to not want to return . I was on our honeymoon and this night really put us in a bad mood, we had just gone zip lining so we were starving . My inlaws already said based of our experience at the restaurants inaide the resort they wont visit. But the rest of the staff were amazing the resort like I said is unbelievable its gorgeous. They just desperately need to inprove the customer service in the restaurants javier and flor de noche. And food quality

Room Tip: We stayed at villa 7111 absolutely beautiful and great location
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Mayra L
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
We are delighted to have surpassed your service expectations at our resort.
Still we have to work with our restaurants concessionary in order to make it better.
It was our pleasure enjoying your preference with us.
Jean-Louis and team members

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
harrisonburg
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

What a great resort. The rooms are very well done with every detail taken care of . The one bedroom is enormous and bigger than most apartments. The pool area is where the money is . Three levels of Infiniti pools make for an impressive setting. The resort is not all inclusive and restaurants a little pricey. We went to mega mart for breakfast and lunch stuff for the week. The restaurants in San Jose de cabo were amazing and walkable or a quick taxi. Overall, very pleasant experience.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank usatraveler77
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
We are delighted that we made your stay at Cabo Azul a memorable one.
All of us eagerly look forward to your next visit.
Jean-Louis and team members
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is and was a Monarch Grand Vacations property, now being taken over by Diamond resorts International. This is by far the most beautiful place my wife and I have stayed. we went to other Time share presentations while there but none of the properties we've seen rate as High as this one does with us. The kitchens inside are real. Meaning they are full sized with a refrigerator stove, oven, dishwasher, utensils, Pots pans and Dishes servings for four. The rooms are spacious the balconies just as grand. Prices for food and drink at the resort are high ($12for a margarita) But the location is great, You can walk to the Mega market up the street and shop. Walk into town (San Jose del Cabo) and eat drink and be merry. It is an artists town and they have a great Art walk every Thursday. You can see local artists and jewelry makers, taste tequilas and walk among the friendly locals. You really can't go wrong staying here especially if you like to explore.

Room Tip: Breakfast was excellent because my Wife made it everyday in the fully equipped kitchen. Don't be...
1 Thank Rickczap
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Our team members are very happy to read that their service is so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence. With best personal regards, Jean Louis and team members
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I recently just stayed at Cabo Azul Resort and it is nothing short of amazing. The resort is great. Rooms are exceptionally clean. Right by the beach w/ several pools to enjoy. Staff is wonderful and would highly recommend others staying there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jpeg1111
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
We love to share great guest experiences to all of our guests and members.
It was an honor having you at Cabo Azul.
Please come back soon.
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My wife and I went to Cabo Azul resort for a long weekend and it was nothing short of fantastic. The rooms were large and well appointed. The grounds were kept impeccably clean and everything looked new. The pool area was beautiful (see photos I posted to my review, which tell the whole story). The beach is massive and right in front of the resort - tons of gorgeous sand ocean only steps from the resort. I would highly recommend this to a couple looking for a romantic getaway or for a family looking for a vacation with their children. This resort offers something for everyone.

2 Thank Michael_9342
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
It was our pleasure to have exceeded your expectations while enjoying our personalized service.
We at Cabo Azul have great pride showing our appreciation to all of our guests.
It will be a great honor having the opportunity to indulge you and family again.
Jean-Louis Magron, General Manager, Cabo Azul Resort and SPA
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I recently stayed at Cabo Azul for the first time and had a remarkable experience. The property itself is great-- several different pools to enjoy, huge hot tubs, luxurious rooms, two restaurant alternatives, and wide sandy white beaches just steps away-- not to mention the grand new front entrance which is currently being constructed. The array of lounge chairs to enjoy are impressive and oh so fun-- there are traditional lounge chairs, plus a variety of different day beds available in the pool area and the beach that are great to lay, nap or read on, some which are covered to provide more privacy and others more open.

The on-location supermarket was very convenient and allowed me to pick up sunscreen and some toiletry products which I had left at home. I highly recommend the Spa-- I had a deep tissue massage which was wonderful, and the Spa facilities were just as impressive, including a relaxation room with jacuzzi and lounge chairs, a sauna, and a steam room. The shower I took at the Spa was one of the best I've ever had-- talk about water pressure!! I enjoyed breakfast by the pool each morning and alternated between the buffet (fresh fruit & mexican food) and the menu (delicious omelettes, egg dishes and juices).

While I was on a business trip with a group of adults, I was impressed by the resort's ability to cater to both families with young children and couples/adults all the same. The activities offered are excellent and the staff do a wonderful job of setting these up. Beautiful facilities and great food aside, I think the real highlight of Cabo Azul is its staff, who were excellent, kind and always accomodating.

Highly reccomend Cabo Azul & can't wait to return!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Your incredible Tripadvisor review gave us great pleasure.
We certainly look forward to your return visit in near future.
Yours faithfully,
Garden Grove, California
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I purchased my time share in 2009 when Monarch was still the owner. I had never experienced such fantastic service, so we purchased our time share specifically to enjoy Cabo Azul. I try to go 2 times per year. I just went in June and then again last week. They fired half of their best employees in between that time. The employees are why most of us come back time and time again. It was quite the gloomy resort this time. I had 2 very annoying problems this time. First there was a film crew running around everywhere. They had a crew of about 10 and didn't really care that we were all on vacation and they were invading our space. I went to the front office to ask a question, they were there. Went to get a taxi they were there. Went to my room for a minute, came back to the pool, they were there, blocking my path and refused to move or acknowledge I needed to pass, so I just walked through the taping. Releasing turtles on the beach they were there. Went to the beach party they were there. Finally we said we will go to downtown San Jose to get away and have lunch. Sat down at my table and believe it or not they flippin' showed up there. 6 days of this annoying rude camera crew everywhere. Annoying. The other problem we had. I am a premier owner with Monarch and our contracts are to still be in affect. One perk is we get the 12 o'clock check out. Went to the front office to remind them I would be checking out at noon. They told me I could not because the owners and his investors were coming and we had to be out of our room by 10am and that it did not matter that I was a premier owner. I was told they were given specific instructions to have all people checking out to be out by 10 am NO EXCEPTIONS. Apparently my investment in Monarch is not good enough for egotistical meat head. I am very disappointed with Diamond Resorts. They are making a quality resort into just another average resort.

5 Thank Becky K
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Your invaluable feedback will help us to achieve higher standards of excellence in near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
ME Cabo
ME Cabo
#13 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#4 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,021 reviews
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Playa Grande Resort
Playa Grande Resort
#15 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,600 reviews

Been to Cabo Azul Resort? Share your experiences!